Making the Trip to St. Louis

Dr. Gunnie

Was that place called the green apple?

I made many a purchase at Green Apple Liquor. Also there was another spot on MLK that would slide the beer to you through a drawer behind 5" thick glass. I bought with my SLU ID.

Anyway, this dude is a GMU fan and most likely from the DC area for him STL has no traffic and everything is close. I've spent quite a bit of time in DC and it has the worst traffic I've ever experienced, Thanks Obama.

Also I'll be in STL staying at the Hotel Ignacio 28 JAN. That's right MO National Guard screwed me out of seeing a SLU game which is why I scheduled the visit during that time in the first place (they moved the meeting). So I'll be stuck out in Jeff City. Anyone got some Jeff City restaurant recommendations besides Cracker Barrel?

PS The Best Steakhouse is great if you see Dean there tell him Rob said hi.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

slufanskip and Billiken Rich let's go watch the LaSalle game at the Zodiac Lounge, I'll be there an hour before tip if you guys are interested. I'll save us some window seats. It's an older crowd, 35 and over so it should be decent. Let me know.

Wagon Wheel saloon on Delmar...........bring your paystubs.......

So this guy has not replied since his initial post. We're talking to ourselves.

I was just soaking in all the info - it took a little while. No clue where we are going yet to eat, where we are parking, or what roads we'll take. I'll have to make some graphs and charts showing the pros and cons of each suggestion. I should have that ready by March.

Looking forward to seeing the game. Thanks for all the info. I'll be sure to give you a full debriefing after the game of our experience.

The great news for me is I'll be right back at Chaifetz the following weekend for Disney Jr Live! Yippie!

slufanskip and Billiken Rich let's go watch the LaSalle game at the Zodiac Lounge, I'll be there an hour before tip if you guys are interested. I'll save us some window seats. It's an older crowd, 35 and over so it should be decent. Let me know.

I'd have no problem watching a game anywhere. Don't know the Zodiac Lounge but here's a deal. If we go and don't get mugged or robbed you buy. What time is the game? I work in the day so lets hope it's an evening game. The Bills and some old school R&B sounds like a good night

I'd have no problem watching a game anywhere. Don't know the Zodiac Lounge but here's a deal. If we go and don't get mugged or robbed you buy. What time is the game? I work in the day so lets hope it's an evening game. The Bills and some old school R&B sounds like a good night

Gametime 4pm. I will buy either way. I'll be the guy in sunglasses, sitting at the table near the window, with the single rose placed on an empty chair.

Slu has an Ignaccio hotel across street from lindell/ olive garage

We had dinner there once- upscale and you can walk to game.

Marriott has two hotels and there are several on market.

If eating Italian food there are tons in addition to Mangia

However, Yogi Berra and Joe Garagiola grew up on the hill and

the food is great at dozens of places, there are bakery stores, Viviano's grocery,

Volpe's salami store plus the little houses. You will find 20 or more answers about where for

Italian food.

The pizzas are not as good as Chicago but basketball, baseball, soccer, zoo, city museum etc

are great.

Driving in from airport go 70 to downtown just as you pass arch hang right go by old court house come west on market go by beautiful fountains across from union station. Look at the city. Chaifetz is less than. 30 blocks from Downtown at that way you can see

All 4 sports facilities if you like that sort of thing. If you have been successful go to Tony's or Kemoll 's both great food but probably over $200 for 4 for tasty Italian food, high end service and river views or city at its best ambiance.

I made many a purchase at Green Apple Liquor. Also there was another spot on MLK that would slide the beer to you through a drawer behind 5" thick glass. I bought with my SLU ID.

Anyway, this dude is a GMU fan and most likely from the DC area for him STL has no traffic and everything is close. I've spent quite a bit of time in DC and it has the worst traffic I've ever experienced, Thanks Obama.

Also I'll be in STL staying at the Hotel Ignacio 28 JAN. That's right MO National Guard screwed me out of seeing a SLU game which is why I scheduled the visit during that time in the first place (they moved the meeting). So I'll be stuck out in Jeff City. Anyone got some Jeff City restaurant recommendations besides Cracker Barrel?

PS The Best Steakhouse is great if you see Dean there tell him Rob said hi.

-Echo Lounge for pork tenderloin sandwich

So this guy has not replied since his initial post. We're talking to ourselves.

No, keep it up. I will be attending Senior Night (our game with Dayton) on the Wednesday and then I have a business meeting on Friday. So for 3 days I need suggestions for places to go and eat. I did go to the City Museum a few years ago and that was outstanding. Also, I want to try other places then Pappys to eat. Not that Pappys is bad.

No, keep it up. I will be attending Senior Night (our game with Dayton) on the Wednesday and then I have a business meeting on Friday. So for 3 days I need suggestions for places to go and eat. I did go to the City Museum a few years ago and that was outstanding. Also, I want to try other places then Pappys to eat. Not that Pappys is bad.

Give Bogarts a try. It's every bit as good as Pappy's. I actually prefer Bogarts

There used be another place called Bogart's.

I am going back to the mid-70s, just off Laclede and Vandeventer (I believe) a Bogarts existed. It was a bar owned by some SLU alums. They had this large mural of Humprey Bogart behind the bar. Thanks for straightening that out, I would have been wandering around trying to find that old Bogarts :lol: