Changes in Branding for Athletics

I just prefer the more rounded lives instead of the straight lines. Another good thing though is it will be a lot easier to pirate and create your own wear with any "friendly" graphic designer you may know.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just prefer the more rounded lives instead of the straight lines. Another good thing though is it will be a lot easier to pirate and create your own wear with any "friendly" graphic designer you may know.

How so?

Love the font but not a fan of the new logo. Not better than the current one in my opinion. Not that Billikens exist or anything but i would say it looks nothing like pervious versions and is hard to compare them; a billiken is round and jolly, not a triangle

On that note, is there anywhere to get a good jersey from? Besides the bookstore.

Maybe I'm crazy and have a bad circle but my friends don't like it and my parents hate it. Personally I think it looks cheesey, not fierce or whatever they were going for. Sorry I have an opinion

It looks mischievous and that's what the Billiken is about. I'm glad it doesn't look fierce and it's definitely not cheesy

Maybe I'm crazy and have a bad circle but my friends don't like it and my parents hate it. Personally I think it looks cheesey, not fierce or whatever they were going for. Sorry I have an opinion

Just to avoid everyone making a big deal over nothing, was this the logo you saw?

I can see some people not liking it. Some people don't like change, and this is a change. I'm not thrilled about it, but it could have been a lot worse. I still think this won't be a big deal in a few weeks.

The silver lining that I've been trying to use in this is that outside of the hardcore fans, a lot of people think the Billiken in general is really weird and a bit creepy. With that in mind, SLU wasn't going to become a laughingstock over a new Billiken logo.

Just to avoid everyone making a big deal over nothing, was this the logo you saw?

I can see some people not liking it. Some people don't like change, and this is a change. I'm not thrilled about it, but it could have been a lot worse. I still think this won't be a big deal in a few weeks.

The silver lining that I've been trying to use in this is that outside of the hardcore fans, a lot of people think the Billiken in general is really weird and a bit creepy. With that in mind, SLU wasn't going to become a laughingstock over a new Billiken logo.

Yes what I saw and was within a box like the Bonnie's logo. I get people like it, I just do not care for it. Everyone has their own opinion, but to say I was wrong in my assessment is asinine

And some people like change just for change sake. This is not an improvement. I will agree with others that it is not terrible or as bad as possible but that is an awfully low bar.

It is REALLY sad when we are all happy that "it could have been worse" and "not as bad as people laughing at us".

I forgot to add that I am still glad I got my Vineyard vines Billiken tie in the in the smiling Billiken variety. Fierce Billiken doesn't go as well in professional wear.

Totally agree here.

Maybe it will get better as I get used to it, but right now it just strikes me as exceedingly boring and dull. I know people here are saying they see echos of previous Billiken faces in the grin, but I really don't see it. The past one might have gone overboard with the Suessiness/Grinchness, but this one just strikes me as very generically cartoon faceish. I agree it will probably look better in big form than small.

And some people like change just for change sake. This is not an improvement. I will agree with others that it is not terrible or as bad as possible but that is an awfully low bar.

It is REALLY sad when we are all happy that "it could have been worse" and "not as bad as people laughing at us".

Be that as it may, my past observations of the SLU athletic department in action have led me to set a very low bar. Any higher expectations would just cause me to be angry a lot.

New logo is slightly Meerkat-ish

Looked OK to me w/ the new script didn't look ok to me on the T-shirt. Add a lil' tilted crown to it and we got a winner.

If you do a quick survey of the prior 4 pages or so recording impressions of the new logo the following is obvious: Nobody hates it, and nobody loves it. This is what a rebranding is all about, arriving at a middle of the road compromise that improves from prior logos, etc... but upsets no one. The meek shall inherit the kingdom of heaven, amen.