UD is 25

slu72

I'm happy UD is #25 and UMass is ranked. We need these teams ranked for good wins later in the season. As people have rightly pointed out, we've blown our opportunities for high quality non-conference wins.

Remember last year when Butler and VCU were ranked early in the year. How did that work out for them when they played SLU?

UMass (A) is a legit team...I would rank them...Dayton (A-) ...I would not rank them yet....The Bills and VCU are both better teams at this point than the Flyers

If UMass played UD at the Fetz today ....it would be UMass by 4 not to mention the Bills and VCU would win over UD. But as others have pointed out it is good they are ranked. It helps us more when we beat them.

This is what happens when you actually beat someone. Nobody to blame but ourselves.

Agreed. We shortchanged ourselves by playing nothing but cupcakes prior to UW. Both UMass and UD had the good sense to put some challenges in their early schedule, ie mid level BCS teams. We played down to our early competition and weren't ready for the intensity of a UW. As for WSU, bad shooting and poor rebounding killed us there. I'm really glad we're not getting UMass until really late.

UMass (A) is a legit team...I would rank them...Dayton (A-) ...I would not rank them yet....The Bills and VCU are both better teams at this point than the Flyers

If UMass played UD at the Fetz today ....it would be UMass by 4 not to mention the Bills and VCU would win over UD. But as others have pointed out it is good they are ranked. It helps us more when we beat them.

I still don't get how SLU with a loss at home is A-.

It's nice to see that the stat models respect the Billikens, but it's hard to say that Dayton so far (only loss in Maui) would be behind SLU (loss at home and loss in Cancun).

Agreed. We shortchanged ourselves by playing nothing but cupcakes prior to UW. Both UMass and UD had the good sense to put some challenges in their early schedule, ie mid level BCS teams. We played down to our early competition and weren't ready for the intensity of a UW. As for WSU, bad shooting and poor rebounding killed us there. I'm really glad we're not getting UMass until really late.

Actually, I do not think our schedule has been that bad - all we had to do was beat WI and WSU - all doable and we would be right there. The problem is we did not beat them - by the way even if we had scheduled tougher OCC opponents who is to say we would have beaten them.

We need Dayton to be good all season for once. I'd really like to get some quality wins. Valpo sucks and Vandy just lost another player (this time to injury). So no great wins there. All we have left until conference season is "can't lose" games. Winning is expected. Losing hurts us a lot. Conference schedule isn't the most friendly but this team has too much experience to get phased on the road (I hope)

We need Dayton to be good all season for once. I'd really like to get some quality wins. Valpo sucks and Vandy just lost another player (this time to injury). So no great wins there. All we have left until conference season is "can't lose" games. Winning is expected. Losing hurts us a lot. Conference schedule isn't the most friendly but this team has too much experience to get phased on the road (I hope)

Yeah. Because SLU plays Dayton (and VCU & GMason) twice during conference play, it actually helps SLU for UD to do well in conference as well.

I think SLU could survive one more non-conference loss and by okay. A lot of folks were predicting 3 non-conference losses in the pre-season predictions thread. That being said, the rest of the games are ones that SLU should win.

Yeah. Because SLU plays Dayton (and VCU & GMason) twice during conference play, it actually helps SLU for UD to do well in conference as well.

I think SLU could survive one more non-conference loss and by okay. A lot of folks were predicting 3 non-conference losses in the pre-season predictions thread. That being said, the rest of the games are ones that SLU should win.

It would help seeding, but SLU is going to defend it's conference tourney title anyway, so in the end it won't matter with regard to making the tournament.

We could have better w/stood 3 losses had we beat either one of the ranked teams. Right now we're somewhat questionable, so another OOC loss to a non tourney bound team might hurt come March. But it won't matter if we win the A10 or the tourney, no easy feat it appears w/ the emergence of UD, UMass, and even GW got a vote.