Manning sighting?

shempie

No, and neither is Manning's playing time but it happens anyway. Dude may have a future career in boxing after the way he mauled that German

+100. Good one! We will see them at the Fetz soon enough.

It's been a white guy since Polk left, if I am remembering correctly. Its either Crawford or Jolly.

Going back to the Sodie days we had Newborne & Justin Johnson. The Vashon Newborne whipping boy exchange was hilarious when his sister got on to defend him.

I don't recall Remekun getting much whipping boy exchange. I think it was we all thought he should been red-shirted a year but because of the 'situation' that did not occur. Felt sorry for him and, if you ever met him which I have, he is really a nice guy. Also, each year at least we saw a little improvement, so he got a pass.

I don't recall CR getting a lot of heat on here. Not necessarily in chronological order some of our more notable whipping boys; the aforementioned Vashon, not so much Johnson since he didn't get a lot of minutes, Drew Diener took some lumps for slow release, Polk for sure, Jake B, Husak, Kyle C for not taking wide open looks, Manning. To qualify as a whipping boy, the player would have to be a starter or a regular in the rotation. How can you whip up on someone who rarely plays? A whipping boy is a guy who gets valuable minutes but makes us wonder why he's getting them. I'm sure I'm missing a few here.

Kind of before my Board time, but what about our good Christian Salecich. Whipped? He got plenty of floor time with minimal results.

I don't recall CS getting the whipping boy treatment either. I think its like Lancona today, CS had plenty minutes but all those were at the start of 2010-1 season. When it became evident Christian lost his shot, Majerus reduced his minutes. As Larry (SLU72) said, you have to have certain amount minutes or start to be considered a 'whipping boy'. KC pretty much had the honor that year. Especially when he was wide open with the ball with 5 seconds left on the shot clock and he pass the ball.