Crawford Article

kshoe

When I say experienced it simply means one who has been in the SLU system. McBroom is experienced and yes Evans is a guard/has to become one that is proficient enough to make it a career if he so chooses. So you have a 5 guard rotation before you start looking at GG, TL, RA, RL, and JM. Evans is no longer needed at the 4 spot. I suspect 2/3 is where you see him this season. MC will need minutes to gain experience so you may have a point about 2nd semester but the experience of AY in 2014 will be the buffer. These are just opinions and I take no offense to dissenting ones. More fuel for discussion till November!

I think I agree with you. You can almost definitely count Barnett as experienced and McBroom isn't inexperienced.

It will also be nice having Yacobou to push guys in practice.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a 5-man senior class, and a very good one at that, it's ridiculous to have points per game expectations on freshmen most of us haven't seen play. It wouldn't be fair for us to be disappointed if Crawford barely sees the floor this year. McCall, Jett, McBroom, Barnett - he's the fifth guard, and then there are the minutes that Evans, Loe, Glaze, and Manning will swallow up, not to mention two other freshman bigs who have a chance to get some minutes. If Crawford gets minutes of any significance, I'd be surprised.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/teams/saint-louis/players

The minutes per game to be handed out are:

Mitchell: 30.2

Ellis: 26.1

Remekun: 18.1

I'm guessing McCall and Jett see minor increases, enough to put McCall at 30 MPG (from 29.1). Barnett should be in the high teens, or low 20s if things go well (15.2). Evans was at 29.6 and will be over 30 MPG this season.

Glaze was at just under 12 and could see an incremental increase. Manning should see the biggest jump (5.7).

In all likelihood, that leaves 40-50 minutes to give out, and McBroom will probably eat up half, if not more. That leaves the freshmen.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/teams/saint-louis/players

The minutes per game to be handed out are:

Mitchell: 30.2

Ellis: 26.1

Remekun: 18.1

I'm guessing McCall and Jett see minor increases, enough to put McCall at 30 MPG (from 29.1). Barnett should be in the high teens, or low 20s if things go well (15.2). Evans was at 29.6 and will be over 30 MPG this season.

Glaze was at just under 12 and could see an incremental increase. Manning should see the biggest jump (5.7).

In all likelihood, that leaves 40-50 minutes to give out, and McBroom will probably eat up half, if not more. That leaves the freshmen.

Good summary, agree completely. If any frosh sees minutes it will be the 2 bigs, not MC.

EVERYONE on Bills.com will be disappointed if he isn't averaging 8 ppg by Jan 1. If he is playing less then 10 mpg at that time the suggestion will be made that JC can't recruit and MC was a waste of a scholly.

I am one of MC's biggest optimist but no way will I be disappointed if he only gets Manning last year kind of minutes. The likely way that will happen is 4 seniors stay healthy and continue to improve and all hopes of JB and JL will be realized, not that MC will be needed and then falls on his face. I just think the loss of those 3 guys from last year, the relative lack of promise from the class of 15 and 16 added to the high promise of our 3 new guys makes it likely they get some meaningful minutes. Win win no matter what rarefied air for Billiken faithful.

I think I agree with you. You can almost definitely count Barnett as experienced and McBroom isn't inexperienced.

which we hope and sure seems possible McBroom did for them last year!

I guess everyone except for me. Who is he going to take time away from? He's not going to start over MM or JJ. We have JB with a lot more experience who already got 10-15 mpg on last year's nationally ranked team. AM is coming in as well.

And yet, you're going to be disappointed if a freshman is not averaging 8 ppg by halfway through his freshman year? This isn't Kentucky. Please cut this kid a break on the expectations. I expect him to be a very good player, but not immediately. Especially when we have other experienced, and talented, players already on the roster.

I am one of MC's biggest optimist but no way will I be disappointed if he only gets Manning last year kind of minutes. The likely way that will happen is 4 seniors stay healthy and continue to improve and all hopes of JB and JL will be realized, not that MC will be needed and then falls on his face. I just think the loss of those 3 guys from last year, the relative lack of promise from the class of 15 and 16 added to the high promise of our 3 new guys makes it likely they get some meaningful minutes. Win win no matter what rarefied air for Billiken faithful.

Dictionary:

satire |ˈsaˌtīr|

noun

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues. See note at wit .

Come on, guys: it should be obvious that Skip was being sarcastic.

totes forgot about yacoubou. excited all over again for billlllllies.

Dictionary:

Come on, guys: it should be obvious that Skip was being sarcastic.

New guys should have to take a quiz regarding the posting tendancies of the top 10 all time posters. It won't hurt any of you newbies to spend a little time learning about the people who blazed the trail that you now wish to tread upon. We are naturally legends

New guys should have to take a quiz regarding the posting tendancies of the top 10 all time posters. It won't hurt any of you newbies to spend a little time learning about the people who blazed the trail that you now wish to tread upon. We are naturally legends

Skip right again

I will get working on it immediately. Can you please give me a list of the top ten? Mr. Skip, sir.

I will get working on it immediately. Can you please give me a list of the top ten? Mr. Skip, sir.

billiken_roy Joined 30-November 99

Members · 21,915 posts

moytoy12 Joined 09-March 04

Members · 12,407 posts

slufanskip Joined 30-November 99

Members · 10,956 posts

brianstl Joined 01-June 06

Members · 10,125 posts

Box and Won Joined 30-November 99

Members · 9,965 posts

slu72 Joined 30-November 99

Members · 9,498 posts

jimbofive Joined 29-November 06

HATE · 7,599 posts

Absurd_Bills_fan Joined 30-November 99

Moderator · 7,226 posts

kshoe Joined 30-November 99

Members · 7,166 posts

cheeseman Joined 30-November 99

Members · 6,020 posts

See above. I would reccomend reading at least a couple hundred posts from each of the top 10. No need to call me sir, despite the fame, I'm just a regular guy

See above. I would reccomend reading at least a couple hundred posts from each of the top 10. No need to call me sir, despite the fame, I'm just a regular guy

Not including Taj in the list would be a travesty.

Members · 21,915 posts

Members · 12,407 posts

Members · 10,956 posts

Members · 10,125 posts

Members · 9,965 posts

Members · 9,498 posts

HATE · 7,599 posts

Moderator · 7,226 posts

Members · 7,166 posts

Members · 6,020 posts

Members · 21,915 posts

Members · 12,407 posts

Members · 10,956 posts

Members · 10,125 posts

Members · 9,965 posts

Members · 9,498 posts

HATE · 7,599 posts

Moderator · 7,226 posts

Members · 7,166 posts

Members · 6,020 posts

I'm getting caught and passed pretty quickly. I was a solid #2 not that long ago.

If you start seeing more ( more than normal ) completely useless posts that make no sense from me, you will know why.

I'm getting caught and passed pretty quickly. I was a solid #2 not that long ago.

If you start seeing more ( more than normal ) completely useless posts that make no sense from me, you will know why.

....and how will we distinguish those from your other posts? :huh: Just kidding, you're one of my favorite posters.

Members · 21,915 posts

Members · 12,407 posts

Members · 10,956 posts

Members · 10,125 posts

Members · 9,965 posts

Members · 9,498 posts

HATE · 7,599 posts

Moderator · 7,226 posts

Members · 7,166 posts

Members · 6,020 posts

Wow! Scary!

Members · 21,915 posts

Members · 12,407 posts

Members · 10,956 posts

Members · 10,125 posts

Members · 9,965 posts

Members · 9,498 posts

HATE · 7,599 posts

Moderator · 7,226 posts

Members · 7,166 posts

Members · 6,020 posts

Well I had no idea I had this many. Well I better keep going to keep my position.