Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

+1 Had we had a 3 point shooter these past two (2) years, our team would have been even that much better.

As to Cam, part of me really would like to have him. At the same time, sorry, but I get turned off by the overly involved, unrealistic, meddling and pushy parents who dominate and ruin select sports. I have no personal knowledge of Cam and/or his parents and have no idea if they are these types of parents. At the same time, I know these parents are out there as I have seen them with my own children sports, other posters with personal knowledge and insight have suggest that Cam's father is a problem, the events these past six (6) months have certainly been unusual and I really don't want SLU to be "safe" choice for every local recruit who feels they can leave town for the greener pastures and then return to us with open arms when they realize the grass is not so green.

As to Cam's experience at ND, no doubt he would enjoy being a student/kid on campus. Unless you have been to ND's campus, you just won't know -- and for the record, I did not go to school at ND. In short, the campus is beautiful and peaceful with everything a student would want from top-notch academics, awesome buildings/classrooms, dorms with short walks (except for those on the other side of the lake) to wherever needed, strong intramural/student activities with open space/gyms to nationally ranked sports programs with equally impressive facilities. Despite all the activities , events and "big-time" feel, the campus is small and intimate. Kids like Cam could enjoy not only having ESPN broadcast on campus before football games with all the activity of a home football game but also could stop by and watch either the nationally ranked D1 hockey team or the club hockey team at one of the best hockey facilities in the country. ND has more and better activities from world renowned speakers coming to campus to their "lesser" sports such as rowing/crew to the curling team on their international sized ice rink. Realistically, the ND experience blows away anything either SLU or Mizzou can offer.

At the same time, I fully realize that kids like Cam pick their college for the basketball opportunities offered to them. Dreams of the NBA are all that matter as this is yet another step along the way which probably started with multiple select teams, 2 to 4 games each weekend, practices nearly each day of the work week, long drives to tournaments and countless sacrifices dating back to 4th grade. Maybe the ND experience has caused Cam to realize there are other things to life than basketball so his parents are now reminding him of the preset path they have drawn up for him to reach the NBA. It's all about basket ball. To that end, SLU team, coaches, incoming recruits and Chaifetz do stack up quite nicely. If SLU has better playing opportunities and can better allow him to reach this goal of the NBA, then great. If Cam wants to be a Billiken, then welcome aboard. At the same time, if only Cam's parents want him to be a Billiken, then no thanks.

Wow

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But did we really lose?

He scored 16.9 ppg while shooting over 40 percent from 3 taking over 8 attempts a game. Imagine Clarke taking Barnett's minutes last year, and giving a little more rest to Mike, Jordair and Kwamain. That might have been the best backcourt in the NCAA.

Anderson could have blocked Clark from Missouri without blocking SLU - my guess is that Anderson had gone against us for players and he did not want to chance loosing a kid in the future to us by making us better. If Missouri is tampering then I would think that could be dealt with easily enough by just stopping any kid from transferring there. Can not a kid contact a school and on his own and take his own tour? - I know the school can not do that first nor really talk to him specifically. When would a kid have to be enrolled at SLU to be considered the spring semester as being part of his sit out?

I understand why people want to express some modest concerns about taking a transfer, but IMO the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Consider:

- Cam would be the highest rated recruit out of highschool to play with the Bills since... Larry Hughes

- Cam fits in perfectly with what this team needs going forward (a high scoring small forward)

- Once a kid has transferred, he has less leverage and the influence of meddling parents isn't as important

- He's local and people ***** all the time that we don't have enough local kids.

This is an absolute no-brainer for us to go after and hopefully get. I know this is all I want for Christmas (or shortly thereafter).

- He's local and people ***** all the time that we don't have enough local kids.

This is an absolute no-brainer for us to go after and hopefully get. I know this is all I want for Christmas (or shortly thereafter).

It's hard to get more local for SLU than Cardinal Ritter...

I understand why people want to express some modest concerns about taking a transfer, but IMO the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Consider:

- Cam would be the highest rated recruit out of highschool to play with the Bills since... Larry Hughes

- Cam fits in perfectly with what this team needs going forward (a high scoring small forward)

- Once a kid has transferred, he has less leverage and the influence of meddling parents isn't as important

+1,000

With the uncertainty about moving to the Big East and the graduation of five starters (including the some of the winningest players in program history), next season will be a very fluid season in what has been a strong run for the Bills. Adding McBroom and Yacobou has helped to stabilize that ship somewhat, but adding Cam would be the best pick-up we've had so far.

Suddenly, instead of completely rebuilding, we could reload our squad with two big, athletic wings in Cam and Ash. Then Between Manning, Agbeko, Lancona, Glaze and maybe even Jolly, our frontcourt would have some upside as well. This would help ease the freshmen in somewhat and would give us more experience and scoring punch. While I wouldn't predict it, I could certainly see that team making an NCAA run.

Then, moving forward, the Billikens would have a 6'7" wing from St. Louis who was a lights-out shooter with the ability to score all over the floor. Cam would be our first legitimate NBA prospect in years and would help keep the Billikens talent level at an high level for the next two seasons after.

As to Cam's experience at ND, no doubt he would enjoy being a student/kid on campus. Unless you have been to ND's campus, you just won't know -- and for the record, I did not go to school at ND. In short, the campus is beautiful and peaceful with everything a student would want from top-notch academics, awesome buildings/classrooms, dorms with short walks (except for those on the other side of the lake) to wherever needed, strong intramural/student activities with open space/gyms to nationally ranked sports programs with equally impressive facilities.

Don't forget at least three of my dead relatives. You should always include them on your campus tour. ;)

Metz makes his return with a bad joke...how fitting

Merry Christmas to you, as well. Can you explain how that's bad? It's combining factual information with a "Home Alone 2" reference. Very fitting, I'd say. But I guess that's your theory.

I hate to feel optimistic about this one, but It seems hard that he and his father do not see the opportunity at SLU. One almost has to feel that it is part of the reason driving the transfer. We made bigger headlines than Notre Dame or Mizzou last year.

His dad is a nut case he is getting in twitter wars with ND fans. Dan Has no clue what he is doing to his son's future. He is just an overprotective dad that is living his hoop dreams through his son. Getting Cam would be great but we will not see him until the 2015-2016 season. That's a long time and it might be a blessing for Cam to mature and learn how to play some defense and work on his academics

His dad is a nut case he is getting in twitter wars with ND fans. Dan Has no clue what he is doing to his son's future. He is just an overprotective dad that is living his hoop dreams through his son. Getting Cam would be great but we will not see him until the 2015-2016 season. That's a long time and it might be a blessing for Cam to mature and learn how to play some defense and work on his academics

Incorrect. He will be eligible in December 2014, provided he enrolls for the spring semester. And that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be right when it starts, either. Some courses begin later in the semester.