Recruiting - 2016

By the way, I hear he will be on campus for a visit april 15.

In a couple interviews he has said he is down at SLU every other week. He has already made one official visit, what does he do differently on the official visits compared to when he says he is on campus every other week? Is it just he can sit down with the coaches more and go over how he would fit in their system?

It isn't a bad thing that he is trimming his list down in the next week or two and has a visit scheduled with us next week is it?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to convince you guys. Just passing along information I have heard from a reliable source. Apologies for sharing.

The list shared by RiseAndGrind is in line with most of what I know about the situation although you don't hear UNC mentioned much.

No need to apologize - all I was doing was pointing that it did not make any sense. Wouldn't be the first time something happened that did not make sense or a reliable source was wrong.

In a couple interviews he has said he is down at SLU every other week. He has already made one official visit, what does he do differently on the official visits compared to when he says he is on campus every other week? Is it just he can sit down with the coaches more and go over how he would fit in their system?

It isn't a bad thing that he is trimming his list down in the next week or two and has a visit scheduled with us next week is it?

I think the official visits is where the coaches can kind of wine and dine the recruits a bit and foot the bill.

Twitter says that Tatum had an in house visit with Duke yesterday and he was impressed that they came to him just days after winning it all.

Seems like it's between us and Duke at this point.

Jason Jordan has the visit tonight and Tatum says he is very excited about it. I'm not sure if this info is correct but I have seen at other places as happening Thursday night.

I do not think it is necessary to despair about a choice between Duke and SLU. The two choices are so very different from one another in terms of what JT may expect to gain (or will have to give up) in either case that it will be a difficult choice for him. This is not a decision between KY and Duke in which case the two choices would be so close to one another as to be a matter of relatively minor differences. SLU and Duke present very different advantages to JT, and SLU is way ahead of Duke in many ways (but of course the opposite is also true). I guess it will become a decision that will test JT's values. What is it that makes the difference for him.

In fact, just to be faced with a decision such as this speaks very highly about the kind of person JT is.

Anybody else check out the new SI article about Tatum staying in STL? Its a good read and is linked on his twitter. On a side note, I'm going to watch him and others play tomorrow in the eybl in Hampton. Anyone else I should randomly bump into with a SLU shirt on?

The text:

Joan Niesen: Home Game

Jayson Tatum is the most coveted high school player in the country, his 6’ 9” frame resembles Kevin Durant’s and his style of play does too. With the end of the college hoops season in sight, the recruiting season is soon to begin and the biggest names in basketball want Jayson in their uniforms. The pull to the elite programs is strong, but home is where the heart is: his father, his mother, best friends and mentors all stayed and played in St. Louis and they would love to keep that tradition going. But one thing is for certain, Jayson’s decision is one that will surely shock the basketball world.

“Be a trendsetter, you don’t have to go on this road because it was made for Shane Battier or Grant Hill. You can do what they did – at home.” – Justin Tatum, Jayson’s father

I heard last year that Tatum was totally in love with Kentucky right after his first visit. That probably shouldn't be a surprise and I probably made too much of it. I'm sure all recruits love their visits, but once things settle down, it's all pretty much the same. I really don't have any inside info on the Tatum recruitment, but can anyone break down the % chance of each of his final four? Even a best guess would be appreciated.

I heard last year that Tatum was totally in love with Kentucky right after his first visit. That probably shouldn't be a surprise and I probably made too much of it. I'm sure all recruits love their visits, but once things settle down, it's all pretty much the same. I really don't have any inside info on the Tatum recruitment, but can anyone break down the % chance of each of his final four? Even a best guess would be appreciated.

SLU - 100%

Duke - 0%

UK - 0%

4th Team - 0 %

It would be impossible to break it down to a % but at this point we are the leaders and Duke is closely behind. It's been like this for a while.

It would be impossible to break it down to a % but at this point we are the leaders and Duke is closely behind. It's been like this for a while.

I would have guessed that Duke would be the leaders with us following closely but I have no inside knowledge. If we are in the lead, I would like our chances mainly because the pull to go to Duke will be no bigger than right now after they won a national championship in my opinion.