Austin McBroom

TRN

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got texts today from several people who aren't SLU fans, but saw the McBroom stuff online (and maybe on TV?) and thought it was really cool. So I'd say that proves ABAS right on his main point here.

I do enjoy when I'm proven right. Should I retweet this? (lolz) But to add to this I've showed this video to about 150 people. My religion teacher took it and taught an entire class from it, and she has every student in the senior class. Are my motives in question too?

Are we now questioning AM's motive for the video. Pls wake me when you figure out what it is. Good deed and motives do not matter.

I think that's been the main issue the whole time. Unrightfully so, but nonetheless.

Clearly, him and his buddy were doing this to try and score some points with the q.t.'s to hopefully increase their odds of crushing that TANG. Big whoop.

Well it was a damn good way to go about it. And if you follow AM on any social networks, I would say he doesn't need ANY, I repeat, ANY HELP AT ALL with crushing that "TANG".

AM posted a photo of an email he recieved from a social worker (and fellow SLU grad) who works for Places for People, and also knows the homeless man. Appears he just got approved to move into a group home after 2 years on the streets. Cool stuff: http://twitter.com/AustinMcbroom/status/453704948455202816/photo/1

This is not uncommonly what happens. If you want to bring some benefit to someone (in this case the homeless person) you need to make his issues known in public. Oftentimes someone steps in and carries the good you have done a bit further. To criticise AM for publicizing what he did is a myopic take on the whole issue and the ways to help the homeless person involved. Those who criticise AM for posting his video show a lack of concern about what happens to the homeless guy and should rightfully be criticised for this.

This is not uncommonly what happens. If you want to bring some benefit to someone (in this case the homeless person) you need to make his issues known in public. Oftentimes someone steps in and carries the good you have done a bit further. To criticise AM for publicizing what he did is a myopic take on the whole issue and the ways to help the homeless person involved. Those who criticise AM for posting his video show a lack of concern about what happens to the homeless guy and should rightfully be criticised for this.

Completely disagree.

the good news is that nobody criticized mcbroom for posting the video. just his possible reasons for posting the video.

Completely disagree.

That's your right, but you're wrong. Just wrong.

the good news is that nobody criticized mcbroom for posting the video. just his possible reasons for posting the video.

Tomayto, tomahto. If you were to get married to Jennifer Aniston tomorrow, would you not want to publicize it? He took pride in something he did, inspired others to do good deeds, AND GOT THE MAN OFF OF THE STREETS FOR CHRIST SAKE. Lock the thread, stop it.

That's your right, but you're wrong. Just wrong.

Tomayto, tomahto. If you were to get married to Jennifer Aniston tomorrow, would you not want to publicize it? He took pride in something he did, inspired others to do good deeds, AND GOT THE MAN OFF OF THE STREETS FOR CHRIST SAKE. Lock the thread, stop it.

So now McBroom got this guy off the streets? Did you even read that email? They had been working to get him in a group home for months.

So now McBroom got this guy off the streets? Did you even read that email? They have been working to get him in a group home for months.

The video reminded me of a similar video I saw awhile back.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/31/homeless-man-makeover_n_3678413.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/04/extreme-homeless-man-makeover-part-two-_n_4212697.html

ahhhh the off-season, where d1 players get dwi's and possession charges, but we have a serious case of did Austin go to far with helping a homeless man.

Regardless if Austin made that video to boost his viewers, its still 100000x better then what we've probably done in a while, well atleast me.

I've actually seen this before. But what's your point?

I did not really have a point, just pointing out that they are not the first to pick up a homeless man, buy him food, get him a haircut and new clothes and then put the video on the internet.

I did not really have a point, just pointing out that they are not the first to pick up a homeless man, buy him food, get him a haircut and new clothes and then put the video on the internet.

Sorry, for some reason I thought you said something else in your other post. My bad

If I knew how to embed a tweet via mobile I'd put McBroom's last tweet on here

This one?

@AustinMcbroom: Hi hater ?

By hater ✌️

Or this one:

@AustinMcbroom: I sometimes let my pride get in the way....