Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

I root for two teams: SLU and whoever plays Mizzou. Oh, and I am a big KU fan and an Illini fan. That said, I was excoriated on this board for professing to cheer for another team so I fly under the radar when it comes to other teams on this board.

as you should for your KU fandom. Remember they had a map color coded for highest fan favorite in sweet 16? a few years back and KU was favorite over like half the country so you are not alone there. I like Illinois too!

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I became a Billikens fan when I was about 9 yrs old, listening to the games on KMOX. Sometime in that era, I became a Mizzou fan when the high school star from my little town in the Ozarks went to play for the Tigers and became their all time leading scorer. I have been a loyal Billikens fan since Roland Grey and Monroe Douglas were Freshmen, and have missed very few games in all those years. I find it sad that I should not be allowed to be a fan of both teams. I am NOT THE ONE who doesn't deserve to be here to enjoy the Billikens success. RATHER IT IS THOSE WITH SMALL, NARROW MINDS.

+1 who was that fellow Ozarkian? guess I could google it but this thread's hot so may get answered quicker?!

I agree. Call for as many teams as you want but don't come on this board talking about how great frank haith is and expect people to be happy for your dual allegiances.

Serious and simple question for the fans of both schools: which school do you want Cam to got to? For these purposes assume we are the only two schools under consideration.

SLU. Not that I would be upset if he chose Mizzou. (Of course, I wouldn't be upset if he chose a third school, either. There's too much else to life to put too much emphasis on where a late adolescent chooses to ply his trade.)

Wow. That really started a ###### storm. Let me try to respond...First, like others on here have said, if you are a fan of another team, great! Honestly, I could care less. But why continue to bring them up on the BILLIKENS board? Absurd fan, you're the very worst at this. You literally bring Mizzou up at any time possible and its annoying as ######. That's why I always try to call you out for it.

I feel bad for those of you who choose to be exclusionary and rationalize that anyone else is a bandwagon fan. We all get to make our own choices, and just because one person makes choices another person rejects doesn't make the first person wrong. I've been closely following and rooting for both Mizzou and SLU for over 20 years, and you can take a flying leap if you think that means I don't deserve to be able to celebrate the success (or bemoan the lack of success) of either or both programs.

There's a famous line where Jay-Z says "Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" Did you read my post, and more importantly, the post I responded to? Because if you did you wouldn't have felt the need to respond like you did. Let me recap it for you: almaman said: "for those of you strict Bills fan only types I feel for you not having anyone else to root for in those "rare" years we aren't Big Dance worthy."

That seems right in like with the definition of a bandwagon (maybe fair weather?) fan to me. I did take a shot at Haith in the reply, but my reply was not intended for everyone who is a fan of any other team. If he honestly feels like he needs another team to root for when the Bills are bad, then no, he doesn't deserve to be around for our success.

I became a Billikens fan when I was about 9 yrs old, listening to the games on KMOX. Sometime in that era, I became a Mizzou fan when the high school star from my little town in the Ozarks went to play for the Tigers and became their all time leading scorer. I have been a loyal Billikens fan since Roland Grey and Monroe Douglas were Freshmen, and have missed very few games in all those years. I find it sad that I should not be allowed to be a fan of both teams. I am NOT THE ONE who doesn't deserve to be here to enjoy the Billikens success. RATHER IT IS THOSE WITH SMALL, NARROW MINDS.

No one is questioning your fan-hood, and I don't have a narrow mind. As I said above, my initial post was intended only for almaman, or anyone who has the same outlook on our down years.

I'm fine with anyone who wants to follow and root for other teams. Just don't come on the Billikens message board talking about your other team.

This. +1. Sums it up.

I think there is really just a void until something solid is released by CB or by one of the schools that is recruiting him. Could be awhile. That being said, the silly speculation was getting tiresome.

Wow. That really started a ###### storm. Let me try to respond...First, like others on here have said, if you are a fan of another team, great! Honestly, I could care less. But why continue to bring them up on the BILLIKENS board? Absurd fan, you're the very worst at this. You literally bring Mizzou up at any time possible and its annoying as ######. That's why I always try to call you out for it.

You're full of feces with this mess, and you know it. I rarely discuss Mizzou here, and even then only if someone else brings them up. You must have a selective memory.

And honest question: Do you Mizzou fans defend SLU when they get bashed on Tigerboard?

First of all, I post very little on Tigerboard. It's partly because I'm somewhat more amped up to discuss the Billikens than the Tigers, but it's mostly because the format of Tigerboard stinks. Yes, I do defend SLU on Tigerboard; as a result, almost none of them considers me to be a Tigers fan -- and I don't have any team icon-logo next to my handle. They basically treat me there worse than some of you do here. If I post on Tigerboard, they either "call me out" as a Billikens fan and point out that I'm a moderator here -- and also paranoidally (guess that's not a real word) accuse me of defending SLU even when my post has nothing to do with the Bills -- or they call me a "beaker" (Kansas fan)!

Earnest Ross is the only Haith transfer has played more than 2 semesters with the program. Oriahki and Bell were seniors, Jabari Brown was eligible 2nd semester. They made the tourney last yr and are ranked this yr. That would be success with transfers. You get 13 scholarships, most teams don't even play 10 guys. I think it it would be awesome if you could stockpile 2 high level transfers every year. They could make all the difference

I can't believe there are posters questioning whether Alumni or Absurd are real Billiken fans.

From reading this board over the years Absurd has made it clear he followed Mizzou but I can't remember a time where he stated or even made me feel like he was putting them over SLU. In fact many, many times he's stated he follows SLU more closely and I believe he's said he'd root for SLU in a Mizzou vs SLU game. He's from here and follows college basketball but didn't go to SLU or Mizzou so I don't see whats wrong with him discussing SLU here and still being a Mizzou fan

I never would have guessed Alumni followed anyone but SLU and am truly shocked that someone could question his love or loyalty of SLU

Well so much for the CB talk

Back to that; I know he's a high level recruit but my ? is I am guessing he is not a one or done guy or he'd be talking NBA. If he transfers is it assumable that he would be there through senior yea? On the thinking of which school (us And BCCC)what your all thoughts on what if any difference it would make for his NBA hopes. My feeling is on one and done prospects is that if they're good enough to go straight to pro but are being forced to take one year of NCAA before doing, it makes little difference where they do their time. I don't think Larry Hughes would of been any better or worse in NBA had he gone to Duke, or either KU's. If I was such a prospect I'd enjoy prospect of elevating a mid level school rather than going to a powerhouse loaded with similar talents. Even though Magic won the title I've always been more impressed with Larry B getting to the finals with the Sycamores.

I can't believe there are posters questioning whether Alumni or Absurd are real Billiken fans.

From reading this board over the years Absurd has made it clear he followed Mizzou but I can't remember a time where he stated or even made me feel like he was putting them over SLU. In fact many, many times he's stated he follows SLU more closely and I believe he's said he'd root for SLU in a Mizzou vs SLU game. He's from here and follows college basketball but didn't go to SLU or Mizzou so I don't see whats wrong with him discussing SLU here and still being a Mizzou fan

I never would have guessed Alumni followed anyone but SLU and am truly shocked that someone could question his love or loyalty of SLU

I agree with all you just wrote.

Back to that; I know he's a high level recruit but my ? is I am guessing he is not a one or done guy or he'd be talking NBA. If he transfers is it assumable that he would be there through senior yea? On the thinking of which school (us And BCCC)what your all thoughts on what if any difference it would make for his NBA hopes. My feeling is on one and done prospects is that if they're good enough to go straight to pro but are being forced to take one year of NCAA before doing, it makes little difference where they do their time. I don't think Larry Hughes would of been any better or worse in NBA had he gone to Duke, or either KU's. If I was such a prospect I'd enjoy prospect of elevating a mid level school rather than going to a powerhouse loaded with similar talents. Even though Magic won the title I've always been more impressed with Larry B getting to the finals with the Sycamores.

Even as a Mizzou fan, I'm still on the fence regarding Frank Haith. Some Mizzou fans want to run him out of town already -- never liked him -- and some appear to want to anoint him for sainthood. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Old news but still aggravating that we have a moderator who is a Mizzou fan; like when the USA gov't allowed Chinese working for our defense contractors, etc.

1) we will get Biedscheid

2) we will get into the new Big East... in a year or two. Then we will be in the big leagues. That is the main thing.

Missouri sucks. They get all the transfers they need because they have foo-foo dumb jock courses for football knuckleheads, so they can easily get any nitwit in school to play hoops, as necessary.

I don't think he is looked at currently as a NBA player, so he likely will be playing 2.5 (?) seasons wherever he goes. DraftExpress had him rated the #76 sophomore. His length and overall versatility at least puts him on the NBA radar I would think. Definitely needs to get stronger. The kid is a really nice talent, so hopefully he comes back home!

Alma

You are right in that it doesnt really matter in that if you have the talent you will make the nba. Garnett and kobe made it and have been stars without any college coaching. The one and done guy really only needs playing time and exposure. A mid major or non BCS school might actually be better. At the same time, had Larry gone to Duke instead of SLU maybe he would have realized his limitations sooner. Also maybe he would have realized he was not as good as he thought he was (maybe not the best on duke s team) and would have stayed 2 years in college. Then again, with his mother, his sick brother and their finances, Larry was probably gone anyway.

And honest question: Do you Mizzou fans defend SLU when they get bashed on Tigerboard?

Im a Mizzou fan but dont care enough about them to post on their measage board.

I also like Michigan, UCLA, Arizona, and jump on and off bandwagons for UNC, Duke, and a few other name programs depending on their players.

Ive jumped on the Ol'Miss bandwagon last ear and this year because I love watching that crazy bastard Marshal Henderson play.

I love watching college basketball but I like to have a rooting intrest in what Im watching so I pick teams to root for. Some of these teams I follow for a year or two(Ol'Miss), other Ive followed for 20+ years. (Mizzou, Michigan)

All these teams come second to SLU but I still conaider myself a fan of other programs.

Just for the record I think this is the first time I have ever mentioned Mizzou on this board.

I may follow them but I also know not to post about them on here.

I also find the clever bashing of Mizzou on here entertaining.

Just my 2 cents on a rather idiotic discussion.

This article was just posted on stltoday: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/biedscheid-in-touch-with-mizzou-plans-to-visit/article_89cf84a7-d103-53d6-8bd0-27daa3dabde6.html.

It says he plans to visit Missouri in the near future but about halfway down the article, it also states: Biedscheid is also considering Saint Louis University, the source confirmed.