GDT Vs Mason

UpperdeckKid

SLU may not be as athletic as a lot of major conference teams, but they aren't P.E. at summer fat camp, either. I personally think the athleticism point is being overstated. SLU has beaten and lost to athletic teams. Athleticism is not our kryptonite.

Your avatar is my kryptonite. I'm going to have nightmares.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much. From last year:

Auburn Hills: 3 Michigan St and 4 Michigan

Lexington: 1 Louisville and 3 Marquette

Salt Lake City: 1 Gonzaga and 3 New Mexico

San Jose: 4 SLU and 4 Syracuse

Dayton: 1 Indiana and 2 Ohio St

Austin: 3 Florida and 2 Miami

KC: 1 Kansas and 4 K-State

Philly: 2 Duke and 2 Georgetown

We'll probably always get the shaft on locations since we'll never draw as many fans as a big public school.

And here is how this year stacks up (using Lunardi's most recent):

Buffalo: 1 Syracuse and 3 Villanova

St. Louis: 2 Kansas and 1 Wichita St.

Milwaukee: 3 Wisconsin and 2 Michigan St.

Orlando: 1 Florida and 4 Michigan

Raleigh: 2 Duke and 3 Virginia

San Antonio: 3 Creighton and 4 Cinci

San Diego: 1 Arizona and 4 SLU (San Diego St. is hosting so they can't go there)

Spokane: 2 San Diego St. and 4 Iowa St.

Basically all of the 4 seeds are sent to far away places. Everyone else generally makes sense.

And here is how this year stacks up (using Lunardi's most recent):

Buffalo: 1 Syracuse and 3 Villanova

St. Louis: 2 Kansas and 1 Wichita St.

Milwaukee: 3 Wisconsin and 2 Michigan St.

Orlando: 1 Florida and 4 Michigan

Raleigh: 2 Duke and 3 Virginia

San Antonio: 3 Creighton and 4 Cinci

San Diego: 1 Arizona and 4 SLU (San Diego St. is hosting so they can't go there)

Spokane: 2 San Diego St. and 4 Iowa St.

Basically all of the 4 seeds are sent to far away places. Everyone else generally makes sense.

What do you get for 'hosting'? Why would anyone host if it means you can't play near home? If it's your 'home floor' then I get it, as you can't play there anyway.

SLU should have hosted in Spokane just so we couldn't be sent there!

JC and staff know we're going to need more depth on the inside down the road, hence TL getting minutes last night. Why not against VCU? Different style. You need quick good ball handlers against them. Right now, TL looks like a better option than GG, who looks lost out there lately.

I couldnt agree more about TL getting more playing time instead of Glaze. Someone said a page or two back in this thread that GG's mistakes were down! WWWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttt?????????????? Did that poster happen to see the game we are talking about in this thread? What did GG play in this game? 6 minutes or something like that and what did his line look like? A bunch of zeros with a big 5 in the PF column! TL was a little slow on one close out at the top of the key, but other than that I saw some pretty good D from him and he certainly is more of an offensive threat than Glaze-but then I'm more of an offensive threat than Glaze and at I don't have hands of steel.

I couldnt agree more about TL getting more playing time instead of Glaze. Someone said a page or two back in this thread that GG's mistakes were down! WWWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttt?????????????? Did that poster happen to see the game we are talking about in this thread? What did GG play in this game? 6 minutes or something like that and what did his line look like? A bunch of zeros with a big 5 in the PF column! TL was a little slow on one close out at the top of the key, but other than that I saw some pretty good D from him and he certainly is more of an offensive threat than Glaze-but then I'm more of an offensive threat than Glaze and at I don't have hands of steel.

Tanner was very late on the one 3 point close out, but was also late on at least 4 other defensive help rotations, but I felt much more secure with him in there as opposed to Grandy. After all he is a far better offensive option

What do you get for 'hosting'? Why would anyone host if it means you can't play near home? If it's your 'home floor' then I get it, as you can't play there anyway.

SLU should have hosted in Spokane just so we couldn't be sent there!

I don't know what you get for hosting, but San Diego St is hosting on their home floor at Viejas Arena. The NCAAs are 2nd/3rd rd and Regionals are assigned out a few years in advanced, so I don't think San Diego St would of thought that they would of been a top 10 team this year.

Hopefully, the NCAA sends San Diego St to Spokane since that would only leave one spot open there. We all know that Arizona is going to San Diego

I thought TL looked fine out there for the time he played. He even made one and missed one at the FT line. Just like the regulars. He did commit 3 fouls in 14 minutes but GG had 5 fouls in 6 bleeping minutes! How is that even possible?

Tanner's defense was shaky and he had an awful cross court pass turnover.

I don't know what you get for hosting, but San Diego St is hosting on their home floor at Viejas Arena. The NCAAs are 2nd/3rd rd and Regionals are assigned out a few years in advanced, so I don't think San Diego St would of thought that they would of been a top 10 team this year.

Hopefully, the NCAA sends San Diego St to Spokane since that would only leave one spot open there. We all know that Arizona is going to San Diego

You and the wife going this year? I plan on travelling wherever but I'm planning on the west coast being the destination and hoping for anything but.

Seeds and locations?

We can't overanalyze and quibble like old ladies about our seed hopes and the location of our opening rounds until March 9 or even later.

Again, the last 3 games of the regular season are going to be a b*tch, we might have The A-10 clinched and all three opponents might be playing for byes or better seeding or NCAA berths, and two are on the road.

Then The A-10 Tournament.

Then we shall see.

Look, the refs were not an issue in the game - they may not have been great but they were fair to both sides - look at the foul shots - both teams were close - they hit theirs and we did not.

I agree wholeheartedly! The point is that we can't count on that happening ever again. We need to be coasting to a five point win at that point not counting on the zebras to be fair.

Pretty much. From last year:

Auburn Hills: 3 Michigan St and 4 Michigan

Lexington: 1 Louisville and 3 Marquette

Salt Lake City: 1 Gonzaga and 3 New Mexico

San Jose: 4 SLU and 4 Syracuse

Dayton: 1 Indiana and 2 Ohio St

Austin: 3 Florida and 2 Miami

KC: 1 Kansas and 4 K-State

Philly: 2 Duke and 2 Georgetown

We'll probably always get the shaft on locations since we'll never draw as many fans as a big public school.

Interesting that Detroit is about 2 hours closer to Milwaukee than Lexington is, and yet #3 Marquette goes to Lexington and #4 Michigan gets to stay home (basically)

I noticed earlier in this thread that there were complaints about how this year's team isn't blowing out opponents like last year's. I thought it might be a good idea to look at the stats and see if that is true.

Last year's avg points for: 68.2

Avg points against: 58.2

Difference: +10

This year's avg points for: 71.3

Avg points against: 59.9

Difference: +12.4

Double-digit wins last year (thru 26 games): 16

Double-digit wins this year: 13

It seems like last year, we had three more 'blowout' wins at this time, but also three more losses. That probably explains why the margin of victory is higher so far this season than last year. When you only lose two games by a combined 11 points, it will definitely help out the overall MOV.

In the end, I guess I'd rather take the fewer losses, closer victories and no embarrassing losses (Santa Clara, URI) to the higher number of losses but the slightly higher number of blowout wins.

I think the difference is the team dominated in the "big" games. We crushed Butler and VCU here, whereas we're much closer in these big games this year.

Personally, I think there's a lot more to be learned from learning how to close out a game, how to make a play when everything is on the line compared to winning by 15 and throwing the walk-ons in.