Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

Exactly.

The SL Post has finessed SLU for 40+ years that I know of... and also overhyped and kissed Missouri University's ass galore.

Small minds cannot always detect the subtleties, the implications, the backhand compliments, that we see all of the time.

Though even small minds have to notice MU on the front page, a photo of a graceful MU player taking a jump shot in color, and the same day SLU on the 6th page with a black and white picture of a Billiken in a clumsy position as the ball slips through his hands, his eyes looking in the wrong direction. The MU shills have to be laughing their asses off when they go over the top like that.... but mostly, it is subtle carefully worded propaganda, every single time.

It goes well beyond the proportions of the population that went to Missouri, it is about warped journalism, misinformation, spinning, favoritism.

I know "Tee-hee" Bonwich will tell us differently, go down with the ship, but nope, that is how it has been for 40+ years.

Perhaps you missed it, but I jumped ship quite a while ago.

Nonetheless, while I was still assisting in arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, I watched sports pages being put together, I knew the people who did it, and I can say with absolute certainty that any suggestion that any photographer, editor or layout artist picked photos based on making one team look good and another look bad is completely delusional -- or at least it was based on the past 12 years.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about what the newspapers are writing or not writing about? They are hemorrhaging subscribers and advertisers. The majority of readership left is old enough that they've made up their mind on the merits of SLU v Spumac.

Can we at least shift to a Biedscheid related topic? Cardinal Ritter v other Catholic High schools perhaps?

Who cares about what the newspapers are writing or not writing about? They are hemorrhaging subscribers and advertisers. The majority of readership left is old enough that they've made up their mind on the merits of SLU v Spumac.

Can we at least shift to a Biedscheid related topic? Cardinal Ritter v other Catholic High schools perhaps?

Cardinal Ritter vs Champion Baptist

who ya got?

I say Ritter 105 CB 28

As newspapers spin out of control toward their total demise they flounder around and end up losing the people that were buying papers in the first place. Once or twice one looks for something in paper and when striking out turns to the web and a few clicks later you find it and paper becomes less relevant. I got 3 papers a day for 20 some years but one at a time I've quit them with Post being last. The waste of the paper and all of that is reason enough but their constant changing and dumbing down of paper itself makes it lot less desirable product.

You do know that the paper they use for newsprint is either recycled or comes from a tree farm that grows it for that express purpose - nothing is being wasted.

Nonetheless, while I was still assisting in arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, I watched sports pages being put together, I knew the people who did it, and I can say with absolute certainty that any suggestion that any photographer, editor or layout artist picked photos based on making one team look good and another look bad is completely delusional -- or at least it was based on the past 12 years.

"Tee-he":

Yes, I know you are mostly gone from The Post, but you almost always support & defend their position.

This is not delusional, you are in denial.

Hell, I remember there was a picture exactly as I described of Kyle Cassity on the floor on his butt, looked like an idiot, and the same day there was a MU player on the front page in color, looked like Michael Jordan's form... and that was not 12 years ago. Both teams won.

Yes the bias has diminished compared to 20-40 years ago when the sports department was dominated by foo-foo Missouri journalism grads, it used to be a lot more blatant.

You point out that some of the individuals involved are not biased but they are following orders. "We follow orders, or people die. It is just that simple". Most companies operate that way. And a one sided agenda in several key departments driven by one agenda only is what ruined the paper. Not just the internet. The spin, the misleading headlines, the content is SO biased it is outrageous.

Food & restaurant sections were fine, though. :)

Joe, nice little blurb about you coming back to St. Louis Magazine. Look forward to reading your stuff.

Even as a Mizzou fan, I'm still on the fence regarding Frank Haith. Some Mizzou fans want to run him out of town already -- never liked him -- and some appear to want to anoint him for sainthood. I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't think he's dirty or scum, like some of you here believe in knee-jerk fashion, but I certainly don't think he's super-honorable or a choir boy. I have my doubts that he will get Mizzou to the "Promised Land."

I feel bad for those of you who choose to be exclusionary and rationalize that anyone else is a bandwagon fan. We all get to make our own choices, and just because one person makes choices another person rejects doesn't make the first person wrong. I've been closely following and rooting for both Mizzou and SLU for over 20 years, and you can take a flying leap if you think that means I don't deserve to be able to celebrate the success (or bemoan the lack of success) of either or both programs.

You are once again out of touch. Those who believe Haith is dirty is not based on some "knee jerk" reaction. There is plenty of evidence to support it. Even before he coached one game, he had this gem - http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/article_30dda4d8-768c-5771-b7a9-b8baef5a514f.html I'm sure he didn't lie to the Mizzou staff member and it was all a big misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

Then he got busted by the NCAA for lying to them about Shapiro. He also had Pitt refuse to allow a player to transfer to Mizzou due to tampering. And then the whole Michael Dixon cover-up. That's all within under three years. Quite a few people have the perception he is dirty, not just us "knee jerk" Mizzou haters - http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24122356/how-can-haith-get-this-penalty-when-pearl-got-that-penalty

I have no problem with somebody being a fan of both Mizzou and SLU. Most people I think feel the same way with the exception of a few extremists. I know you feel like a victim and that you get picked on, but what gets you in trouble is that your Mizzou loyalty clouds your judgement on BILLIKENS.COM. Defending Mizzou trolls as a mod over Billiken fans who were tired of their act is not going to win you many friends on BILLIKNES.COM. Getting bent out of shape when some folks here use the term SPUMAC is again not going to go over very well on BILLIKENS.COM. Calling Mizzou a scandal plagued university in an undeniable fact. I earlier rattled off a few scandals from the last couple years and that's not even talking about Kalen Grimes, Stefhon Hannah and the team brawl, Paige Laurie Arena, Quin Snyder doing blow, Quin Snyder doing Kleiza's girlfriend, Ricky Clemons, Tony Harvey and the list seems to be endless throughout their history. Know your audience. You're on BILLIKENS.COM

RUBillsFan summed it up best "I'm fine with anyone who wants to follow and root for other teams. Just don't come on the Billikens message board talking about your other team."

You are once again out of touch. Those who believe Haith is dirty is not based on some "knee jerk" reaction. There is plenty of evidence to support it. Even before he coached one game, he had this gem - http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/article_30dda4d8-768c-5771-b7a9-b8baef5a514f.html I'm sure he didn't lie to the Mizzou staff member and it was all a big misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

Then he got busted by the NCAA for lying to them about Shapiro. He also had Pitt refuse to allow a player to transfer to Mizzou due to tampering. And then the whole Michael Dixon cover-up. That's all within under three years. Quite a few people have the perception he is dirty, not just us "knee jerk" Mizzou haters - http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24122356/how-can-haith-get-this-penalty-when-pearl-got-that-penalty

I have no problem with somebody being a fan of both Mizzou and SLU. Most people I think feel the same way with the exception of a few extremists. I know you feel like a victim and that you get picked on, but what gets you in trouble is that your Mizzou loyalty clouds your judgement on BILLIKENS.COM. Defending Mizzou trolls as a mod over Billiken fans who were tired of their act is not going to win you many friends on BILLIKNES.COM. Getting bent out of shape when some folks here use the term SPUMAC is again not going to go over very well on BILLIKENS.COM. Calling Mizzou a scandal plagued university in an undeniable fact. I earlier rattled off a few scandals from the last couple years and that's not even talking about Kalen Grimes, Stefhon Hannah and the team brawl, Paige Laurie Arena, Quin Snyder doing blow, Quin Snyder doing Kleiza's girlfriend, Ricky Clemons, Tony Harvey and the list seems to be endless throughout their history. Know your audience. You're on BILLIKENS.COM

RUBillsFan summed it up best "I'm fine with anyone who wants to follow and root for other teams. Just don't come on the Billikens message board talking about your other team."

Backhand is a big fan of ACE, well said. Is it time to play "name your favorite Mizzou criminal" yet!?

Didn't he already visit over the weekend? If so, this is not very good news...

I think this is his visit to Mizzou that was written about days ago, I don't think this is a return trip. At least it is not a big football weekend at Mizzou, I think he committed to ND after he visited on a football weekend.

I think this is his visit to Mizzou that was written about days ago, I don't think this is a return trip. At least it is not a big football weekend at Mizzou, I think he committed to ND after he visited on a football weekend.

If he went to a ND football weekend then to a SPUMAC football weekend he'd be extremely underwhelmed.