Austin McBroom

TRN

So now McBroom got this guy off the streets? Did you even read that email? They had been working to get him in a group home for months.

No I did not read the email. I had just assumed that the attention his video was getting drew attention to the man and in turn got him off the street. In my defense I could not access the link because twitter is blocked at my school.

So he can't have an opinion that differs from yours?

No, absolutely not what I said. A world without differing opinions would be completely mundane and pointless. What I said is that having a particular stance on the matter is your right, but that one just happened to be wrong.

ahhhh the off-season, where d1 players get dwi's and possession charges, but we have a serious case of did Austin go to far with helping a homeless man.

Regardless if Austin made that video to boost his viewers, its still 100000x better then what we've probably done in a while, well atleast me.

That's one way I'd like to look at it, and another thought I had is what if Austin saw that video and was inspired to pay it forward, and since he was so inspired by the original one he thought he'd return the favor? Frankly I lost some respect for Cody and Dwayne... stand by your teammates, even if you don't agree with what they do you don't go public about it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I did not read the email. I had just assumed that the attention his video was getting drew attention to the man and in turn got him off the street. In my defense I could not access the link because twitter is blocked at my school.

No, absolutely not what I said. A world without differing opinions would be completely mundane and pointless. What I said is that having a particular stance on the matter is your right, but that one just happened to be wrong.

That's one way I'd like to look at it, and another thought I had is what if Austin saw that video and was inspired to pay it forward, and since he was so inspired by the original one he thought he'd return the favor? Frankly I lost some respect for Cody and Dwayne... stand by your teammates, even if you don't agree with what they do you don't go public about it.

And you still don't get it.

And here I was thinking team chemistry was one of our strong suits.. No wonder we crumbled down the stretch.

& that's a knock on no one/nor what you think about AMs motives here.. Subtweeting (ex)teammates on Twitter not the greatest look for anyone.

Agreed...I still think the question of Twitter etiquette/manners should be secondary here, but I have more of a problem with slamming former teammates publicly than with retweeting others' praise for yourself.

Would you have more respect for Dwayne if he video taped all of the good things he does in the community and posted them on YouTube?

You're clueless

And here I was thinking team chemistry was one of our strong suits.. No wonder we crumbled down the stretch.

& that's a knock on no one/nor what you think about AMs motives here.. Subtweeting (ex)teammates on Twitter not the greatest look for anyone.

Dwayne and Cody with some pretty dumb tweets.

How did we get 6 pages into this thread and nary a mention of Immanuel Kant's Categorical Imperative? Seriously we just apply the maxim to McBroom's act and bam case closed.

Oh you kids and your twitters.

Look I tend to like Austin McBroom as a player and I'm glad he's a Billiken and I thought the thing he did for Michael was awesome but his actions post video just rubbed me the wrong way.

Makes sense. He seems like a good kid. At least this thread isn't about him getting arrested.

Cody and Dwayne's tweets were unnecessary, if Dwayne wants to call out Austin he should talk to him in person. This is why every public figure/athlete should stay as far away from twitter as possible. It causes nothing but controversy and conflict.

Funny how an act of kindness can turn into a big conflict all because of the internet and social media...

Dwayne and Cody should not have tweeted anything negative even if they thought his motives were wrong. I can't believe anyone thinks it was ok. I don't know his actions post deed besides the video so I'm not sure what 05 is talking about. What I liked was they didn't just buy him some items, they hung out with him for the day and treated him like their friend. They weren't going to change his life, just make 1day better. I'm iffy on AM as a player, but high on him as a person.

Can't believe thread is 6 pages and counting long. Just about any act that anyone does daily can be interpreted as good or bad. It all comes down to whom is talking about it and their life experience. The kids did what they did for a guy on the street. It's a new day life goes on.

Makes sense. He seems like a good kid. At least this thread isn't about him getting arrested.

Folks should take a look at the SPUMAC board for a little perspective. They're talking police investigations, restraining orders, domestic violence, robbery, car chases and a coach losing control of the program. Here, a kid does something nice for a homeless guy, but he may or may not have done it for the right reasons and he may be taking too much credit for it. The contrast is funny.

Would you have more respect for Dwayne if he video taped all of the good things he does in the community and posted them on YouTube?

You're clueless

I think the question is has Dwayne EVER done something of the sort? Attention was meant to be drawn to this because the whole case really helps separate us from our I-70 counterpart during our fight for media coverage and fan-support. Literally nothing bad would have come from this if you all wouldn't have found a reason to speculate over the situation.

How do you know that Dwayne didn't talk to him in person?

Maybe he did... but taking matters to Twitter and bashing him behind his back was definitely not the way to go. Looks bad on the team and the coaching staff. What if he sways the opinions of others that are still on the team? Can we really afford the team breaking apart over the course of next season? NO. No no no no no no no we absolutely can not.