GDT VS Gimmick

UpperdeckKid

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know where it is. That has nothing to do with your comment that indicates you think I'm a moron. Seems to me someone who thinks mild name-calling should result in a message board ban would have to be considered a hypocrite if they immediately turn around and call someone a moron.

Understood now about the players names. I will concede I am probably in the wrong on that one for letting jimbo slide on things - but it actually probably isn't the worst thing he has done, and I think there is an understanding jimbo is over the top, and it is hard to HATE him.

I will be in Brooklyn in a few weeks. If you want to grab a beer, send me a PM and we can exchange contact info.

Slu, it takes m

Understood now about the players names. I will concede I am probably in the wrong on that one for letting jimbo slide on things - but it actually probably isn't the worst thing he has done, and I think there is an understanding jimbo is over the top, and it is hard to HATE him.

I will be in Brooklyn in a few weeks. If you want to grab a beer, send me a PM and we can exchange contact info.

Slu it takes me only a little while to get to Brooklyn being a Jersey (and I'm not proud of it) guy. I'll gladly tip beers with you and enjoy great basketball. Send me a PM and we'll figure it out. Might even be able to swing a lux box ticket for us if all goes well. Nothing like free food, booze and beer all day! You da Man!

I'd just like to say f--- you to the Mizzou and Marquette fans watching at Field House. There are plenty of other sports bars in this city, clowns.

Details? Mizzou fans are always so respectful; I cannot imagine there was an issue...

They weren't disrespectful, but I just got pissed seeing them at a SLU bar.

I thought the owner of Fieldhouse went to Mizzou? I have always had a good "SLU experience" at Fieldhouse, so I really don't care where the owner went to school, but I can see why there might be Mizzou fans there.

Let the VCU fans vent. They lost to the flagship program again. It is tough being second fiddle when you thought you would dominate. VCU and Dayton fans have a lot in common.

VCU and Dayton both sell out their arenas, even against Winthrop. That's where the commonalities end. Dayton has 1 win in the NCAA tournament, in the last 3 decades or something like that VCU has a win in each of the last 3 tournaments (one of 8 teams currently). VCU and SLU would do well to pair together moving forward (Big East, or dominate A10) and leaves the likes of Dayton and Rhode Island behind.

Maybe you should reread your posts in your stoned haze before you post them and you might notice that they might offend someone that you don't know. That being said, HATE kinda fits. I just came here to talk BB with fans and this is what I get?

you know nothing of which you speak. i was working during that entire game and had a single whiskey drink during. i don't worry about offending people that i don't know. you're on my my team's board; i especially don't care about offending you. i don't deal in perception. i deal in "reality[1]."

1. "Reality" - MB73.

you know nothing of which you speak. i was working during that entire game and had a single whiskey drink during. i don't worry about offending people that i don't know. you're on my my team's board; i especially don't care about offending you. i don't deal in perception. i deal in "reality[1]."

1. "Reality" - MB73.

I'm wondering if any of us went on their board to talk trash? I doubt it. So, Mudkat, why'd you find it necessary to come over here and bang on us? And Jimbo ain't no racist. He might be a little sexist, but he loves beauty in any color. It's why we love the guy.

1. "Reality" - MB73.

Reality.

VCU plays foo-foo ball. Reality.

Check it...more than 10 secs left on the clock.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the shot was taken with 5 seconds left. Check the ESPN highlights, they'll be on all night. It's not the first time, SLU runs that set at the end of a shot clock. Hope it's not the last!

Great game, 2 good teams!

ABomb you gotta jump all over this.

I would but I have no clue what the guy was trying to say.

Anyway, game was much closer than I thought it would be. SLU is the anti-Havoc senior laden, don't get rattled and takes care of the ball. Today they were affected and had way too many TOs. I thought they'd pull away in the 2nd half but I think the shorter bench might've prevented it from happening. I don't really question the coach because the guy only has 9 losses in 2 years at SLU. I don't think it's a given we lose at VCU because I don't foresee SLU playing that way again. However, dropping 1 wouldn't be so bad because we most likely secured the A10 Title Today.

As for VCU getting into the Final 4. That is awesome and I hope SLU gets there this year. However, SLU is better than VCU right now and was last year. So I'll live in the now and enjoy the win.

Reality.

VCU plays foo-foo ball. Reality.

VCU plays foo-foo ball and reads the commie SL Post Dispatch. Reality.

Strong win for us against a quality club that was pumped up and needed a win badly. We are a shoo in for the NCAA's but still fought hard and beat them... still no letdown... even with atrocious free throw shooting. That is a great sign.

And RL was the key, he did all of the little things to help us win that do not show up in the box score, he was the player of the game IMO. He played tough, too, hard nosed against their thugs. And of course, that late clutch "3".

I'm wondering if any of us went on their board to talk trash? I doubt it. So, Mudkat, why'd you find it necessary to come over here and bang on us? And Jimbo ain't no racist. He might be a little sexist, but he loves beauty in any color. It's why we love the guy.

Actually, I came here for some good BB conversation with a friendly (to start) attitude and got run over by a bunch of thugs who would be removed from our board within minutes for the seriously nasty hateful stuff that went on here today as well as the massive amount of thinly veiled cursing. Nice win. I'll be back for the Thrilla in the Stu.

I wanted to see what your board was like. Unfortunately, it is about as bad as ODU's.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the shot was taken with 5 seconds left. Check the ESPN highlights, they'll be on all night. It's not the first time, SLU runs that set at the end of a shot clock. Hope it's not the last!

Great game, 2 good teams!

I stand corrected, but if I'm the coach, I wanna see a better shooter out there from 24 feet. It went in and it was the dagger. Props to Rob. He played a really solid game. He's the guy that beat us, even though it may not show big in the stat sheet vs your other stars.