GDT Vs Mason

UpperdeckKid

I wouldn't say we are definitely going to be out, but it would be a big challenge. I doubt kshoe would say we are definitely out against a team like Kentucky/UCLA, either. I can't wait for Selection Sunday. Dying to see how this all shakes out.

There are no definites in sports. Heck, Boston college can win at Syracuse on any given night.

But I'm hoping our draw isn't against an ultra athletic team in the dance...

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which really athletic teams besides vcu and gm have we played this year? I really can't think of any. Certainly none on the level of Kentucky or Michigan or ucla or Louisville which are all candidates for a second round match up.

I would not put VCU and George Mason on the same level as those other teams you mentioned. WSU is not unathletic - I know we lost but we should have won. Vandy is athletic. If you are saying that we will have trouble with KY and MI and UCLA or Louisville then I can not disagree - I may not be willing to put the white flag up though.

Is it too late to at least put a zone defense into the defensive arsenal, for use at various times against athletic dribble drive teams? Perhaps it is too late in the season. But how hard would it be to at least have a zone option?

Otherwise, I don't know what else to do. I've heard the coaches serving as game analysts say that the dribble drive is what beats SLU's man to man defense.

Speaking of the zone. Again GM showed why their coach sucks. Going MTM with 10 minutes to go and letting Jett own them was just stupid. Hewitt should be fired immediately. Jett did his usual thing, but he was ineffective against the zone. GM sucks in many ways, but their coach leads the charge. A T foul with the game in doubt?? Glad to see you pull it out. Anything we both do good helps our cause. Without Rob's heroics you guys were going down tonite, but he showed that he's a baller yet again. Kudos!!! He's the difference late in the season. We all know JJ is gonna get his. Would like to see him show up in the 1st half. He could score 40. I hate GMU and was very happy to see SLU pull this one out of the fire.

A win is a win. Syracuse couldn't even get the job done at home tonight against Boston College...

Yes, there is a clear problem with playing athletic teams like GM or Oregon, but there is no doubt in my mind that Crews and the staff will find the secret to shutting those teams down come tourney time.

The important thing is that when faced with adverse situations (which can take place on any given day in the beast that is college basketball), these seniors find a way to win the game. That will be incredibly valuable to making a deep tourney run next month.

I would not put VCU and George Mason on the same level as those other teams you mentioned. WSU is not unathletic - I know we lost but we should have won. Vandy is athletic. If you are saying that we will have trouble with KY and MI and UCLA or Louisville then I can not disagree - I may not be willing to put the white flag up though.

Agree that VCU and GM are no where near those teams and that is the point. We've really struggled against those two, what is it going to be like if we play one of the ultra athletic teams?

I've always thought the comments about the tourney being about match ups is just a bunch of crap but I can tell you I really hope our 2nd round matchup isn't against an ultra athletic team but rather is against teams like Texas, Iowa, creighton, etc.

no white flags anywhere, just trying to improve our odds.

And all Billiken fans worldwide thank Hewitt and the zebra for that T.

I dunno. After the T is was incredibly predictable but GM got the next 3 or 4 50/50 calls. If the refs hadn't called the T maybe they don't make those bs calls and it all evens out.

Although I agree that deep tournament runs are all that matter, I think they are somewhat cheapened if the path is considered less than of maximum difficulty.

The drought of tournament games in the 2000s makes me want a Sweet 16 from this squad - and I could care less how we get there.

Although I agree that deep tournament runs are all that matter "all that matter", I think they are somewhat cheapened if the path is considered less than of maximum difficulty.

Seriously? I don't think anybody remembers how difficult the path was, they just remember how far you go.

I dont even think they'll lose these games anymore. I have complete faith that they're going to pull out the win and my only disappointment is that the game I am watching is so close. 2002 me can imagine how great this is.