Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Pistol said:

SLU has offered both. Mizzou is a heavy favorite for McKinney. Liddell is more open but wants or expects more high-level offers eventually. If they're looking to play together at the moment, that may change if bigger names come calling for Liddell.

Yeah.  They both have offers.  SLU isn't heavily recruiting McKinney.  Missouri is the favorite locally for McKinney  but they both are still looking.  They are poised to have big seasons and BBE will be loaded this summer.

Until something changes drastically we aren't going to get players entrenched with Irons/Ramey camp.  They will have a few talented guys but it is probably better that we don't swim in those waters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Also, looks like Hargrove discussed SLU lately, but I don't have access to the article.

hargrove had 27 points saturday night in the big southwestern conference opener at siue where all 8 teams play the same night.   he is very very talented.   he and liddell both coming in two years would be quite the get for the billikens.  

I think we should not worry about recruiting for a extended period of time.  It is going to be bad.

If I am the parent of an African-American athlete, there is no way in hell I'm  letting him go to SLU.  This BS twice in seven years!  No way I am letting my kid be put into a situation like that.

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think we should not worry about recruiting for a extended period of time.  It is going to be bad.

If I am the parent of an African-American athlete, there is no way in hell I'm  letting him go to SLU.  This BS twice in seven years!  No way I am letting my kid be put into a situation like that.

Hot take. 

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Nothing hot take about it.  Recruiting is going to be damaged by this.  Everyone we recruit against will use this against us.

So you think that other schools are going to say "come to our school and you won't have to worry about sexual assault allegations against you."

15 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

So you think that other schools are going to say "come to our school and you won't have to worry about sexual assault allegations against you."

No I think they are going to say you don't have to worry about not getting treated treated fairly at our school.  Then they will hand them the police report from situation 1 and tell them the Willie Reed guy who did nothing was expelled from the school.  They will then tell them latest situation, also, has no police charges and a videotape that clears the players of any criminal wrong doing.  They will then point out that instead of protecting the players confidentiality, the school made sure everyone knew who they were by suspending them.

JMM28 likes this

5 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I believe the other schools are going to say "come to our school and you won't be treated the way SLU treats their student athletes."

Locally we're done. We're asking the local 4 stars to stay home and SLU can't even point to a track record of treating athletes fairly. This is going to hurt for years.

That was our big advantage -- recruiting. We were going to bring in the hometown 4 star players that other A10 teams couldn't and surround them with good out-of-state players. That advantage is over now. If the current roster + 2018 kids can't get us to the dance, it's not happening.

10 hours ago, kappy96 said:

Unfortunately, there is no way Stamos would allow his baby to ever play for SLU due to how they "mishandled" S1 and S2.  We are ruined for life and the sky is falling.  Every other University out there with players who videotape a sexual situation with women who later go to the police and the hospital would obviously treat those players better and let them play as soon as possible no matter what school policies or federal regulations or lawyers or the evidence say...especially in today's climate.