Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

I am not sure how seriously to take some of the stuff in this article. If I recall correctly, Rickma really liked Cam. Thought he was outstanding, but Cam made it clear that he wasn't interested. I, also, don't think anyone is left on the staff from the time of his recruitment.

http://m.southbendtribune.com/sports/college/notredame/mensbasketball/notre-dame-basketball-future-in-doubt-for-biedscheid/article_002c4732-6ea2-11e3-a0e5-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

We were his first scholarship offer. I don't know the details of the recruitment beyond that.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is obvious but what you left out was, it is also logical that a healthy/focused Biedscheid would improve the Billiken basketball team.

Which should also be obvious...

My point was that some people on this board make a much bigger deal out of this for SLU than for the player. Clearly, this will have a bigger impact on his life than on the Billikens. I hope he comes here, but if he does not, it is not the end of the world.

For his sake, I hope he makes the right decision for himself whatever that decision is.

I am not sure how seriously to take some of the stuff in this article. If I recall correctly, Rickma really liked Cam. Thought he was outstanding, but Cam made it clear that he wasn't interested. I, also, don't think anyone is left on the staff from the time of his recruitment.

http://m.southbendtribune.com/sports/college/notredame/mensbasketball/notre-dame-basketball-future-in-doubt-for-biedscheid/article_002c4732-6ea2-11e3-a0e5-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

I know the author has to work with the quotes he's been given but reading this article and his twitter feed he seems to really believe that CB doesn't have any places in mind for the transfer. Please. He likely also believed cam was reds shirting because he just wanted to get stronger and concentrate on academics. You'd think a major program beat reporter would know better.

The stuff about SLU lightly recruiting Cam clearly seems inaccurate...

The part about frank haith contacting already committed kids seems like something he would do...

My point was that some people on this board make a much bigger deal out of this for SLU than for the player. Clearly, this will have a bigger impact on his life than on the Billikens. I hope he comes here, but if he does not, it is not the end of the world.

For his sake, I hope he makes the right decision for himself whatever that decision is.

Well this is a SLU billikens message board. Your point could be made for any kid we recruit. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be talking about what kind of impact he'd have in the program.

Well this is a SLU billikens message board. Your point could be made for any kid we recruit. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be talking about what kind of impact he'd have in the program.

Nevermind...

If I recall correctly, Rickma really liked Cam. Thought he was outstanding, but Cam made it clear that he wasn't interested. I, also, don't think anyone is left on the staff from the time of his recruitment.

By the looks of this link created three years ago, the only remaining ecdysiasts are my man Earl and the Rammer.....so, you are correct, no staff left.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/TVDN1A10I0dbtitX

We are all pretty sure Frank Haith has always played by the rules? If Biedschied did not compete in the classroom at ND wouldn't he find SLU with its basic requirements just as challenging.

As far as what BillsFan had to add I did not say we did not have good guards, now. What I did say was we will be loaded at the 1,2, 4 and face some thinning at the 5 as Loe is playing best on the team in my opinion as far as being a stabilizing factor. I do think with the freshmen coming in plus Ash and Mcbroom we will have no fall off. The three guards this year as long as Mcbroom remembers he has team mates have been better than expected. To me Jett seems to be playing like he has hip pointers or a bruised tailbone and I would like to see Mc Call established as our three point option instead of Barnett who made one of five last game after the game was pretty much decided. 0-4 start gives the bad guys nearly two buckets ahead if they shoot 45 percent.

BillsFan missed my message which was: I expect us to be improved when TL and RA are regulars as they both have talent. I like them better than Brian Conklin as a freshman and he turned beast by his senior year. Yes, if Biedshied wants to have impact on a team SLU has Evans spot opening up but I expect the Bills to continue to compete in the A10 and NCAA with or without Biedschied.

You can criticize my punctuation, spelling or typing but I see talent in this year's underclassmen and in basketball tomorrow's freshmen can break into the rotation easily when you play 8 or even 9 as Crews has. While we did not take home court leads against Wisconsin nor Wichita to the finish I see a team that had runs against two top rated teams and lost by two or three buckets or in reality 3 rebounds.

I hope we get RA and TL into the rotation more than we have so far. They show sparks. Crews got raves for last years' work-did Haith?

Notre Dame redshirt freshman forward Cameron Biedschied just received a permit to contact letter from Irish. Will transfer elsewhere.

The way I understand this (from the Tom Noie article), is he still hasn't been granted a release. This letter just lets him contact schools. ND could still decide not to give him his release or decide not to release him to any specific school of their choosing after Cam makes contact.

We are all pretty sure Frank Haith has always played by the rules? If Biedschied did not compete in the classroom at ND wouldn't he find SLU with its basic requirements just as challenging.

As far as what BillsFan had to add I did not say we did not have good guards, now. What I did say was we will be loaded at the 1,2, 4 and face some thinning at the 5 as Loe is playing best on the team in my opinion as far as being a stabilizing factor. I do think with the freshmen coming in plus Ash and Mcbroom we will have no fall off. The three guards this year as long as Mcbroom remembers he has team mates have been better than expected. To me Jett seems to be playing like he has hip pointers or a bruised tailbone and I would like to see Mc Call established as our three point option instead of Barnett who made one of five last game after the game was pretty much decided. 0-4 start gives the bad guys nearly two buckets ahead if they shoot 45 percent.

BillsFan missed my message which was: I expect us to be improved when TL and RA are regulars as they both have talent. I like them better than Brian Conklin as a freshman and he turned beast by his senior year. Yes, if Biedshied wants to have impact on a team SLU has Evans spot opening up but I expect the Bills to continue to compete in the A10 and NCAA with or without Biedschied.

You can criticize my punctuation, spelling or typing but I see talent in this year's underclassmen and in basketball tomorrow's freshmen can break into the rotation easily when you play 8 or even 9 as Crews has. While we did not take home court leads against Wisconsin nor Wichita to the finish I see a team that had runs against two top rated teams and lost by two or three buckets or in reality 3 rebounds.

I hope we get RA and TL into the rotation more than we have so far. They show sparks. Crews got raves for last years' work-did Haith?

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I think all of the young kids have talent, but the don't have the experience/cohesiveness that the 5 seniors have. We're talking about a team next year of mostly freshmen, sophomores, and junior transfers rather than seniors who've gotten starters minutes together for 4 years.

As far as criticizing your punctuation/spelling over actually discussing basketball and the team, I think I'll stick to the latter.

You point is still valid, but you are wrong about Wisconsin. We did not play them at home and we never led. It was a neutral site game in Mexico.

I was home watching Wisconsin. My post was about 2:00 this morning, now I am awake and remember, thanks, I think by second semester we will be fine and see little drop off from this year's team. It will take a year to play it out. I am hoping that this 11-2 team does better in the A-10 but from what I read we will have unexpected competition from 4 or more teams not just VCU as would have been expected after the finish of last season's tournament.

The bar is a lot higher, expectations are near at hand and we are all very anxious from our precipice. Cardinal Ritter has never given us a SLU player, right? I personally hope we get help for Manning at the true five-in the way of a Big, burly Juco that only wants to rebound. We did get a few minutes of twin towers last game but they need to work on the impact that could present in the way of mismatch.

I was home watching Wisconsin. My post was about 2:00 this morning, now I am awake and remember, thanks, I think by second semester we will be fine and see little drop off from this year's team. It will take a year to play it out. I am hoping that this 11-2 team does better in the A-10 but from what I read we will have unexpected competition from 4 or more teams not just VCU as would have been expected after the finish of last season's tournament.

The bar is a lot higher, expectations are near at hand and we are all very anxious from our precipice. Cardinal Ritter has never given us a SLU player, right? I personally hope we get help for Manning at the true five-in the way of a Big, burly Juco that only wants to rebound. We did get a few minutes of twin towers last game but they need to work on the impact that could present in the way of mismatch.

Cam, was redshirting because of Academics at Notre Dame. He has not even practiced with the team this year. So if he is coming to SLU, it will be challenging for him. Plus, his dad has wanted him to go to Mizzou from the get go. SLu is better off with out him and Mizzzou I could car less about. He has been released

Cam, was redshirting because of Academics at Notre Dame. He has not even practiced with the team this year. So if he is coming to SLU, it will be challenging for him. Plus, his dad has wanted him to go to Mizzou from the get go. SLu is better off with out him and Mizzzou I could car less about. He has been released

Cam redshirted when it became clear that Brey wasn't going to start him. The academic stuff is BS. It wasn't said at the time Cam decided to redshirt. It is only been brought up since it became clear to everyone at ND that it was his intention to transfer.

Volfan, with all your inside info on SLU and ND, can you give us an update on this post:

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19075&hl=volfan#entry235372

So much wrong with this post. Its clear what his motive is.

volfan has the lowest "Accurate Information" batting average in billikens.com history. If he does wind up going to Mizzou, it will have been a lucky guess. Everything elsein that post, as Westy says, is wrong.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I think all of the young kids have talent, but the don't have the experience/cohesiveness that the 5 seniors have. We're talking about a team next year of mostly freshmen, sophomores, and junior transfers rather than seniors who've gotten starters minutes together for 4 years.

As far as criticizing your punctuation/spelling over actually discussing basketball and the team, I think I'll stick to the latter.

You point is still valid, but you are wrong about Wisconsin. We did not play them at home and we never led. It was a neutral site game in Mexico.

Incorrect.

"15-13 08:48 Layup by McCall Jr.,Mike." Unfortunately, that was the last lead the Bills had.

I'm pretty sure Julian Winfield came from Ritter.

The way I understand this (from the Tom Noie article), is he still hasn't been granted a release. This letter just lets him contact schools. ND could still decide not to give him his release or decide not to release him to any specific school of their choosing after Cam makes contact.

There is no "release" to be given. That is only if you transfer during your first year of eligibility and are still subject to NLI contract. All Notre Dame can do is grant him permission to contact now. Notre Dame can restrict certain schools, say other ACC schools but Cam can also appeal any restrictions. If you are past your freshman giving you permission to contact seals the deal that you are transferring.

And he transferred to Mizzou, we have no chance....

Julian transferred to Kansas, initially, after his dad was fired as SLU assistant coach when Biondi forced Debbie Yow to remove Rich Grawer from the head-coaching position. Julian opted for Mizzou only because Norm Stewart was smart enough to bring Lee Winfield onto his staff. (Had Lee gotten a job with a school that didn't regularly play Kansas, Julian would have honored his commitment to KU.)

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part, but doesn't the presence of Calbert Cheaney on SLU coaching staff give SLU at least a chance with Biedscheid?

Julian transferred to Kansas, initially, after his dad was fired as SLU assistant coach when Biondi forced Debbie Yow to remove Rich Grawer from the head-coaching position. Julian opted for Mizzou only because Norm Stewart was smart enough to bring Lee Winfield onto his staff. (Had Lee gotten a job with a school that didn't regularly play Kansas, Julian would have honored his commitment to KU.)

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part, but doesn't the presence of Calbert Cheaney on SLU coaching staff give SLU at least a chance with Biedscheid?

As does being the only major basketball program in his hometown.