Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

50 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Is that a new name? 

Steve is it possible to "pin" Pistol's list to the first page of this thread? Perhaps that's already happening and I'm just an idiot. 

I've seen SLU and his name mentioned together before. 247 lists him as a class 2017, but I've seen him listed as a 2018 too. Plays high school at The Patrick School with Kentucky commit Nick Richards. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, FromDaEastSide said:

I thought they were at the City of Palms for Tilmon to scoop him up after Groce gets canned. ?

Unfortunately after the upcoming Illini beat down of Mizzou in the "Beggers Right" game, Groce will be 10-3. Even a sub .500 Big Ten record of 8-10 would give him an 18-13 record and likely save his job. He would have to really tank the conference to get canned. 

On December 12, 2016 at 2:05 PM, billiCAN said:

Saturday December 17th at Webster/Midwest Showdown

Game 1 @ 1pm
Soldan, MO              vs    MICDS, MO

Game 2 @ 2:30pm
Cardinal Ritter, MO      vs    Whites Creek, TN

Game 3 @ 4pm
Whitfield, MO            vs    Memphis W.E.B. Dubois

Game 4 @ 5:30pm
CBC, MO                 vs      Chicago North Lawndale

Game 5 @ 7pm
Webster Groves, MO       vs           Chicago Uplift

Game 6 @ 8:30pm
Vashon, MO              vs    Chicago Thornton

#goseethekidsplay

Ford and staff went straight from the SIU-E game to Webster.  Ford watched Webster play and Corey Tate stuck around for the Vashon game as well. 

9 hours ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Ford and staff went straight from the SIU-E game to Webster.  Ford watched Webster play and Corey Tate stuck around for the Vashon game as well. 

Is Ford recruiting someone else on Webster (like Ramey) or is he just being seen to make sure he keeps Gordon in the fold?

48 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Is Ford recruiting someone else on Webster (like Ramey) or is he just being seen to make sure he keeps Gordon in the fold?

Webster has a guard who will be a 3* if not higher in a year.  averaged 30+ per last year at Affton, but I bet Ford went for Ramey.

Id have to think as long as a uncommitted 4* in your backyard is playing, you have to show up regardless of your chances to land him.  

Interesting note, and I dont think it will effect Ramey in the long run, Ramey had his worst game when Pitino was in the house. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Webster has a guard who will be a 3* if not higher in a year.  averaged 30+ per last year at Affton, but I bet Ford went for Ramey.

Id have to think as long as a uncommitted 4* in your backyard is playing, you have to show up regardless of your chances to land him.  

Interesting note, and I dont think it will effect Ramey in the long run, Ramey had his worst game when Pitino was in the house. 

Who is it?

Is Potts being recruited by anyone?

15 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Who is it?

Is Potts being recruited by anyone?

Isiah Ford.  Not sure if he has to sit out this year now thinking about it. 

Potts is d2/d3, unfortunately for him, Crews isn't a coach anymore or he may have been headed d1

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Isiah Ford is no 3 star recruit. No way. He averaged 24 points a game last year for Affton. He is not even a D1 kid in anyones eyes. Where did you get that crazy info. 

I do agree about Potts being D2/D3 level and he is better than Ford. 

Mario Mckinney also played right after the WG game so im sure they were there also to watch him. 

Ramey played out of his mind in the game saturday and has been great all year thus far. Wish we could have gotten him but everyone has him locked for Louisville. 

3 hours ago, runandshoot said:

Isiah Ford is no 3 star recruit. No way. He averaged 24 points a game last year for Affton. He is not even a D1 kid in anyones eyes. Where did you get that crazy info. 

I do agree about Potts being D2/D3 level and he is better than Ford. 

Mario Mckinney also played right after the WG game so im sure they were there also to watch him. 

Ramey played out of his mind in the game saturday and has been great all year thus far. Wish we could have gotten him but everyone has him locked for Louisville. 

Ramey is definitely not a lock for Louisville.  He is no where close to committing to anywhere.  Potts can go to any D2 he wants or may end up with a low D1 offer.  Ford is not D1.  McKinney wasn't overly impressive for Vashon Saturday night but man did their team look good.  

3 hours ago, runandshoot said:

Ya I just saw he was a senior.  Someone had told me he was a freshman last year who averaged a ton.  Knowing he is a senior obviously changes things. 

2018 offer list has been updated on page 3 of this thread; that's unfortunately the first page I posted on.

The interest list is in progress; might be tomorrow before I get it all the way updated.

Same notes as for the 2017 list: the format and content are a work in progress, and I appreciate any feedback and recruiting tips.

Just now, Pistol said:

2018 offer list has been updated on page 3 of this thread; that's unfortunately the first page I posted on.

The interest list is in progress; might be tomorrow before I get it all the way updated.

Same notes as for the 2017 list: the format and content are a work in progress, and I appreciate any feedback and recruiting tips.

I have split out your updated posts into their own thread pinned to the top:

I can't split out the 2019 thread's first post, though, so if you could copy it and add it to the new thread, that would be great.

I think it's a better way to consolidate that information than to have everyone reading the latest posts in the threads of the individual years and then searching for the first (or third) page.  Posters can still reply in the 2017, 2018, and 2019 threads.  No one has started a thread for 2020 -- the year of perfect vision -- yet?

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

If it can't be posted on the first page then it kind of defeats the purpose, no? New people viewing the lastest posts won't know where it's located. Personally, I would like it to be posted on the initial pages and continually on other pages so we can see the progression and conversation can take place around that.

Also, thanks for your continued work on this.