GDT VS Gimmick

UpperdeckKid

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I found interesting is that Coach Knight almost completely ignored Smart and his People's Choice level acting job on the sidelines and court. I made a mental note, at least when I was listening, that Knight didn't even mention Smart's name. One wonders why.

Plus, VCWho can rationalize all it wants, but when the real big job ultimately comes along, Smart will take the BC$ (or NBA?) money and be gone. It eventually happens to all these coaches de jure. The Illinois job, in its current state, wasn't big enough for him. But there will be one coming, probably sooner than later.

Coach Knight is senile. The SLU fans drinking booze and brew behind him were big fun to watch. He sounded like a drone. No real basketball acumen to add other than to say that STL was sucking at the foul-line. I expected much more out of Bobby, but he's never going to be a color man on an ESPN broadcast again. You can bank on that.

brianstl, you have my respect too. You post well and you know your hoops.

Busted has a different name on here

What is it? I'd love to send some PM's to him. Your mod has been friendly and I'm gonna set him up at Barclays in the LUX BOX if I can pull it off, which is likely. I'll try to get Busted in too if he wants to come. Much respect for them. brian, you have been a good host too and show a good BB acumen.

Coach Knight is senile. The SLU fans drinking booze and brew behind him were big fun to watch. He sounded like a drone. No real basketball acumen to add other than to say that STL was sucking at the foul-line. I expected much more out of Bobby, but he's never going to be a color man on an ESPN broadcast again. You can bank on that.

As I suspected BustedDreams the SLU mega-fan isn't here. I'd be embarassed to be here too if I was a Billikens fan. Imagine what your kids and fans around STL get to see here. It's pretty disgusting stuff. You guys are not alone out there. People actually come to your board to look. Total embarrassment. I came as a respectful BB fan with a positive attitude and this is the result. Lemme see if I can get some more curses, name calling and general nastiness out of you for all your city to see.

Busted chose RamNation. Heh. I'd not want to be a STL fan associated with this train-wreck of a message board.

Bring it on. Let's see how many fish I can catch with some bait now that I know the lack of rules around here.

MUDKAT

You are delusional. Our board is here to entertain ourselves and fans of the BIllikens any complaints from outsiders are none of our concern. You haven't been on here long enough to understand each of our posters personalities to form a relevant opinion. Most people on here are just entertaining themselves and f*cking with you. Lighten up Francis.

You are delusional. Our board is here to entertain ourselves and fans of the BIllikens any complaints from outsiders are none of our concern. You haven't been on here long enough to understand each of our posters personalities to form a relevant opinion. Most people on here are just entertaining themselves and f*cking with you. Lighten up Francis.

Caught me one. Think I can win Bass Masters?

VCU is good. I want them to be good because I want to have really good wins on our schedule. I want the A10 to look good. If we win the A10 and it has a lot of good teams, it only makes us look better.

I don't like VCU at all. I don't like their players. I don't like Shaka. I think Shaka is a good coach. You don't win a tourney game 3 years in a row with some huge bum as your coach. I just think he's very overrated. I can't stand how he's out at midcourt complaining non stop. If you want to say that those hand checks and body bumps shouldn't be fouls, that's fine. But by the rules of the NCAA, they are fouls. So because of that, they need to be called. Don't complain to the refs. They're just doing what they're supposed to. By the rules, those are fouls every single time. If Shaka wants to complain, he can go talk to the NCAA and get the rules changed, but as the rules are now, those are fouls and they need to be called.

I say again, how many top 50 RPI wins???? Answer the question for me. Or do I need to tell you? Your preseason schedule was lame and you lost the two that mattered. Now, how many top 50 wins? OK, I'll help you out. You just got your first one yesterday in your 25th game. You guys really need to get more in the loop and educated about NCAA BB and why top 50 wins are so important. You maybe have 2 more chances to get another.

Wrong again Gimmick Fan.

SLU's Top 50 wins: 24 VCWho, 41 Richmond, 44 St. Joe's (which of course defeated Gimmick on Hawk Hill).

41 and 44 are below 50, correct?

Yeah, Richmond is now in the top 50. St Joes is now there too, As of pregame yesterday you had 0 top 50 wins. We had 3 and one against a top 15 RPI team. Keep talking. That's why they play the games. Unfortunatately, when we smack Richmond, it'll help your RPI. Both of our RPI's went up yesterday as expected. We are now a 6 seed and you are now a 4 for now. POM ratings say the same. This will be a great A10 season. Best of luck to us both. I'd love to see us both in the Sweet 16. That's a great thing for the A10. We should have 5 teams in now.

And everyone said Butler and X leaving this year would cook the A10. To all of those schmucks I say SMB's.

SLU 64 VCU 62

When was the last time we had multiple dunks on drives to the basket(not on post moves or open dunks) in one game.

Not since Jeffers was here certainly.

Where did Evans hops come from?

Not since Jeffers was here certainly.

Where did Evans hops come from?

My buddy and I noticed this in the pregame warmups. He was dunking with ease and i made the comment about how he rarely shows that ability to dunk in games. Probably a combo of having 3 ppl hanging on him and tired legs.

GG had some impressive pregame dunks. Some 360 jams that he made look easy. Real easy.

My buddy and I noticed this in the pregame warmups. He was dunking with ease and i made the comment about how he rarely shows that ability to dunk in games. Probably a combo of having 3 ppl hanging on him and tired legs.

GG had some impressive pregame dunks. Some 360 jams that he made look easy. Real easy.

Yeah, then he got in the game and developed a case of hands of stone.

Not as bad as yesterday. He must have been really jumpy. I saw him drop two good inside passes that became TOs.

Yep. Even though he didn't play great, I think AM's experience will serve him better against VCU in the next game. At minimum, we need AM to play well enough to stay on the court in games just to give MM and JJ a break.

Also, watched the game again. JB had an unspectacular but solid game. Also, if you see a crazy guy constantly standing up giving the "what the hell was that call" histrionics behind and to the right of the bucket in the first half, that might be me. Kshoe, taught me well.

Yep. Even though he didn't play great, I think AM's experience will serve him better against VCU in the next game. At minimum, we need AM to play well enough to stay on the court in games just to give MM and JJ a break.

Also, watched the game again. JB had an unspectacular but solid game. Also, if you see a crazy guy constantly standing up giving the "what the hell was that call" histrionics behind and to the right of the bucket in the first half, that might be me. Kshoe, taught me well.

Moy, the TV star.

As I suspected BustedDreams the SLU mega-fan isn't here. I'd be embarassed to be here too if I was a Billikens fan. Imagine what your kids and fans around STL get to see here. It's pretty disgusting stuff. You guys are not alone out there. People actually come to your board to look. Total embarrassment. I came as a respectful BB fan with a positive attitude and this is the result. Lemme see if I can get some more curses, name calling and general nastiness out of you for all your city to see.

Busted chose RamNation. Heh. I'd not want to be a STL fan associated with this train-wreck of a message board.

Bring it on. Let's see how many fish I can catch with some bait now that I know the lack of rules around here.

MUDKAT

Mudcat and Bernie M ever been seen in the same room together?

What I found interesting is that Coach Knight almost completely ignored Smart and his People's Choice level acting job on the sidelines and court. I made a mental note, at least when I was listening, that Knight didn't even mention Smart's name. One wonders why.

Plus, VCWho can rationalize all it wants, but when the real big job ultimately comes along, Smart will take the BC$ (or NBA?) money and be gone. It eventually happens to all these coaches de jure. The Illinois job, in its current state, wasn't big enough for him. But there will be one coming, probably sooner than later.

*Du jour. Smart has already been offered many BCS jobs (ILL, Maryland, NC St., probably MN, and most recently UCLA).

SLU is a great team, and college basketball is all about matchups. We matchup more evenly this year, than last - Smart is improving his ability to coach teams against great zone defenses, and physical defenses (@UVA). The reason we're so excited about our recruiting classes, is that VCU has always had 3* recruits, and a small amount of former 4 stars smattered throughout our last ten years. Three top 100 recruits, and SLU would be excited too.

Looking forward to SLU's first trip to VCU, since 2010.

What bucket? Home or visitor?