ESPN Iz Dum

Bizziken

What can VCU gain/prove at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off?

Dana O'Neil: The Rams can gain bonus points with the selection committee. Sans Saint Louis, Xavier, Temple and Butler, the Atlantic 10 isn't quite what it used to be, so wins there will be good but not great. Possible matchups with Michigan and Georgetown will go a lot further to cementing the Rams as a great team now and a solid seed come March.

Am I missing something?

Also, Eamonn 'the Demon' Brennan said this in another article:

'VCU looks like a bonafide Final Four-level team, and is still creating turnovers at a massive rate (29 percent) despite the NCAA's new hand-checking rules. It should be said that frequent grumbles from opposing coaches suggested that the Rams' press only works because it's so physically aggressive.. Maybe not so much?'

Can we not anoint VCU as a 'bonafide Final Four-level team' until they've played a few more games? For $hit's sake, it's been 3 games...I could use a big, steaming bowl of not this all year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a big difference between declaring VCU a 'bonafide Final Four-level team' unsolicited and having us included in a Final Four Sleeper list.

What can VCU gain/prove at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off?

Dana O'Neil: The Rams can gain bonus points with the selection committee. Sans Saint Louis, Xavier, Temple and Butler, the Atlantic 10 isn't quite what it used to be, so wins there will be good but not great. Possible matchups with Michigan and Georgetown will go a lot further to cementing the Rams as a great team now and a solid seed come March.

Am I missing something?

Also, Eamonn 'the Demon' Brennan said this in another article:

'VCU looks like a bonafide Final Four-level team, and is still creating turnovers at a massive rate (29 percent) despite the NCAA's new hand-checking rules. It should be said that frequent grumbles from opposing coaches suggested that the Rams' press only works because it's so physically aggressive.. Maybe not so much?'

Can we not anoint VCU as a 'bonafide Final Four-level team' until they've played a few more games? For ****'s sake, it's been 3 games...I could use a big, steaming bowl of not this all year.

And we were confused enough what conference the Billikens are playing in already. How many conference tournaments can we make at one time this year?

You guys can't say anything bad about Dana or the sexism police will attack you. I forget who the poor soul was that pointed out she wasn't a great sportswriter a little while back, but he got ripped a new one. Dana's great!

I think the issue was when someone generalized that all women were bad writers and/or dumb. You can rip on Dana all you want as long as you aren't saying she is a bad writer because she is a woman.

I think the issue was when someone generalized that all women were bad writers and/or dumb. You can rip on Dana all you want as long as you aren't saying she is a bad writer because she is a woman.

Where is MB73? I think he would have some good insights on this topic.

You guys can't say anything bad about Dana or the sexism police will attack you. I forget who the poor soul was that pointed out she wasn't a great sportswriter a little while back, but he got ripped a new one. Dana's great!

She very well could be terrible, but the poster in question said that women shouldn't be sportswriters. Big difference.

And we were confused enough what conference the Billikens are playing in already. How many conference tournaments can we make at one time this year?

They're both at the same time in New York. The guys can catch the subway to get back and forth from MSG and Barclays between games.

They're both at the same time in New York. The guys can catch the subway to get back and forth from MSG and Barclays between games.

It's a natural. They already like us at the Best Buy in Jersey. We can rest up there between games, watch the scouting video, send out for pizza, potable water. What's not to like ?

AMDG used Dana as an example to say that women are all illogical and should stay in the kitchen. If you think her writing is poor, or that she is illogical, that's fine. No need to put down any female bills fans who might be reading this forum.

Respectfully yours,

The sexism police

Dana had tons of positive things to say about SLU last year, including one of the very best pieces written on Majerus. She's actually one of the best writers ESPN.com has for basketball.

Just because her pick in the A10 this year is VCU we are supposed to hate her now??? That's moronic.

And the sexist jokes are even more-so.

If you want to talk like that go to the Tigerboard.

Dana had tons of positive things to say about SLU last year, including one of the very best pieces written on Majerus. She's actually one of the best writers ESPN.com has for basketball.

Just because her pick in the A10 this year is VCU we are supposed to hate her now??? That's moronic.

And the sexist jokes are even more-so.

If you want to talk like that go to the Tigerboard.

Wwhhhaattt?? I was poking fun because she stated we are no longer in the A10.

AMDG used Dana as an example to say that women are all illogical and should stay in the kitchen. If you think her writing is poor, or that she is illogical, that's fine. No need to put down any female bills fans who might be reading this forum.

Respectfully yours,

The sexism police

I'd say it was pretty clearly said in jest. A little distasteful, sure, but you shouldn't go to a comedy club or even watch TV if that offends you.