Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

He could easily average around 20 if he plays to the level expected. He would be the clear number one option on a team with no established scoring option compared with 3 established senior scoring options this year. The tempo that the team plays at has increased each year under Crews and will continue to increase next year as the team becomes more a Jim Crews team. More processions means more scoring opportunities.

Plus, what did Dwayne average during conference play on a team with multiple scoring options? 16? There was a streak there when he was putting up 20+ consistently

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the semester starts a week from Monday, when is the deadline for CB to make a decision? (That is if he chooses slu, I don't think mizzou starts until the 20th)

The deadline is actually later than the beginning of the semester, just as it is for regular students -- though it does make for some catch-up work. Moreover, there are some classes that begin later in the semester than January 13. I guess some of you don't recall what they were saying about Cody Ellis in September 2009 when they were trying diligently to get him cleared by the NCAA in time for him to play the first semester.

Don't think this necessarily means slu is out on CB. Rather Calbert reached out and it's basically whoever commits first scenario.

Or we just reached out to see if there's any interest at all. I highly doubt we have much of a shot with Fischer.

How many centers can we have on the team?

I know your question may be rhetorical, but I thought it was interesting anyway.

Manning would be a senior. Fischer would be a sophomore. Jolly and Gillmann would be freshmen. One of the two incoming recruits (perhaps Gillmann would be a year younger) could definitely redshirt. The other would probably just get spot minutes as they would play behind the older two. That would leave the bulk of the minutes for Fischer and Manning, though it's worth noting that Fischer would not not be able to play until the conference season.

Also, all of these big guys apparently have pretty good shooting touch. I'm sure two of them could play at the same time in certain cases.

Apparently Barnett is above this theory.

Apparently Crawford and Lancona are not above it. I'm a little concerned about Lancona. His father said he was not concerned about him starting as long as he got playing time. That is not happening on a regular basis, although there may be a legitimate reason for it. It seems they should have redshirted Crawford. His freshman year is being wasted, imo. However, there is probably a good reason for that also.

Apparently Crawford and Lancona are not above it. I'm a little concerned about Lancona. His father said he was not concerned about him starting as long as he got playing time. That is not happening on a regular basis, although there may be a legitimate reason for it. It seems they should have redshirted Crawford. His freshman year is being wasted, imo. However, there is probably a good reason for that also.

I don't think we should have redshirted Crawford. If and when he is ready to contribute, he will play. But are any of us clamoring for an extra year of Manning or Glaze? Players are meant to come through for 4 years. The only time I really think a redshirt should be used is with a kid who has a really high ceiling but needs a lot of time to develop. Crawford's ceiling doesn't seem worth that treatment to me.

I don't think we should have redshirted Crawford. If and when he is ready to contribute, he will play. But are any of us clamoring for an extra year of Manning or Glaze? Players are meant to come through for 4 years. The only time I really think a redshirt should be used is with a kid who has a really high ceiling but needs a lot of time to develop. Crawford's ceiling doesn't seem worth that treatment to me.

You have not seen him play enough. Why would you think that? His high school coach, who has seen him play, thinks he has a high ceiling. I believe he can be a lot better than Barnett, although that may not be saying a lot.

You have not seen him play enough. Why would you think that? His high school coach, who has seen him play, thinks he has a high ceiling. I believe he can be a lot better than Barnett, although that may not be saying a lot.

Crawford is 6'3"-6'4" and he is not overly quick. He seems like a decent shooter. I'm sure his ballhandling and passing can improve. But that is not the type of player who will make incredible gains over 4 years. Those players are usually raw, athletic specimens who just need more strength or more basketball, neither of which really defines Crawford.

I know your question may be rhetorical, but I thought it was interesting anyway.

Manning would be a senior. Fischer would be a sophomore. Jolly and Gillmann would be freshmen. One of the two incoming recruits (perhaps Gillmann would be a year younger) could definitely redshirt. The other would probably just get spot minutes as they would play behind the older two. That would leave the bulk of the minutes for Fischer and Manning, though it's worth noting that Fischer would not not be able to play until the conference season.

Also, all of these big guys apparently have pretty good shooting touch. I'm sure two of them could play at the same time in certain cases.

I want the kid. I want the most talent we can get. The thing is somebody will have to go. I don't think you can have 7 of your 13 spots filled by 4 and 5s.