GDT: 12/2/15 — Morehead, less tail; wait, what?!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed his absence tonight, again, and was going to post about it until I became physically sickened by our play. If it hit me this hard, it probably debilitates him.

I was thinking about him tonight too. While I don't expect him to show up on a Wednesday night for Morehead state, I'd think in the past he'd be here for a Wichita State. We'll see soon I guess.

I noticed his absence tonight, again, and was going to post about it until I became physically sickened by our play. If it hit me this hard, it probably debilitates him.

Need to get him in. If he sees what's going on, he may either demand a change or request they take his name off the building. That mess they dropped on the floor tonight shouldn't be representative of ANYONE.

Could be. He was accused of being a troll last year and I'd say posting on here as a contrarian would be almost the definition of a troll.

Last year we looked like a grade school team. The group has show flashes this year. Wiz's breakdown of how the lousiville game was almost the same as our good team was dead on. I feel this group can and should be in every game the rest of the year. This was just a screwup game. If 6 weeks from now we have been blown off the floor a few more times I will be calling for Jimmy's head again.

Got home in time to put my kids to bed, so that's a plus.

The meatball sub sucked just as bad as the team tonight. You call that marinara sauce?

Last year we looked like a grade school team. The group has show flashes this year. Wiz's breakdown of how the lousiville game was almost the same as our good team was dead on. I feel this group can and should be in every game the rest of the year. This was just a screwup game. If 6 weeks from now we have been blown off the floor a few more times I will be calling for Jimmy's head again.

Enough with this "flashes" . Flashes don't win games. Fundamentals and talent win games. Don't take the ball up the floor selfishly and then turn it over without passing it once. Flashes don't mean . Every player can show "flashes." It's actually putting together AT LEAST 25-30 minutes of CONSISTENT EFFORT AND CONTRIBUTING that is what should be encouraging, not minutes of "flashiness"

I know I've been the eternal optimist on this board and predicted moderately good things for this team, but...

...tonight I wanted to see Crews fired at halftime. I became the belligerent fan shouting at the team, telling them how much they sucked. I sarcastically cheered Crews for calling timeouts. I sulked in my seat and drank my overpriced beer while seeing dozens of fans leave early (of those who even decided to show up).

I dealt with last season because I could see the talent in this team. I believed that this year would be different and Crews was just using last year as a learning experience. And early on this season, it looked like things were looking up. I even felt OK with the Louisville loss.

But this was a gut punch. I can honestly say this was the worst game I've attended as a season ticket holder. Almost nobody in the stands, and the team decided to also not show up. It was just sickening to experience.

And now we have 3 straight Saturday evening games this month? Hell, I can find better things to do with my weekends than watching this sh*t.

a FB post isn't going to do ######. Give out shirts, give incentives to go, send emails via SLU news link, do something better

My point exactly. Tonight had good incentive with giving away tickets to Wichita State, but most fair weather fans won't be out anytime soon. The only people coming are college basketball fans, which this school does not have enough of in my opinion.

a FB post isn't going to do ######. Give out shirts, give incentives to go, send emails via SLU news link, do something better

When my daughter was a freshman several years ago, she was incredibly excited to join the Slunatics, having gone to games with me since she was in grade school. She went to the day where all the student organizations try to get members, and at first couldn't even find them. When she did, she was completely underwhelmed by the lack of enthusiasm with which she was received.

That said, it's an organization of college kids and is by nature transient. If it's foundering, it's really the AD's (and the U's) job to make sure that it becomes top notch.

Rumor has it that Chaffetz was in New York having dinner with PJ Carlesimo

I doubt PJ Carlesimo is the answer for SLU hoops. As a non-sexy school with a need-a-bag-over-the-face basketball history (last 40 years), will need to pay a charismatic up-and-coming coach who can land some long and athletic players with b-ball skills and retain some good basketball strategists to accompany him.

That said, it's an organization of college kids and is by nature transient. If it's foundering, it's really the AD's (and the U's) job to make sure that it becomes top notch.

Then the school needs to recruit some kids interested in basketball nearly as much as getting a 4.0 while developing a culture in which basketball is "a thing."

School sprit is a joke. No tradition. Not even a SCHOOL FIGHT SONG?! Play "saints go marching in" like we invented it. Even steal the gator chomp for the student section, so pathetic. Been around since 1818? First school west of the Mississippi? You could have fooled me. NO TRADITION, no wonder there are ZERO serious fans outside this board