mcbroom transfers

AMDG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be a good idea to avoid talking smack about Eastern Wash until we see what next year brings. They were a top 100 team with Harvey and didn't exactly embarrass themselves in the tournament.

I'll never stop talking smack on a regional school that took a SLU cast-off.

As of now, it might actually be a step up for McBroom. I am very surprised he ended up at a decent school so soon, but then again I was probably paying too much attention to the predictions on this board.

He's going to get the opportunity to play point guard, average 15 ppg against weaker competition and compete for a conference title. The slippery son of a gun couldn't have scripted this any better.

As of now, it might actually be a step up for McBroom. I am very surprised he ended up at a decent school so soon, but then again I was probably paying too much attention to the predictions on this board.

Get real. Decent is a loose term considering they had the nations leading scoring. I believe they're losing 4 of 5 starters, so I'm sure he will get plenty of playing time. However, I highly doubt he leads them back to the tournament.

He's going to get the opportunity to play point guard, average 15 ppg against weaker competition and compete for a conference title. The slippery son of a gun couldn't have scripted this any better.

This is a good point. McBroom showed himself to be a decent player in non-conference play each year. Was our leading scorer early this season. Maybe in the Big Sky, he could be a solid player all season long.

What's Chaney, WA like this time of year? Will he have to wear a shirt? Are there a lot of hoochies? Will his boy Blake follow? If he doesn't Vine himself boarding the plane, did he actually leave St. Louis?

sources tell me they believe that was a major factor in him going there.

E Washington is not bad, and aren't going to be bad. Tyler Harvey was far from being the whole team.

Venky Jois returning, and Bogdan Bliznyuk is going to break out. Von Hofe will be ok. Losing Harvey, Parker Kelly and Drew Brandon is going to hurt big time, but with that front court, they could still make noise in their conference. Probably not the same ('potentially') giant killing team they were this year with the 3 ball with out those guys though.

That being said, McB made a good choice in my opinion, tons of playing time available.

In terms of wanting success with that 5th year, getting back to the big dance isn't impossible for E Washington. Sac St losing their back court too, Montana another year removed from coach Tinkle, and will rely on fmr Billiken target Breunig a lot. NAU will be very young. Weber St should improve with Bolomboy as a sr, but have a ways to go. If E Washington can get that backcourt to gel, they might have a shot in the Big Sky (maybe not, just talking out my ...)

EWU is a lot like Gonzaga in that it is a school in Washington.

We'll see if they completely fall apart next year, though it'd be real hard to tell if it was due to personalities.