Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW: Darius Austin from Cahokia visiting today on an unofficial.

recently cahokia announced they will not shut down their athletic department thus darius is likely staying instead of moving to chitown as had been rumored. i would think that favors our participation in his recruiting.

Updated list.

2014 Offer List:

Ore Arogundade: St. Viator, Arlington Heights, IL - SG: 6-3, 180. Offers: SLU, Creighton, SIUC, Murray State, Drake, Santa Clara, Loyola-Chicago, San Jose State, Wright State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, San Francisco, Utah State. Interest: DePaul, Xavier, Temple, LaSalle, Texas Tech, Wichita State, Missouri State, Oregon State. Latest (6/15): Arogundade vistied Drake and SLU. Previous: Arogundade said Murray State, St. Louis, Santa Clara, and Drake are strong right now. Texas Tech, Xavier, Temple and LaSalle are also looking. Twitter: @OreAro_23

Darius Austin: Cahokia HS, Cahokia, IL - SF: 6-6, 200. Offers: SLU, DePaul, UMKC. Interest: Illinois, Mizzou, Michigan, Xavier, Cincinnati, Iowa, Tennessee. Latest (6/25): According to IL Prep Bullseye, Austin is their pick for a mid-late summer high-major break-out recruit. He tore it up at the DePaul Team Camp and may have been the best player in the thing. SLU and DePaul are strongest, but they say others will soon follow. Previous: According to my main man Billiken Roy, Cahokia will leave its athletic program intact, meaning that Austin will stay there for his senior year instead of playing up in Chicago somewhere. Twitter: @DariusAustin23

Larry Austin, Jr.: Lanphier, Springfield, IL - PG: 6-1, 165. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Illinois, DePaul, Memphis, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, Iowa, Florida State, Mississippi State, Bradley, SMU, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Butler, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, West Virginia, Harvard. Latest (6/5): Austin says that out of all the schools on his offer list, Oklahoma State is probably the one recruiting him the hardest. Twitter: @_LarryAustin2_

Jordan Barnett: CBC, St. Louis, MO - SF: 6-7, 185. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Purdue, Florida, Michigan State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Iowa State, Stanford, Harvard. Interest: UNC, SIUC. Latest (5/22): Barnett mentioned that UNC had shown interest and been in contact several times. On 5/22, UNC got a commitment from 5-star SF Theo Pinson, which may lead them to back off Barnett. Previous: SLU and St. Louis Eagles alum Larry Hughes spoke to Barnett's Eagles team after a loss in Dallas on 5/16. Twitter: @JBounce33

Malek Harris: Carl Sandburg, Orland Park, IL - SF: 6-7, 200. Offers: SLU, Marquette, Creighton, DePaul, Mizzou, Purdue, Northwestern, Iowa, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Auburn, Oregon State, Illinois State, Miami-Ohio, Norfolk State. Interest: Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Miami, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Dayton, Providence, Loyola-Chicago, Ball State, UC-Irvine. Latest (6/25): Harris is now ranked #76 in Scout's 2014 rankings. He plans to "shut down" recruiting visits after he goes to Marquette and Northwestern in late June until after the July evaluation period is complete. The first three (Purdue, MU, NW) are within driving distance of his family (a big factor for them). When he reopens his visits, he'll likely go to Kansas State and Iowa. Previous: Harris is starting to blow up. He just visited Purdue and was offered by Matt Painter. Twitter: @24_MoneyTeam_10

J.P. Macura: Lakeville North, Lakeville, MN - SG: 6-5, 185. Offers: SLU, Dayton, Butler, Creighton, Boston College, Kansas State, Drake, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Colorado, Vermont, South Dakota, South Dakota State, New Mexico State, Utah State, Toledo, Wyoming, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida State, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, NC State, Providence, Nebraska-Omaha. Latest (6/25): Macura is now #89 in Scout's 2014 rankings. Previous: Showing an elite three-point shooting ability, Macura has had a couple huge AAU tournaments (including the recent adidas VIP Exclusive Run) and is hitting the radar of Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC schools. He is looking for a school with a "family atmosphere." Twitter: @jpmacura

Logan McLane: Greenfield School, Wilson, NC - PF: 6-8, 210. Offers: SLU, Seton Hall, Miami-Ohio, UNC-Asheville, UNC-Greensboro, Buffalo, Winthrop, Mercer, High Point. Latest (6/19): McLane is currently recovering from a torn ACL, which is why higher-level schools have not offered, but he aims to be ready for an AAU event in July. He just visited Miami-Ohio. Previous: McLane gives some reasons why he likes his current list of offers. Twitter: @LMcLane4

Sean O’Mara: Benet Academy, Lisle, IL - C: 6-9, 240. Offers: SLU, Illinois, DePaul, Marquette, Xavier, Dayton, LaSalle, Boston College, Virginia, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, SIUC, SIUE, Loyola-Chicago, UIC, Oakland, Lehigh, Columbia, Ball State, Eastern Michigan. Interest: Michigan, Notre Dame, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern. Latest (5/21): Considered one of the best centers in the Midwest, O'Mara is in the belly of the Big Ten and has their attention. He was dominant in an AAU Tournament in April. Offers are starting to cascade in. Twitter: @S3AN_54

Andre Walker: Bullis School, Clarksville, MD - C: 6-10, 210. Offers: SLU, VCU, Xavier, DePaul, Cincinnati, Temple, UMass, George Mason, SMU, Fairfield, Delaware. Interest: Georgetown, Indiana, Kansas, NC State, Maryland, Miami. Latest (6/6): Walker now has offers from VCU and DePaul. Previous: This guy is hard to Google. Xavier recently had a player by the same name, and there's another HS recruit with the same name. He wears rec specs. Twitter: @Andre_Walker21

Hunter Ware: North Cobb Christian, Kennesaw, GA - PG: 6-2, 165. Offers: SLU, Murray State, Cornell, Brown, Tennessee Tech, Jacksonville, Gardner-Webb, Appalachian State, Stetson, Radford, Middle Tennessee, Georgia Southern. Interest: Mizzou, Butler, Charleston, Charlotte, UAB, Nevada, Buffalo, Charleston Southern. Latest (6/19): Interesting offer list. I guess we're in early on a guy we think has more potential than shows with his current list, and I'm guessing he's also a pretty solid student with two Ivy Leage offers. He's considered one of the fastest-rising players in the state of Georgia's class of 2014. On The Radar Hoops says: "Hunter showcases a great change of speed and high basketball IQ, he constantly gets a piece of the paint and pushes the tempo off the rebound. He fills the middle and goes until he is stopped either scoring or dishing off the ball for the easy basket for his teammates." But this is my favorite profile of him. Twitter: @Hunter_Ware1

Thomas Welsh: Loyola, Los Angeles, CA - C: 7-0, 245. Offers: SLU, Gonzaga, California, USC, Arizona State, Rice, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Pacific, Portland. Interest: UCLA, Arizona, Colorado, Wake Forest, Brown, UC-Santa Barbara. Latest (6/25): Welsh is now ranked #75 in Scout's 2014 rankings. Previous: SLU is said to be one of Welsh's early offers, which is interesting, given that he's a Southern California kid with otherwise exclusively West Coast offers. Welsh has spoken with Andy Enfield at USC quite a bit. He just recently visited Cal. He played very well at the recent Pangos All-American Camp.

2014 Interest List:

Marcus Bartley: MacArthur, Decatur, IL - PG: 6-2, 175. Offers: Oklahoma State, SIUC, Bradley, Northwestern, Illinois State, Eastern Illinois, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Tennessee-Martin, Southeastern Louisiana, William & Mary. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Iowa, Georgetown, Harvard, Tennessee. Latest (5/21): Northwestern is recruiting him very hard. Oklahoma State is the biggest program to offer so far but he may be on the cusp of a few more. Twitter: @MB3_Dreamville

Josh Cunningham: Morgan Park, Chicago, IL - SF: 6-7, 195. Offers: Mizzou, Oklahoma, Iowa, DePaul, Nebraska, South Carolina, UMass, Bradley, Northern Illinois. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Illinois State, UIC. Latest (5/21): Cunningham opened some eyes at the recent Nike EYBL in Hampton, Virginia when he filled in for an injured 5-star player. He's said to be a gamer with explosive leaping ability and a nice 3-point stroke. Twitter: @JoshMCunningham

Austin Gillmann: Oakville, Oakville, MO - C: 6-11, 200. Offers: Illinois State. Interest: SLU, Wichita State, Bucknell, Lehigh, Elon. Latest (5/21): Gillmann has already visited SLU this spring (early May). He is a legitimate 6-11, but needs to add serious strength. He was a double-double machine his junior season at Oakville and has played well this spring in AAU ball. Twitter: @AUSTIN__g

Jacob Hammond: Home School United Prep, Oklahoma City, OK - C: 6-10, 240. Offers: Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Nebraska. Interest: SLU, Indiana, UCLA, Mizzou, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Texas A&M, Wake Forest, Creighton, Wichita State, TCU, Tulsa, Loyola-Marymount, Navy. Latest (6/25): Hammond previously committed to Oklahoma but recently backed out. He reportedly played very well at the Pangos Camp. He has played his three years of HS basketball at three different schools in Oklahoma and Kansas. Twitter: @J_ham_24

Avery Johnson, Jr.: Cooper, The Woodlands, TX - PG: 5-9, 173. Interest: SLU, Baylor, LSU, Rutgers, Florida State, Rice, Charleston, Santa Clara, Bucknell, Columbia. Latest (6/25): Johnson calls Baylor his leader. Previous: Johnson will be visiting SLU this weekend. The son of former NBA player and coach Avery Johnson, he recently made headlines when he Tweeted taunts at the Nets after losing to the Bulls in the playoffs (his dad coached the Nets before being fired). He's relatively hard to find on recruiting sites because A) most Google results have to do with that incident, B] there was a recent big-time football recruit named Avery Johnson who went to LSU, and C) there was a recent basketball recruit named Avery Johnson who went to San Francisco. Twitter: @itsaveryjohnson

Kelan Martin: Ballard, Louisville, KY - SF: 6-5, 185. Offers: Providence, New Mexico, Indiana State, Ohio, Western Kentucky, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Mizzou, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, LSU, Boston College. Latest (5/29): Martin has had an impressive spring on the AAU circuit and the offers are starting to roll in.

Mack Mercer: Plymouth, Plymouth, IN - PF: 6-9, 210. Offers: Boston College, Indiana State, Ball State, Kent State, Belmont, Loyola-Chicago, Rice, Vermont. Interest: SLU, Butler, Xavier, Mizzou, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Clemson, Mississippi State, Northwestern. Twitter: @MackMercer

Ikenna Okwarabizie: St. Louis Christian, St. Louis, MO - C: 6-10, 240. Offers: Southern Miss, SIUE. Interest: SLU, Marquette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Illinois State, Rice. Latest (6/19): Okwarabizie has "serious attention" from SLU and Rutgers per @runhouse. He is visiting Illinois State. Previous: Okwarabizie is just starting to emerge this spring and picked up his first offer from Southern Miss. More will be on the way. Twitter: @iykerulez1

Jalyn Patterson: Montverde Academy, Alpharetta, GA - PG: 5-11, 170. Offers: George Mason, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia State. Interest: SLU, Houston, Tennessee, Florida State, South Carolina, Charleston, Tennessee Tech, Georgia Southern, Kennesaw State. Latest (5/29): Of the three schools recruiting him hardest lately, he says, “I am planning on trying to get out to St. Louis and George Mason and probably Houston,” he said. “I am still thinking about other schools and choosing which schools I would like to visit but those are three that I am definitely hoping to get to.” Twitter: @jalynpatterson

Darreon Reddick: Belleville East, Belleville, IL - SG: 6-3, 200. Offers: DePaul, Valpo, Missouri State, Detroit, Toledo, Indiana State, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Michigan, Xavier, Tennessee, Iowa, SIUC. Latest (5/21): Reddick visited Valpo with C.J. Rivers and both picked up offers. Twitter: @_14Reddick

C.J. Rivers: Cahokia, Cahokia, IL - PG: 6-2, 180. Offers: SIUC, SIUE, Miami-Ohio, Valpo, Toledo, Cornell, Brown, UIC, Wright State, Northern Kentucky. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Mizzou, Xavier, Tennessee, Drake. Latest (5/22): Rivers will visit Drake on June 12. Previous: Rivers visited Valpo with Reddick and both picked up offers. Rivers has visited SLU already. Twitter: @Cj_Rivers05

Marial Shayok: Blair Academy, Blairstown, NJ - SF: 6-6, 205. Offers: Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, LaSalle, Cincinnati, Boston College, Minnesota, Rutgers, Kansas State, West Virginia, Texas A&M, Georgia. Interest: SLU, VCU, Dayton, Illinois, Purdue, Gonzaga. Latest (6/6): Shayok listed West Virginia, Providence, Boston College, VCU, Cincinnati, and SLU as the schools recruiting him the hardest. He said Minnesota, Rutgers, Kansas State, Seton Hall, and Villanova are also in the mix. He has not decided on any visits yet and doesn't plan to do so until August. He is considered one of the most athletic wings in the class of 2014. He's from a big-time basketball family: His father played at Dayton, his sister plays at Detroit, and his brother just transferred to UMKC from Bradley. Twitter: ToOffical_11

Hakim Saintil is still listed on VerbalCommits' offer page. I'm guessing they just haven't removed all the stale offers, as Cincinnati, South Carolina, and Seton Hall are still there, too. However, he did say SLU was his top choice before he decided to go to prep school. And now recent tweets show that he is visiting Florida Gulf Coast - I wonder if that's as a 2013 or 2014 recruit. Any thoughts on whether I should keep him on the offer/interest list?

Okwarabizie is visiting Illinois State

Added to his blurb above. And moy's right. The sorority girls throw themselves at recruits there. They probably stay around during the summer to take care of business.

Added to his blurb above. And moy's right. The sorority girls throw themselves at recruits there. They probably stay around during the summer to take care of business.

Jesus Shuttlesworth (today's his day, I suppose) got fuoking double-teamed by turboslags at ProState University and still went to Big State University. So here's Rosario Dawson.

1981-l7wgwevs4c0eyrlduhwmz5v9e7i-159833.

Can we at least wait to use initials until the recruit is enrolled for his first semester? Also, if a current player has the same initials of a player who played in the previous five years, then the current player should be referred by first initial - last name. Also, if two current players have the same initials, then only the upperclassman should be referred to by initials. However, if two players in the same class have the same initials, then neither should be referred to by initials, referring back to the first initial - last name scheme. However, if one of those players in the same class has fewer years of eligibility than the other, then the one with the least years of eligibility remaining should have the initial designation.

WTH, I think the initial system is stupid and should be scrapped. The recent reference to RA had me scrambling to a recruiting page to remember Reggie's name. And BTW, you won't find a typo in this post. Sorry for the snark but the initial system really sucks.

Can we at least wait to use initials until the recruit is enrolled for his first semester? Also, if a current player has the same initials of a player who played in the previous five years, then the current player should be referred by first initial - last name. Also, if two current players have the same initials, then only the upperclassman should be referred to by initials. However, if two players in the same class have the same initials, then neither should be referred to by initials, referring back to the first initial - last name scheme. However, if one of those players in the same class has fewer years of eligibility than the other, then the one with the least years of eligibility remaining should have the initial designation.

WTH, I think the initial system is stupid and should be scrapped. The recent reference to RA had me scrambling to a recruiting page to remember Reggie's name. And BTW, you won't find a typo in this post. Sorry for the snark but the initial system really sucks.

nope. from the second a player signs his LOI (or hell, in my mind, verbals) until he's used his last minute of eligibility, declares for the draft, transfers, drops out or dies, he shall be assigned initials and be referred to primarily by said initials.

i seriously question the validity of someone as a person if they can't keep track of 13 scholarship basketball players' initials. how do you do work in your person job? i'm sure you know more than 13 acronyms, much longer and involved than these mind-bending letter pairs. here we go, right off the top of my head.

MM

JJ

DE

JM

AM

RA

TL

MC

GG

JB

RL

that took ~15 seconds. gotdamn invalids...

this is billikens.com

KNOW THE FUOKING PLAYERS.

nope. from the second a player signs his LOI (or hell, in my mind, verbals) until he's used his last minute of eligibility, declares for the draft, transfers, drops out or dies, he shall be assigned initials and be referred to primarily by said initials.

i seriously question the validity of someone as a person if they can't keep track of 13 scholarship basketball players' initials. how do you do work in your person job? i'm sure you know more than 13 acronyms, much longer and involved than these mind-bending letter pairs. here we go, right off the top of my head.

MM

JJ

DE

JM

AM

RA

TL

MC

GG

JB

RL

that took ~15 seconds. gotdamn invalids...

this is billikens.com

KNOW THE FUOKING PLAYERS.

No AY, JL, or SD?

AY = Yacoubou...go home jimbo you're drunk.

he's the newest billiken, i'm excused. am i going to be expected to know the name of the last chick i took to poundtown, too? for the record, i think she said her name was steve dave.

oh, and you can bet your bcllocks (this is censored, fuok my face, steve) to a barn dance i'm about to get drunk. wednesday volleyball at the park in an hour and it's a scorcher. i'll have 8 budweisers down before sunset. then i'm gonna paw the ground like gotdamn dewey cox and try to peg something.

tumblr_m9ycg80exk1qjczh3o1_500.gif

Jenna_Fischer-hot-lips-lovely-babe-smoki

Hakim Saintil actually will be going to South Alabama this year. It looked like he was reclassifying as a 2014 recruit but kept going on visits this spring (including St. Bonaventure and Florida Gulf Coast). Interesting direction for him. He should be a factor right away.