#FireJimCrews

Thank you Joe_Davola for the address I just sent Mr. May this message, "

Dear Mr. May,

I am writing this message to you about the state of the men’s basketball team.

I have been a Billiken fan since Rich Grawer was the coach and have and will be a loyal fan to the Billikens.

It appeared to me watching the entire game against Kansas St. that the team quit playing the last 10 minutes of the game.

The last 5 minutes of the game was awful and I was embarrassed for the team and the school.

I think coach Crews is a decent person but the team has regressed and I do not think coach Crews is getting the job done.

I will continue to watch and listen to the games but with the exception of the first 5 games it is really hard to watch especially when I watch the game to the end.

I hope that coach Crews status as the coach is being re-evaluated by the school.

Happy New Year"

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Joe_Davola for the address I just sent Mr. May this message, "

Dear Mr. May,

I am writing this message to you about the state of the men’s basketball team.

I have been a Billiken fan since Rich Grawer was the coach and have and will be a loyal fan to the Billikens.

It appeared to me watching the entire game against Kansas St. that the team quit playing the last 10 minutes of the game.

The last 5 minutes of the game was awful and I was embarrassed for the team and the school.

I think coach Crews is a decent person but the team has regressed and I do not think coach Crews is getting the job done.

I will continue to watch and listen to the games but with the exception of the first 5 games it is really hard to watch especially when I watch the game to the end.

I hope that coach Crews status as the coach is being re-evaluated by the school.

Happy New Year"

Well written. If May responds please share.

Well written. If May responds please share.

+1

I sent one as well...he is OOO till the 4th. Hopefully others send some well thought out opinions of how they feel about the current situation with the program. Most of us may not be big donors, but it can't hurt to tell him how we feel.

The players are getting off pretty easy here.

I think that's because it's not their fault they're not talented or savy enough to play at this level. Crews recruited this whole team. One would think he'd have an eye for who could be competitive at this level. Seriously, it appears right now we have 4 or 5 D1 level players but not one of them would be a starter on the majority of D1 teams. When you get bombed at home by low level buy teams you got a talent deficit. Add to that a coach who appears lost and you got what we're seeing, an effing lousy program.

I really wish Crews would resort to playing Jolly 30 minutes a night for comic relief purposes. He owes me that much. It is really hard for me to enjoy myself without Jolly's "efforts" out there.

In many ways, I should thank Jolly, as he is the MVP of this season for me. He provided the most enjoyable moment by far, a hilarious "baby hook" against Louisville that he launched over the backboard with the kind of form that I would expect from someone doing the Shot Put in the decathlon. Since this has been appropriately memorialized by the internet, I can watch this clip anytime I want (just did 10 times) and it will inspire badly needed laughter and invigorate my love for sports.

Jolly is as equipped to play at this level as much as Crews is to coach. They might as well expose and embarrass themselves together for my benefit. To anyone writing May, please ask that he fire Crews at the end of the season, but include the demand that Crews coach this season out, with Jolly as the starting center and focal point of the offense. I can't wait to see what he can do with the ball in his hands 20 times per game. He makes John Manning look like Hakeem Olajuwon in the post.

It's not Jolly's fault he can't play D1 ball. It is Crews fault he offered him a scholly. Nothing's funny about this team. It's pathetic we've dropped so far so fast.

Wouldn't you say in a way, it kinda is his fault?

Absolutely it is his fault. He picked them. You can not, blame the kids for taking him up on it.

I agree with you on this. Picking Jolly is on Crews. However, Jolly's lack of development and overall attitude is on him. So are the injuries he causes to people in the first few rows of the seats with his shots. That's on him too.

The players stopped playing for Crews in 2014. Those that know the players know this. The kids don't like him. Pretty good percentage of Majerus players would tell you the same. Players in 12 and 13 ignored him and called their own sets. Players last 2 years have not been established enough to do the same. Interesting that statistically Grandy is averaging 13.1 ppg and 6.8 rpg on a 12-2 Grand Canyon team (17 points and 7 boards against SIUE...hmmmmm), McBroom 18.5 ppg, 2.5 RPG, 3.3 APG and 43% on a 6-8 Eastern Washington team. Wonder how many of current players Crews has locked up their games. Get rid of this guy now

As sad as it sounds - you almost wish something like Motoy suggests should happen. It would force the hands of the administration for sure.

What is really amazing about what we are watching is that there is no way that the players are this bad. They simply are not gelling under Crews and his approach. This will not get better until you get rid of Crews. I am not saying we have big time players on the team but if they could at least play as a team it would be impossible that they wouldn't be better. Crews has to go and the sooner the better.