GDT VS Gimmick

UpperdeckKid

How many top 50 wins? Go to Philly and you always get a brutal difficult game. You guys know that as well as anyone.

The last three times we've gone to Philly for the SJU-LaSalle doubleheader we've swept. We're 9-0 on the road this year. Scoreboard. Your teams' performance at Hawk Hill was embarrassing; I watched hoping for better but didn't get it.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Lord, just read this whole thread, there is almost as large a number of posts slinging mud at one another after the game than there are posts during the game. I would like to add my two cents. I was at the game and fully agree with the curious selective blindness condition that affected the refs in the calls during the game. This said, I want to emphasize only three points: 1. We won. 2. We forced VCU to play at our tempo. 3. We won despite fairly poor shooting.

Now my conclusion, only a great team gets over the obstacles posed by these conditions and wins a game.

The last three times we've gone to Philly for the SJU-LaSalle doubleheader we've swept. We're 9-0 on the road this year. Scoreboard. Your teams' performance at Hawk Hill was embarrassing; I watched hoping for better but didn't get it.

I say again, how many top 50 RPI wins???? Answer the question for me. Or do I need to tell you? Your preseason schedule was lame and you lost the two that mattered. Now, how many top 50 wins? OK, I'll help you out. You just got your first one yesterday in your 25th game. You guys really need to get more in the loop and educated about NCAA BB and why top 50 wins are so important. You maybe have 2 more chances to get another.

Holy Lord, just read this whole thread, there is almost as large a number of posts slinging mud at one another after the game than there are posts during the game. I would like to add my two cents. I was at the game and fully agree with the curious selective blindness condition that affected the refs in the calls during the game. This said, I want to emphasize only three points: 1. We won. 2. We forced VCU to play at our tempo. 3. We won despite fairly poor shooting.

Now my conclusion, only a great team gets over the obstacles posed by these conditions and wins a game.

Now, let's get back to the box score. Looks like we had our usual 20 shot advantage. They just didn't fall. as you can see because the FG number was pretty even. You played your tempo? How did you end up with that many less shots? We played very poorly as did you and we all know it. Someone around here post some intelligent basketball analysis please without the name calling. It's not that hard to be a respectful poster. Your FT shooting is a direct result of tired legs. We see that alot. Rob's shot surprised me bigtime, cuz the legs usually take that shot away. He's the man. He made it. Props!!!!

I say again, how many top 50 RPI wins???? Answer the question for me. Or do I need to tell you? Your preseason schedule was lame and you lost the two that mattered. Now, how many top 50 wins? OK, I'll help you out. You just got your first one yesterday in your 25th game. You guys really need to get more in the loop and educated about NCAA BB and why top 50 wins are so important. You maybe have 2 more chances to get another.

They also look at bad losses

SLU out of conference RPI/SOS: 28/83

VCU out of confernce RPI/SOS: 35/87

source: http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

SLU projected record vs. RPI top 50: 4-3

VCU projected record vs. RPI top 50: 4-4

source: http://www.rpiforecast.com/index2.html

Richmond and St. Joe's both moved into the RPI top 50 yesterday. Please tell us more about these 'almost losses', or as they are more commonly referred as.. Wins..

Yeah, Richmond is now in the top 50. St Joes is now there too, As of pregame yesterday you had 0 top 50 wins. We had 3 and one against a top 15 RPI team. Keep talking. That's why they play the games. Unfortunatately, when we smack Richmond, it'll help your RPI. Both of our RPI's went up yesterday as expected. We are now a 6 seed and you are now a 4 for now. POM ratings say the same. This will be a great A10 season. Best of luck to us both. I'd love to see us both in the Sweet 16. That's a great thing for the A10. We should have 5 teams in now.

And everyone said Butler and X leaving this year would cook the A10. To all of those schmucks I say SMB's.

The game was not nearly as close as final score. If game is called correctly VCU has 10 more fouls not to mention several travels. There should be rule that during all play stoppages all refs must be at center court, there is no reason to be with one of the coaches listening to complaints. If the coach comes out to center court it's an automatic "T".

Yeah, Richmond is now in the top 50. St Joes is now there too, As of pregame yesterday you had 0 top 50 wins. We had 3 and one against a top 15 RPI team. Keep talking. That's why they play the games. Unfortunatately, when we smack Richmond, it'll help your RPI. Both of our RPI's went up yesterday as expected. We are now a 6 seed and you are now a 4 for now. POM ratings say the same. This will be a great A10 season. Best of luck to us both. I'd love to see us both in the Sweet 16. That's a great thing for the A10. We should have 5 teams in now.

And everyone said Butler and X leaving this year would cook the A10. To all of those schmucks I say SMB's.

Great post. Good thing this discussion isn't taking place yesterday. "That's why they play the games." Yea, stick with that. #SeventeenStraight

I love how VCU fans keep taking about their recruits for next year and what we lose next year. It's still this year. I don't give the slightest about next year until this season is over.

Shaka is a good coach for his system. His system doesn't beat certain styles of play. That's his flaw. (Other than the fact that he's one of the biggest whiners ever to step onto the court)

The game was not nearly as close as final score. If game is called correctly VCU has 10 more fouls not to mention several travels. There should be rule that during all play stoppages all refs must be at center court, there is no reason to be with one of the coaches listening to complaints. If the coach comes out to center court it's an automatic "T".

Yeah, not close. You guys hadda be getting new underwear when we tied it and had the ball...Fouls always go the home team's way. Your timekeeper did a nice job of keeping your guys fresh too. We've seen that trick many times. We figured on a close game with either team winning. That's what we all got. Two very solid teams going toe to toe. You can't be serious if you think these teams aren't pretty evenly matched.

As for the OOC schedule, your WI and WS losses powered that. The rest were pretty much patsies.

You guys got the foul calls, had the bonus and the advantage of so many stoppages in play for BS it kept your guys relatively fresh. Like I said I would on my first post I would, I congratulate SLU for the win.

Yeah, not close. You guys hadda be getting new underwear when we tied it and had the ball...Fouls always go the home team's way. Your timekeeper did a nice job of keeping your guys fresh too. We've seen that trick many times. We figured on a close game with either team winning. That's what we all got. Two very solid teams going toe to toe. You can't be serious if you think these teams aren't pretty evenly matched.

As for the OOC schedule, your WI and WS losses powered that. The rest were pretty much patsies.

You guys got the foul calls, had the bonus and the advantage of so many stoppages in play for BS it kept your guys relatively fresh. Like I said I would on my first post I would, I congratulate SLU for the win.

And Shaka Khan lobbying the refs incessantly. Being a VCU fan, what the hell's he going for with all the ref baiting? I think he spent more time with the zebras than he did with his players.

We were playing our walk-ons with 5 minutes to go against GMU. NI is a tough place to play, especially during a blizzard with one of the best fan bases I've seen. They all showed up in a blizzard. Pretty impressive and they can beat anyone anytime. And, GMU was at your place. You have several almost losses against some of the lower teams in the league. We take care of business easily against them. Oh yeah and we also had our walk-ons in the game vs GW for the last 3 minutes. GW is no slouch. Now, we gotta take UMASS off the table. Our schedule at season end is brutal.

Oh and let's not forget VA on their floor. You go in there and get manhandled by them easily because they can shoot the 3 and their front line is a match for anyone. We went in there and came out with a W.

We were one missed 3 from sending you home bummed yesterday.

Your VCWho Gimmick also lost to GW in DC.

Your VCWho Gimmick lost to a mediocre at best, Valley middler Northern Iowa team (13-13, 7-7 in a greatly watered down Missouri Valley, RPI 105). Your VCWho Gimmick adversely affected the whole A10 in the process (in terms of RPI). Did Shaka work the refs in Cedar Falls too?

Everyone has bad games. SLU has managed to still win games when it did not play its best. As the Top Dog in the A10, SLU has a bulls eye on its chest. Now that's getting close to the real reason you are even still on this Board, isn't it?

And Shaka Khan lobbying the refs incessantly. Being a VCU fan, what the hell's he going for with all the ref baiting? I think he spent more time with the zebras than he did with his players.

What I found interesting is that Coach Knight almost completely ignored Smart and his People's Choice level acting job on the sidelines and court. I made a mental note, at least when I was listening, that Knight didn't even mention Smart's name. One wonders why.

Plus, VCWho can rationalize all it wants, but when the real big job ultimately comes along, Smart will take the BC$ (or NBA?) money and be gone. It eventually happens to all these coaches de jure. The Illinois job, in its current state, wasn't big enough for him. But there will be one coming, probably sooner than later.

What I found interesting is that Coach Knight almost completely ignored Smart and his People's Choice level acting job on the sidelines and court. I made a mental note, at least when I was listening, that Knight didn't even mention Smart's name. One wonders why.

Plus, VCWho can rationalize all it wants, but when the real big job ultimately comes along, Smart will take the BC$ (or NBA?) money and be gone. It eventually happens to all these coaches de jure. The Illinois job, in its current state, wasn't big enough for him. But there will be one coming, probably sooner than later.

A school 90 miles up the road could be made attractive enough once Haith is given his buyout. But agreed, he's moving on, hopefully Spike and Pavrotti follow him.

This guy is clueless. Not even worth any more of our time arguing.

Dwayne or D-Wane is a sophomore. It sez so over his avatar. I had a look at his posts and no, there was nothing of any substance. Imagine that. Mod, isn't there a BAN button to remove the idiots. There are a bunch of good, knowledgable BB posters here. And a bunch of hate, name-calling idiots. We have a dude named BustedDreams on our site. I have to check to see if he's here. This guy is a total SLU fan and he's highly respected and welcome on our board. Never been flamed for anything.

A foul could be called on your Gimmick on almost every possession. Watch the game highlights. Note how many SLU baskets were scored when Gimmick still fouled SLU without the And One being called.

Your fanbase's claims about the clock are also most amusing. Do you think next time we'll shut off the lights too when your offensively challenged team has the ball? We could even turn on the blowers to blow cold air (not hot, as VCWho Gimmick already has the market cornered on hot air) when VCWho is shooting. It worked for the Minnesota Twins in the '87 World Series. Maybe we'll turn off the heat and turn on the AC in the Gimmick dressing room. It was the Billiken Blizzard. It would fit the theme.

As for SLU's non-conference schedule, it takes two to tango. The BC$ pretenders will not play SLU home and home. SLU is well above cow towing to these pretenders to play "buy" games on the road.

As I suspected BustedDreams the SLU mega-fan isn't here. I'd be embarassed to be here too if I was a Billikens fan. Imagine what your kids and fans around STL get to see here. It's pretty disgusting stuff. You guys are not alone out there. People actually come to your board to look. Total embarrassment. I came as a respectful BB fan with a positive attitude and this is the result. Lemme see if I can get some more curses, name calling and general nastiness out of you for all your city to see.

Busted chose RamNation. Heh. I'd not want to be a STL fan associated with this train-wreck of a message board.

Bring it on. Let's see how many fish I can catch with some bait now that I know the lack of rules around here.

MUDKAT