Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like no news over the next day or so would be good news.

For sure. But we need to get him in campus very soon. We play in Rhode Island Tuesday and we're staying on the road for Dayton next Saturday so I'd say Saturday and Sunday might be our only chances to bring him in. Unless he's visited already and went unreported because it was so local

Sounds like no news over the next day or so would be good news.

Except that he managed to visit Mizzou but they can't figure out a time to skip on down to Chaifetz?

Bring the kid to the Yale game, wine and dine after, and get a commitment Sunday morning. Not difficult.

The kid can play for a couple of used car salesmen in Haith and Fuller who have won as many NCAA Tourney games as I have or he can stay closer to home and play for a real basketball coach and be mentored by one of the greatest players in Big 10 history/13-year NBA player. The choice should be clear, but I'm not overly optimistic.

While he very well may be a very good recruiter, I think some on here may be overrating the name recognition of Calbert Cheaney. As someone who is the same age as Cameron and older than all of the high school kids we recruit, I can safely say his playing career was a little before our time. Not saying his NBA pedigree isn't important or beneficial, but it isn't like these guys all hear the name "Calbert Cheaney" and immediately become interested.

While he very well may be a very good recruiter, I think some on here may be overrating the name recognition of Calbert Cheaney. As someone who is the same age as Cameron and older than all of the high school kids we recruit, I can safely say his playing career was a little before our time. Not saying his NBA pedigree isn't important or beneficial, but it isn't like these guys all hear the name "Calbert Cheaney" and immediately become interested.

Unfortunately I agree. I think it really helps once he starts talking to the recruits but I don't know that it is as attention grabbing as some make it out to be

+1

I'm 28, didn't start caring about sports until the late 90s. I'll admit I had never heard of Calbert Cheney until he was hired here. He finished his IU career in 1993. High school seniors graduating in 2013 were born in 94 or 95.

True. Recruits' parents - especially in the state of Indiana - are much more likely to be familiar with Cheaney, which certainly doesn't hurt when it comes to landing those all-important living room meetings.

+1

I'm 28, didn't start caring about sports until the late 90s. I'll admit I had never heard of Calbert Cheney until he was hired here. He finished his IU career in 1993. High school seniors graduating in 2013 were born in 94 or 95.

I think his name would have cache with kids inside Indiana and especially their parents. Outside of Indiana not so much.

True. Recruits' parents - especially in the state of Indiana - are much more likely to be familiar with Cheaney, which certainly doesn't hurt when it comes to landing those all-important living room meetings.

I think his name would have cache with kids inside Indiana and especially their parents. Outside of Indiana not so much.

I must have been reading your mind.

I'm not saying it would close the deal, but if a player has pro aspirations and I'm a parent in that situation, certainly I would be a lot more impressed with a Calbert than a used car salesman type.

Those guys always crack me up. Especially Makeshift who believes every person in the St. Louis media has made it their primary objective in life to hate everything about Mizzou.

Cusumano LOVES Haith... even after all of the scandals and NCAA Tourney flamouts.

Those guys always crack me up. Especially Makeshift who believes every person in the St. Louis media has made it their primary objective in life to hate everything about Mizzou.

Every fan base has a group that thinks the media and the refs are against them. Even when it is in no way justified.

I cannot figure out how to read that board efficiently. Do you have to click on every single response, wait for it to load, just to find some two word comment from one of those dipshits?

I'm in my 40s and had no idea who Calbert Cheaney was until we hired him.

I cannot figure out how to read that board efficiently. Do you have to click on every single response, wait for it to load, just to find some two word comment from one of those dipshits?

It's a huge cluster fug.

I found many of the comments about SLU to be surprisingly respectful.

It's a huge cluster fug.

I found many of the comments about SLU to be surprisingly respectful.

The poster HissingPrigs has said some solid things in that thread, most importantly that SLU is very much still involved with CB.

The poster MUTGR used to post on here all the time but stopped about 5 years ago. He's got a law degree from SLU so he's a relatively intelligent person but his hard-on hate of SLU is something else.