Methdale

Soderball

FWIW, McBroom had a career night as he scored 33 in a 96-86 Eastern Washington loss to Davidson. He was 12-19 from the floor, 5-9 arc and 4-4 stripe.

Also, Milwaukee beat Wiscy, breaking a 22 game losing streak to the Badgers.

FWIW, McBroom had a career night as he scored 33 in a 96-86 Eastern Washington loss to Davidson. He was 12-19 from the floor, 5-9 arc and 4-4 stripe.

good for him, must of studied tape from his 2 point game from last year vs Davidson.

Glaze also scored 20 points on 9-9 shooting the other night.

Or he's now in a system which maximizes his talents.

Here's a question: If a couples guys on last year's team were, rightfully, questioning how things were being done and the system they were playing, could they have possibly been mislabeled as "malcontents?"

No. Crews being bad and those former players being bad are not mutually exclusive.

No. Crews being bad and those former players being bad are not mutually exclusive.

I was not a big fan of either of those guys, but they are putting up numbers (McBroom is averaging 18.0 points on 45.6% shooting/89.3% from the line/39.1% from 3 and 3.6 assists to 1.8 TOs and Glaze is averaging 12.0 point on 58.3% shooting and 7.5 rebounds) in their new environments for teams currently comparable to SLU (Grand Canyon #181 in Pomeroy/#107 in RPI and Eastern Washington #195 in Pomeroy/#232 in RPI compared to SLU at #182 in Pomeroy/#223 in RPI), so I am not sure if the "bad" description is currently accurate. With our inability to score and rebound, it is hard to say we are better off without them.

East Wash....D+ team......D+ schedule

Grandy Canyon....C team....F- schedule (3rd worst in the nation)

These differences will be magnified once conference play begins....

A-10.......A- conf

Big Sky...D-...."

WAC.......D-...."

East Wash....D+ team......D+ schedule

Grandy Canyon....C team....F- schedule (3rd worst in the nation)

These differences will be magnified once conference play begins....

A-10.......A- conf

Big Sky...D-...."

WAC.......D-...."

I see what you did there. :D

What do you have us at currently?

The Bills are a C team....D+ schedule.............but as I pointed out above, a much tougher conference schedule than the other 2 teams....A- vs D-. Being a star in an D- conference is not the same as being a star in an A- conference.

The Bills are a C team....D+ schedule.............but as I pointed out above, a much tougher conference schedule than the other 2 teams....A- vs D-. Being a star in an D- conference is not the same as being a star in an A- conference.

For sure, I was just curious what you had us at. So with regards to McBroom, he is putting up really quality numbers for a team comparable to us against a comparable schedule to this point. Obviously once we get into conference play, our schedule will far surpass that of Eastern Washington which is where McBroom struggled as a Billiken.

I was not a big fan of either of those guys, but they are putting up numbers (McBroom is averaging 18.0 points on 45.6% shooting/89.3% from the line/39.1% from 3 and 3.6 assists to 1.8 TOs and Glaze is averaging 12.0 point on 58.3% shooting and 7.5 rebounds) in their new environments for teams currently comparable to SLU (Grand Canyon #181 in Pomeroy/#107 in RPI and Eastern Washington #195 in Pomeroy/#232 in RPI compared to SLU at #182 in Pomeroy/#223 in RPI), so I am not sure if the "bad" description is currently accurate. With our inability to score and rebound, it is hard to say we are better off without them.

"Bad" was meant to encompass more than numbers. Bad teammate, bad example, etc.

For sure, I was just curious what you had us at. So with regards to McBroom, he is putting up really quality numbers for a team comparable to us against a comparable schedule to this point. Obviously once we get into conference play, our schedule will far surpass that of Eastern Washington which is where McBroom struggled as a Billiken.

I would say weaker team and weaker schedule in the case of EW...but I would agree that McBroom struggled in conference play because the A-10 is a "big boy" conference. He won't have that issue in the BS conference.

And while Grandy Canyon seems comparable at this point (Bills & Lopes both C rated) they are not as I don't have enough data points on Grandy Canyon yet. Yes, I know they have played 7 games ( 8 with a non D1) but there schedule has been so weak there is a lack of info at this point. ( 3rd weakest schedule in D1) They have played only 1 real competitor... It is like Lville and the 7 dwarfs. In that 1 "like" game the Lopes lost by 48 pts (vs our 20 pt loss)...They hung with the Cards less than 5 min (Glaze 6pts) vs the Bills hanging with the Ville 25 min. Like McBroom , Glaze should see no fall off in conference play ...WAC= Weak Athletic Conference.

Bottomline...Big fish in small ponds