Bills by 20 over SIU-E

The Wiz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You had a dome?

SIUE's building seats just over 4,100. We may have a couple hundred fans there, tops.

With SIUE recently moving up to DI and SLU likely being their biggest game this season, I would hope they pack the Vadalabene Center.

I completed my MBA at SIUE this summer and will be at the game with my dad and brother-in-law who are also graduates of the SIUE business school, but all of us will be supporting the Billikens.

SIUE's roster looks pretty weak.

Interesting note from the official SLU release on the game:

• Jim Crews recruited SIUE head coach Lennox Forrester in 1989 when Crews was head coach at Evansville. Injuries prevented Forrester from playing for the Purple Aces, but he stayed on as a student assistant, administrative assistant and assistant coach under Crews.

Sounds like a Femi John type of situation. I had no idea Crews & Forrester had that connection. This helps explain why SLU was willing to do a home and home with SIUE.

I just realized I have no idea where this university is located or how to get there. Time to hit teh Googlez.

moran-7512.jpg

i had to use google image search to find that. i searched "moran". i would recommend doing the same search when you get a chance. it pays off.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&q=moran (HINT: that's a bunch of super slutty pictures of josie moran.)

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT.

Why? Your girlfriend told me she enjoys it!

(Totally gratuitous and unlike me)

Interesting note from the official SLU release on the game:

Sounds like a Femi John type of situation. I had no idea Crews & Forrester had that connection. This helps explain why SLU was willing to do a home and home with SIUE.

Wasn't the series already set up before Crews even got to SLU? And I thought it was a 2-for-1.

moran-7512.jpg

i had to use google image search to find that. i searched "moran". i would recommend doing the same search when you get a chance. it pays off.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&q=moran (HINT: that's a bunch of super slutty pictures of josie moran.)

When it comes to that side of the river, I'm familiar with Route 3 and little else.

Who is the guy playing ball?

Can he dunk?

Are we in on him?

Is it you?

Negative but we are in on current O'Fallon Jr. Donovan Franklin -- from the 2015 recruiting thread:

Donovan Franklin: O'Fallon, O'Fallon, IL - SG/SF: 6-5, 175. Offers: None. Interest: SLU, DePaul, Purdue, Mizzou, SIUC, Indiana State, Missouri State, Evansville, Valpo, NIU. Latest (9/27): Franklin played very well for the St. Louis Eagles on the AAU circuit. He had some high scoring nights for O'Fallon as a sophomore and will be the primary scorer this season as a junior. Billiken Roy called him the best player on a mediocre team, and a kid with serious potential. Franklin is a smooth, versatile wing said to be athletic, with great court vision and a good motor on defense.

Also the alma mater of Butler's Roosevelt Jones.

I've also heard that SIUE will be playing mostly zone defense. If SLU struggles shooting the 3 ball and lacks patience on offense, then it could be a lot closer than it should be just like the first half against SEMO.

I'm going to go with SLU by 22. I'll say 80-58.

If I was an opponent I would play a zone at least until the Bills show they can beat it. We have struggled with this in the past and so I would expect us to have to muck about until something breaks us free and so the game might be uglier then some think.

If I was an opponent I would play a zone at least until the Bills show they can beat it. We have struggled with this in the past and so I would expect us to have to muck about until something breaks us free and so the game might be uglier then some think.

I agree. Hope no opposing coaches agreeing with us.