Austin McBroom

TRN

I'm almost positive he did, but the tweets were still unnecessary. I personally despise twitter because it allows people to say things that they would almost never say face to face with someone. But that's just me.

While I agree with you, what makes you "almost positive"? Do you have inside sources?

But personally, in my near 9 thousand tweets I bet there are less than 50 that I wouldn't have said face-to-face with someone. But, again, that's just me.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the question is has Dwayne EVER done something of the sort? Attention was meant to be drawn to this because the whole case really helps separate us from our I-70 counterpart during our fight for media coverage and fan-support. Literally nothing bad would have come from this if you all wouldn't have found a reason to speculate over the situation.

Maybe I don't understand what you're saying but Dwayne went on an Athletes in Action trip to the Ivory Coast this summer. Basically he played basketball against teams there with other college athletes and did a ton of community service in really poor areas down there. So yes. He's done a ton.

McBroom doing that for Mike is awesome. Making a video and getting the publicity for SLU and SLU Basketball is awesome. But promoting yourself isn't that great. That's why I love all the media attention it's getting. "SLU Hoops Star Does Great Deed for the Homeless". I love that. I don't love, "Look what McBroom did" and then have McBroom retweet it.

Trust me. I think there is a ton of good in this situation. I really like all of our players and they are all clearly involved in the community. I just think (and his own teammates agree) that it's coming across as promoting yourself.

I'm almost positive he did, but the tweets were still unnecessary. I personally despise twitter because it allows people to say things that they would almost never say face to face with someone. But that's just me.

Agree 100%.

Did Dwayne or Cody need to tweet that? No. But we don't know the full story here. What if one of or both of those guys have had problems with McBroom this whole time and they finally just snapped? They're college kids after all. You know how it is. Sometimes you just snap and can't contain themselves.

I doubt this is the case, but I wouldn't be too critical of them either.

I think the question is has Dwayne EVER done something of the sort? Attention was meant to be drawn to this because the whole case really helps separate us from our I-70 counterpart during our fight for media coverage and fan-support. Literally nothing bad would have come from this if you all wouldn't have found a reason to speculate over the situation.

Maybe he did... but taking matters to Twitter and bashing him behind his back was definitely not the way to go. Looks bad on the team and the coaching staff. What if he sways the opinions of others that are still on the team? Can we really afford the team breaking apart over the course of next season? NO. No no no no no no no we absolutely can not.

This is the last post I'll make on this, but I know for a fact Dwayne has done way more for our community than Austin has, or ever will do.

Dwayne and Cody probably shouldn't have tweeted what they did but I think their tweets speak volumes about the situation and about the motives behind all of this. People who know Austin think he had alternative motives. That's very telling IMO

I'll say it again, you are clueless abas.

Folks should take a look at the SPUMAC board for a little perspective. They're talking police investigations, restraining orders, domestic violence, robbery, car chases and a coach losing control of the program. Here, a kid does something nice for a homeless guy, but he may or may not have done it for the right reasons and he may be taking too much credit for it. The contrast is funny.

At SPUMAC, they would've set the guy on fire.

This is the last post I'll make on this, but I know for a fact Dwayne has done way more for our community than Austin has, or ever will do.

Dwayne and Cody probably shouldn't have tweeted what they did but I think their tweets speak volumes about the situation and about the motives behind all of this. People who know Austin think he had alternative motives. That's very telling IMO

I'll say it again, you are clueless abas.

Not to continue the argument, but who really cares?

Does anyone really care if Austin McBroom is a massive dick head or anyone else on the team for that matter? As a fan all I care about is that he doesn't do anything to embarrass the University (which he clearly has not done in this situation), stays eligible, and gives maximum effort on the court. I don't expect athletes to be great people or to be guys I would "like" and honestly I am more surprised when an athlete is also a good person with high character.

Not to continue the argument, but who really cares?

Does anyone really care if Austin McBroom is a massive dick head or anyone else on the team for that matter? As a fan all I care about is that he doesn't do anything to embarrass the University (which he clearly has not done in this situation), stays eligible, and gives maximum effort on the court. I don't expect athletes to be great people or to be guys I would "like" and honestly I am more surprised when an athlete is also a good person with high character.

I care about how everyone is as a teammate. Not saying at all that McBroom is a bad teammate. More trying to say that I don't really care what these guys are doing as long as they aren't getting in trouble and as long as they're a good teammate and they don't bring the team down in any way.

I care about how everyone is as a teammate. Not saying at all that McBroom is a bad teammate. More trying to say that I don't really care what these guys are doing as long as they aren't getting in trouble and as long as they're a good teammate and they don't bring the team down in any way.

In other words, don't be Mizzou.

Let's just wrap this thread up and appreciate the kind of guys we have in our program. Regardless of what Austin's motives were, it doesn't matter because we can never truly know. Seeing the way Austin interacted with little kids before and after games last season showed me what kind of guy he is. He wasn't drawing any attention to himself then. He's a great guy with a great attitude, I couldn't ask for more from our basketball players.

Let's just wrap this thread up and appreciate the kind of guys we have in our program. Regardless of what Austin's motives were, it doesn't matter because we can never truly know. Seeing the way Austin interacted with little kids before and after games last season showed me what kind of guy he is. He wasn't drawing any attention to himself then. He's a great guy with a great attitude, I couldn't ask for more from our basketball players.

What you say makes a lot of sense, but I have to question your motives for posting it.

I gave a homeless man a 40 of OE today.

It seemed to really brighten his day. Just thought I would let you all know.

And did you provide him with this 40 just to look like a hero? I don't know if I approve. You're actually a conceited pride-hog.

Agree 100%.

Did Dwayne or Cody need to tweet that? No. But we don't know the full story here. What if one of or both of those guys have had problems with McBroom this whole time and they finally just snapped? They're college kids after all. You know how it is. Sometimes you just snap and can't contain themselves.

I doubt this is the case, but I wouldn't be too critical of them either.

At SLU a player "snapping" at a teammate means sending a slightly testy tweet. At SPUMAC it means getting in your car and trying to kill your teammate by ramming his car and running him off the road.

At SLU a player "snapping" at a teammate means sending a slightly testy tweet. At SPUMAC it means getting in your car and trying to kill your teammate by ramming his car and running him off the road.

That about sums up the difference between the two schools.

That, and Boone County Correctional Center's new uniforms with vertical stripes and 5 digit numbers.

Said the guy who argued against gay marriage with me once upon a time. Have you gotten less judgmental or evolved since then?????

I happen to agree with you on this but your righteous tone got to me.......

bull****! This is probably the first time I have even responded to you in close to ten years. I used to have you on ignore because of your self-righteous BS and I just didn't want to deal with you. You always seem to want to pick a fight. Just put me on ignore and I will put you back on ignore. Thank you.

P.S. it was a factual statement by any measure of the word.