Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would bring up someone flying under a lot of radars right now. A legitimate 6'5 wing who is getting interest from the Bills. Zeke Moore from Riverview Gardens. Transferred to Riverview this year to play ball and be coached by his Dad. He went to my Alma Mater at McCluer North. He can really stroke it from three and can handle the ball fairly well for his size. Currently second in the area in scoring at 27 a game. Only second to FBJT. I know SLU has talked to him and sent a letter or two. Has offers from the entire MO Valley besides Wichita State. Should be interesting to see in the coming weeks what comes of this.

Thought I would bring up someone flying under a lot of radars right now. A legitimate 6'5 wing who is getting interest from the Bills. Zeke Moore from Riverview Gardens. Transferred to Riverview this year to play ball and be coached by his Dad. He went to my Alma Mater at McCluer North. He can really stroke it from three and can handle the ball fairly well for his size. Currently second in the area in scoring at 27 a game. Only second to FBJT. I know SLU has talked to him and sent a letter or two. Has offers from the entire MO Valley besides Wichita State. Should be interesting to see in the coming weeks what comes of this.

I have been following his stats in the box scores. What year is he?

Sounds really athletic.

"Sounds" athletic? Did you see those dunks in his highlight film (he is 6' 1" and one of them was a half-step and then over the rim boom)? He plays an hour from me in two weeks, I might check him out. John Calipari's kid plays on that team.

Giles is one of the guys rumored to be a package deal with Jayson as well as top rated pg Dennis Smith Jr.

I do think Giles and Jackson are more physically gifted at this point then Jayson. What a class though with those three and guys like Thon Maker and Malik Monk.

I watched Zeke Moore of Riverview play tonight. He has a good handle and can create his own shot. Plays very little defense, probably because Riverview plays a zone; but even then he is not very active. He is thin like Bartley. He has one talent that may hinder him from being a Billiken, he hits most of his free throws. In order to become a high D1 prospect he will need better coaching and discipline. He has one more year to get better.

I watched Zeke Moore of Riverview play tonight. He has a good handle and can create his own shot. Plays very little defense, probably because Riverview plays a zone; but even then he is not very active. He is thin like Bartley. He has one talent that may hinder him from being a Billiken, he hits most of his free throws. In order to become a high D1 prospect he will need better coaching and discipline. He has one more year to get better.

He's gotten a lot better in a year. I thought he went to Riverview so he could be the focal point. His father, his new coach, was always a blowhard in the stands at MN games. He was always a good shooter but he has picked up his slashing ability. He's not as good as Sneed but he's getting close. At Riverview though he is hard pressed to get into a D-1 school.

For me, as a traditionalist, the reference to "St. Louis" is quite all right. There is no need for concern.

I attended "St. Louis University" from 1978-1985, which was the way the University identified itself in literature, including that sent to me. Further, during a good number of those years, the Billikens' jersey had "St. Louis" on the front.

As I recall, Fr. Biondi made the change to "Saint Louis" after I was gone. I first heard of it on TV when SLU was playing in the NIT at Madison Square Garden under Coach Rich Grawer. The TV announcer said SLU was trying to distinguish itself from the city. But the change did not seem right to me at the time, and "Saint" still seems a bit awkward and unnecessary, although I have come to accept it a bit more as the years have passed.