GDT VS Gimmick

UpperdeckKid

I stand corrected, but if I'm the coach, I wanna see a better shooter out there from 24 feet. It went in and it was the dagger. Props to Rob. He played a really solid game. He's the guy that beat us, even though it may not show big in the stat sheet vs your other stars.

Actually Loe has been our best outside shooter the past 2 or 3 weeks and has made a lot of clutch threes this season. He would of been my first choice to take that shot. It's his bread and better.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Loe has been our best outside shooter the past 2 or 3 weeks and has made a lot of clutch threes this season. He would of been my first choice to take that shot. It's his bread and better.

I wonder who took the shot against GMU for the tie...oh right, Loe.

These VCWho interlopers had best concern themselves with their own team, not ours. This continual pontificating about the merits of Rob Loe's dagger 3 with 5 seconds left on the shot clock continues to amuse.

Perhaps it is understandable, as Loe's huge 3 was the final nail in yesterday's VCWho coffin.

When will the A10 make Shaka wear a VCWho Gimmick uniform himself? After all, he spends enough time on the court, as in inside the out of bounds line, even during live action. He could be Gimmick's 6th Man, covering that man left open by Gimmick's failed traps.

Shaka is nothing more than a fan who gets to sit on the bench. He left his team unattended in the huddle for 40 seconds yesterday so complain to the refs at mid court during a time out. Funny thing is he wanted a TRAVEL against SLU. His team traveled all game. His style of basketball works against 95% of teams and I'll give that to him. But SLU's style works against everyone and that's why SLU has won 17 straight and are 51-9 since Crews took over. Do I think we will lose at VCU? Yeah probably. Your refs will be out in full force and it's a tough place to play, but until you guys get a win over us, there is no way that VCU fans can act like they're the better team. Also SLU knows how to go into a tough place and win (9-0) on the road so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us go to VCU and pull out another win over gimmick.

Shaka is nothing more than a fan who gets to sit on the bench. He left his team unattended in the huddle for 40 seconds yesterday so complain to the refs at mid court during a time out. Funny thing is he wanted a TRAVEL against SLU. His team traveled all game. His style of basketball works against 95% of teams and I'll give that to him. But SLU's style works against everyone and that's why SLU has won 17 straight and are 51-9 since Crews took over. Do I think we will lose at VCU? Yeah probably. Your refs will be out in full force and it's a tough place to play, but until you guys get a win over us, there is no way that VCU fans can act like they're the better team. Also SLU knows how to go into a tough place and win (9-0) on the road so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us go to VCU and pull out another win over gimmick.

I would not be surprised to see SLU win over Gimmick in the Commonwealth either, even though SLU will be an underdog playing in that overgrown, but still substandard capacity, rec center.

It's not so much Gimmick, rather the simple law of averages.

VCWho does lead the A10 in hype, overhype. Were there any Spike Lee sightings in The Lou yesterday?

As for VCWho's Final 4, yes it happened, in a year when most observers thought VCWho should not have even been in the NCAA Tournament and was the very unusual recipient of an NCAA bestowed gift bid on a mid-major coming out of the Colonial Athletic Association. VCWho played in the de facto play-in game.

I would but I have no clue what the guy was trying to say.

Anyway, game was much closer than I thought it would be. SLU is the anti-Havoc senior laden, don't get rattled and takes care of the ball. Today they were affected and had way too many TOs. I thought they'd pull away in the 2nd half but I think the shorter bench might've prevented it from happening. I don't really question the coach because the guy only has 9 losses in 2 years at SLU. I don't think it's a given we lose at VCU because I don't foresee SLU playing that way again. However, dropping 1 wouldn't be so bad because we most likely secured the A10 Title Today.

As for VCU getting into the Final 4. That is awesome and I hope SLU gets there this year. However, SLU is better than VCU right now and was last year. So I'll live in the now and enjoy the win.

Well said.

Amazing how much mileage both Butler and VCU got out of those trips to the final 4. Of course, Butler did reach the finals for 2 years, so that takes them out of the fluke category. VCU not so much.

VCU is more than a fluke. This will be their 4th straight tournament. They are a damn good basketball program. It makes our 3 game winning streak over them even more impressive.

Let's not forget that we went into Hinkle last year and got a W when the Bulldogs were hungry for revenge. Combine that experience with this teams perfect road record and I think a win is very do-able. VCU makes us do a few things contrary to our normal defensive responsibilities so I think the familiarity of having just played will be a benefit to this senior laden team. I also don't think we'll shoot FT's so poorly again.

51 LOE, Rob 25 25 672 26.9 86 193 .446 29 92 .315 49 65 .754 37 96 133 5.3 74 4 48 28 32 24 250 10.0

11 MCCALL JR, Mike 25 25 724 29.0 81 201 .403 27 85 .318 36 48 .750 25 64 89 3.6 37 0 54 27 2 38 225 9.0

02 MCBROOM, Austin 25 1 568 22.7 64 173 .370 40 102 .392 45 50 .900 12 40 52 2.1 39 0 47 39 0 19 213 8.5

30 BARNETT, Jake 25 17 567 22.7 36 111 .324 26 86 .302 17 27 .630 5 65 70 2.8 60 1 28 21 6 17 115 4.6

Season three-point percentages. Yup, that was a really unexpected shot by our big man. /sarcasm

VCU is more than a fluke. This will be their 4th straight tournament. They are a damn good basketball program. It makes our 3 game winning streak over them even more impressive.

Thank you for a post that makes some sense. Well said. As for Shaka, the posters on here raggin on him must not have a clue. Look at his record since becoming a head coach. Look at the 4 stars coming in. This is no accident. 4 stars play as freshmen. Tillman is a beast. Just look at his line for the last month. Larrier is a top 50 that can do it all from the 2, 3 and 4. And you get to see the Freight Train's Sr. Season and A10 player of the year next year. Let's not forget Bri, who did some serious damage yesterday vs the vaunted 7 TO per game O you have. That stat is a huge statement to how good your guys handles are. Best in the league for sure, but not immune to havoc (LOL-the gimmick that Louisville ran the table with last year).

Amazing how much mileage both Butler and VCU got out of those trips to the final 4. Of course, Butler did reach the finals for 2 years, so that takes them out of the fluke category. VCU not so much.

Butler is a non-factor and will be the doormat of the Big East for years. Coach gone. Best players gone. Not so much VCU.

This coming from someone's whose team lost to Northern Iowa, who happened to lose to George Mason.

We were playing our walk-ons with 5 minutes to go against GMU. NI is a tough place to play, especially during a blizzard with one of the best fan bases I've seen. They all showed up in a blizzard. Pretty impressive and they can beat anyone anytime. And, GMU was at your place. You have several almost losses against some of the lower teams in the league. We take care of business easily against them. Oh yeah and we also had our walk-ons in the game vs GW for the last 3 minutes. GW is no slouch. Now, we gotta take UMASS off the table. Our schedule at season end is brutal.

Oh and let's not forget VA on their floor. You go in there and get manhandled by them easily because they can shoot the 3 and their front line is a match for anyone. We went in there and came out with a W.

We were one missed 3 from sending you home bummed yesterday.

We were playing our walk-ons with 5 minutes to go against GMU. NI is a tough place to play, especially during a blizzard with one of the best fan bases I've seen. They all showed up in a blizzard. Pretty impressive and they can beat anyone anytime. And, GMU was at your place. You have several almost losses against some of the lower teams in the league. We take care of business easily against them. Oh yeah and we also had our walk-ons in the game vs GW for the last 3 minutes. GW is no slouch. Now, we gotta take UMASS off the table. Our schedule at season end is brutal.

"Northern Iowa is a tough place to play".... That is severely laughable. They have an RPI of about 124 I believe

Are you f*cking serious with this post?

Not really sure what you are trying to agrue. We are undefeated in the conference with a 3 game lead on VCU and have beaten them 3 straight. SLU is the best team in the conference without question. Have fun fighting for second place.

Did the walk-ons get to play at St. Joe's?

Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be ---or to be undistinguishable from----self-righteous 16 yr olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

...............................Neil Stephenson....Tech expert and Sci-Fi writer

Dude, why are you here?

Scoreboard. A-10 Standings. Wins against SLU in A-10.

Talk if you beat us in 2 weeks.

How many top 50 wins? Go to Philly and you always get a brutal difficult game. You guys know that as well as anyone.