Mike Crawford's debut against Wichita State

GOSLU68

If Tanner Lancona is nursing his ankle hurt inclast game and wrist it makes sense to me that MC would get some of those and Barnett's minutes if the guy Barnett has to guard is quicker.

Barnett gives us som extra fire power if he can get recognized and get to his spot but how do you not work MC into the mix?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually you are garbage. He on the other hand is a very nice young man who works hard, hustles and can shoot the ball while also being an excellent student. As he gets stronger he will be a nice player for the Bills. You are nothing and will never be anything else.

As he gets stronger? Jake is a fifth-year senior and I don't think he's getting any stronger than he is now, at least not while in a Bills uniform.

But yes he does all appear to be a hard worker and a good person. I am glad he represents slu well.

Barnett is garbage

If you mean he played like garbage in recent games specifically in the Wisconsin game, you are correct. Being a fifth year senior this is his game but he can certainly make the most of his experience and skill set to make a better showing in future games. Other than that he is a very nice young man who represents SLU very well.

Outside of a couple first half steals against Butler at home last year, I can't recall a time that Barnett has played well against a good opponent. And even Butler doesn't have as good of athletes as other top teams. He's a 5th year senior but I remember saying against Wisconsin, Oregon last year, and the conference tourney last year that he just looks and plays scared against good teams or in big games. He is a great representative of SLU off the court and he shot us back into the game vs SIUC and kept us in it vs ORU but I just want to see it against better competition. Shooters should be able to shoot against anyone and shooters should always be looking for their shot and I don't see that from Barnett against good teams. I honestly don't know if Crawford can do better but if Barnett is going to play scared out there then I want to at least see Crawford have a chance.

some of you guys are being way too hard on Jake, and really need to back off.

So he's had a bad stretch or 2; can you please inform me which player on the team so far has not ? ? ?

Already, in a couple games, when no one else could hit a barn with a bucket of water, he hit some crucial, timely 3's. he is second right now for the season on 3-pt %. I believe he leads the team in rebounds per minute. I think (as I predicted in another thread before the season) he will likely lead the team in a win or 2, and I stand by my prediction that at some point, he'll end up with 5 or 6 3's in some game this winter, and be player of the game. He has not, overall, "played like garbage" either, IMHO.

I just wonder what the heck is wrong with some of you, what you are looking at: and how old one must be mentally to call a great kid like Jake such a horrible name. Does it make you feel a little less like an idiot to call him names?? please, get a life.

So he's had a bad stretch or 2; can you please inform me which player on the team so far has not ? ? ?

Already, in a couple games, when no one else could hit a barn with a bucket of water, he hit some crucial, timely 3's. he is second right now for the season on 3-pt %. I believe he leads the team in rebounds per minute. I think (as I predicted in another thread before the season) he will likely lead the team in a win or 2, and I stand by my prediction that at some point, he'll end up with 5 or 6 3's in some game this winter, and be player of the game. He has not, overall, "played like garbage" either, IMHO.

I just wonder what the heck is wrong with some of you, what you are looking at: and how old one must be mentally to call a great kid like Jake such a horrible name. Does it make you feel a little less like an idiot to call him names?? please, get a life.

Name calling is not acceptable but I would say JB has had more then a bad stretch or 2 - he has not had very many good stretches during his time here. He is over matched and whether MC is the answer or not who knows but I do know what we are getting from JB and it is not very good.

I'm really hoping to see more of MC as well. For being a Mr Basketball candidate in Indiana, How have we not seen more of what he has to offer? ( Yes I realize there are a lot of players to choose from, and I cant say I was any more excited about him than TL or RA, but that's some pretty fine grooming to only be receiving a minute or two of cleanup time.)

Also regarding JB not showing up in big games, I really really hope I'm on here eating my words tomorrow. Early in the season (especially SIUC) JB looked like he was shooting with unbelievable confidence. Then against Wisconsin, he doesn't look confident with the ball at all. I just want to see that confidence no matter who we are playing. Like I said, hopefully he really steps up tomorrow and gives us a huge spark off the bench with a couple of big 3s and then I can take from everyone on here for the rest of the week.

SLU likely would not have won the SIUC game without Jake's performance near the end of the half.

And if Jake actually shoots the ball, maybe we beat Wisconsin.

I know nobody played well in the Wisconsin game, but if you're going to say Jake is the reason we beat SIUC, despite Evans scoring 11 points in the last 6 minutes and McCall scoring 19 points then I think you can call out Jake in the Wisconsin game.