Recruiting - 2016

2016 CBC point guard Jordan Barnes was in attendance at the game yesterday. He has also been to a Billiken practice this season.

In a recent interview Barnes noticed that he had an offer from SIU-E and is hearing from Illinois, Mizzou, SLU and Tennessee. A 5'11" point guard, Barnes is currently averaging 14 points and 4.8 assists a game.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jayson Tatum is visiting Michigan State today with his dad for their big rivalry game.

If I was planning on going for 4 years MSU and Izzo would be my choice. I think every 4 year player he has had since he arrived has played in a final 4.

If a player plans on being a one and done Im not sure it matters where they go so FBJT might as well stay home.

Has anyone seen Althoff play at all this year?

Freshman Jordan Goodwin is having an extremely impressive season putting up 19.5 points a game and looking like a high major prospect, but I have heard his teammate Brendon Gooch is also a quality talent. He is a sophomore averaging 15.4 points a game. From what I can find he has an offer from SIU-Edwardsville and has heard from SLU, Illinois, Purdue, SIU-C, Missouri State, and Indiana State. I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on this Gooch kid and whether he is more of a mid-major talent or if he is a kid SLU should really target.

I will be heading over to CBC this evening to check out the Chaminade/CBC game featuring 2016 studs Jayson Tatum, Jordan Barnes, Christian Willis, Tyler Cook, and Mike Lewis. Unfortunately Chaminade's other big sophomore, 6'7 forward Will Gladson, was injured for the season earlier in the year.

I will be heading over to CBC this evening to check out the Chaminade/CBC game featuring 2016 studs Jayson Tatum, Jordan Barnes, Christian Willis, Tyler Cook, and Mike Lewis. Unfortunately Chaminade's other big sophomore, 6'7 forward Will Gladson, was injured for the season earlier in the year.

Didn't Gladson get banged up this summer too?

Has anyone seen Althoff play at all this year?

Freshman Jordan Goodwin is having an extremely impressive season putting up 19.5 points a game and looking like a high major prospect, but I have heard his teammate Brendon Gooch is also a quality talent. He is a sophomore averaging 15.4 points a game. From what I can find he has an offer from SIU-Edwardsville and has heard from SLU, Illinois, Purdue, SIU-C, Missouri State, and Indiana State. I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on this Gooch kid and whether he is more of a mid-major talent or if he is a kid SLU should really target.

I saw Althoff play Belleville West in the Belleville East tournament. Goodwin had an off game. Hooch looked good. He made a couple of 3s and was very active. He looks 6'5" with long arms. Thin, but he is only a sophomore. He looks like he will eventually muscle up and if he does he will be very good. We should definitely be following him.

That is Future Billiken Jayson Tatum.

Didn't Gladson get banged up this summer too?

He dislocated his knee cap this summer at the KU team camp and was out 6-8 weeks. I am not sure what his current injury is, but it appears to definitely be a major knee injury.

The game last night was great. Jayson Tatum was fantastic and led Chaminade to the 70-59 victory with 33 points. CBC could not handle him. Jordan Barnett had two monster dunks that brought the house down, but had an epic miss that came off the rim to half court. He had a real nice game for CBC leading them with 22 points. Tatum was called for his 4th foul early in the 4th quarter and went to the bench. The game was tied at that point, but Chaminade went on a run with him sitting and he came back in and really closed it out. Sophomore big Tyler Cook was a big reason they were able to gain a lead with Jayson on the bench. I had not been overly impressed by him when I have seen him prior to last night, but that changed for me in the 2nd half. The kid had about three really nice back to the basket moves and finishes, one of which shocked everyone in attendance including Coach Cal. He was key for Chaminade and had 15 points capping it off with a big dunk. Really showed some impressive post moves. Sophomore guard Mike Lewis had a really nice 1st quarter for Chaminade and hit a big 3 the possession after Tatum went to the bench. He can really score the ball, but needs to add some strength and grow a few inches. He had 10 points. CBC sophomore point guard Jordan Barnes was solid, but did not stand out like the last time they played. He did throw the ball off the backboard to Barnett for a monster dunk early in the game on a break which was the play of the night. He had a few nice moves and finishes offensively that I can remember finishing with 9 points and he really pressures the ball defensively. Their other sophomore guard Christian Willis had 10 points, but I did not remember him playing much in the 1st half and really only remember him having a stretch in the 4th quarter where he was attacking and either finishing lay ups or getting fouled, but he was quiet beyond that stretch and may have been on the bench a lot.

It was a packed house and apparently they were turning people away an hour before the start. Kentucky was represented by assistant coach Orlando Antigua and later Calipari which had the crowds attention when he entered. Jim Crews was in attendance and sat behind the CBC bench.

FBJT put up 33 and 14 boards last night. Not to shabby. I went to the CBC vs Chaminade game at Chaminade a month or so ago.

Roy Williams, Frank Haith, Wojo from Duke, and a couple of Purdue assisstants were all in attendance.

Frank Haith? I didn't know he recruited high schools.

Westy's sources (heads & tails) said Tatum will be a Billiken. Mine say he is going to Kentucky and we can pray for a home game against them.

If I am a one & done player the last place I would go is Kentucky.

I have nothing against the program, it's just the team is filled with other 1 & done's and everybody is trying to get theirs.

I would go to a program where I would be the focal point of the team.

Based on that Tatum should come to SLU. No agenda at all.. wink wink

SLU appears to be recruiting Chaminade big man Tyler Cook:

2016 forward Tyler Cook (@KingCook_25) was in attendance today for #SLU's win. The #Billikens are putting in a lot of work with him.

Saw this kid in the bowels of Chaifetz Arena. From my quick glance he was just as tall if not taller than Crews. I had been wondering who he was cause I figured he was a recruit but I hadn't seen anything on here about anyone being at the game.