Wiz Top 25

The Wiz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what your formula says, or are you just trash-talking Missouri (not that they don't deserve it)?

My formula says that ....though by tomorrow it will be RI =Ga as they will both be C+ teams

But is that only because RI lost at home to us and Georgia won at Mizzou? How did they compare before the two respective games?

Why do you assume that Wiz would give a formula AFTER the games? Neither Wiz nor anyone else would have credibility if they developed predictive formulas AFTER the games are played..

I've been going through each of the power conferences heading into conference play, and just a few observations relevant to this thread:

-I pegged Georgia as the worst team in the SEC (albeit a close call with Texas A&M and South Carolina). And the bottom half of the SEC, as usual, has a lot of mediocrity despite having some of the biggest athletic budgets, period. That upset of Mizzou is very surprising. Georgia has losses to Georgia Tech, Nebraska, Davidson, Temple, Colorado, and George Washington - most of which aren't embarassments on paper, but most of which are programs that are down a bit and beat the Bulldogs by double digits.

-Heading in to yesterday, Georgia (259) was almost 80 spots worse than Rhode Island (174) in the RPI. Georgia's will get better and Rhody's could stagnate if they don't win some solid A10 games (and don't lose to the bad teams), but it's worth pointing out.

-The fact that Wisconsin is dismantling even Big Ten opponents is not a surprise. They're the high-end of what SLU's team would look like if the offense worked. When you combine one of the best defenses in a country with a team that takes and makes good shots, moves the ball around fluidly, and plays with an incredible amount of confidence, it's virtually unstoppable.

But is that only because RI lost at home to us and Georgia won at Mizzou? How did they compare before the two respective games?

2 days ago they were both C....yesterday RI= C+ ..Ga =C....Today Ga B-....Both teams received points for doing well against better teams but Ga actually won so they come out ahead of RI.

Mizzou.....47....A-

Illini..........51....A-

Both tourney teams

Both teams slip a bit.. Mizz a little more....Don't know why the AP had Illini so high

Both teams are now borderline......Last 2 in the Dance.

Is that what your formula says, or are you just trash-talking Missouri (not that they don't deserve it)?

Absurd_Bills_fan, how do I start a new topic? I have no place on my screen that shows how to start one.

Absurd_Bills_fan, how do I start a new topic? I have no place on my screen that shows how to start one.

Idk if he may have pm'ed you, but When you are on the list of threads, near the top of the page is a dark button that says 'start new topic' :)

Idk if he may have pm'ed you, but When you are on the list of threads, near the top of the page is a dark button that says 'start new topic' :)

It;s at the bottom now