VCU@UVA

UK will be ok. Julius Randle is going to be scary good come tournament time. I thought that mobile home playing for Georgetown might end up being the best big in the country this year. Forget that, Randle is going to be better than advertised.

Yeah a different team came out in the 2nd half.

Not a lot of guys are going to be able to stop him 1 on 1 on the block.

But man I really hate KY.

I hope the entire team gets Lou Gehrig's disease.

I just hope McBroom learns from Jett and McCall how to get tough mentally and physically. He has a couple months to get seasoned for havoc.

I think he is pretty physically though. His finger was bent into an L shape and he seemed ready to go after having it pulled back into place.

And for all we know, he is menatally tough an exhibition game and a game against SEMO is not enough for me to say one way or the other.

You are right he needs to be tough, I just havent seen that he isnt.

Was rooting for UVa because my sister went there... Died at the charity stripe.

Our condolences, sounds like she died doing what she loved? Hope they stopped the game.

I enjoyed the pun. She is fine and alive in Madison, Wisconsin.

I only hope that our free throw shooting in clutch situations in better. It has been steadily getting better over the years. That @Butler game last year would have not been as close if we sunk some free buckets though.

Was rooting for UVa because my sister went there... Died at the charity stripe.

I think SLU will suffocate VCU in halfcourt defense and as we saw last year, our guards don't like it when you try to out physical them.

The ref's won't let either team get physical. Both teams have guards that like to drive and that could be a problem for both teams. Bench strength will be very important when they play each other.

Getting VCU into a basketball skills game again seems to be the way to go. Shannon looked huge at homre against an inferior Illinois State but no tso much so in Charlottesville. VCU shot 40% from the free throw line. Fou rguys had four fouls and team fouls totaled 27. 1Briante Weber's game once again appears all speed and pressure and any coach will tell you to beat a press you pass and get it to the middle. McBroom puts his head down and tries to use out an dout speed, VCU will win that.

Not that impressed with Virginia considering they were #24. Found myself in the typical rock-hard place: rooting for VCU as an A10er against rooting against VCU because, well, it's just hard to root for them, their style and Shaka.

Let us all remember that we will not be facing VCU until the later part of conference play. They will have time, as we will, to adjust their play to the new rules on fouls. Their victory over Virginia was more of a fluke with a dramatic 3 pointer in the last second of play, lucky them. As the Wiz has mentioned, both Virginia and VCU (we also) are A teams and when A teams play one another either team can win. Also as the Wiz has stated, as teams play during the season they will improve, in some cases teams will improve to greater extent than other teams starting at the same level. When we face VCU all of this will come into play. Who will improve the most, VCU or us?

I am very satisfied with Crews getting the freshmen out and trying all kinds of combinations of players. I think the depth of our bench and the experience the new people are gaining in actual play will be the crucial factors when we face VCU.