Scheduling Thoughts

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy games are a necessity from a financial and record stand point. The record stand point is obvious. Financially it works also - if you have 6k season tix sold at $25 per tix as an avg then you are bringing in $150K not including parking and concessions. If you have to pay a team $50-60K to come then you still make at least $90-100K for the game - the travel expenses for the buy team are a wash if you have to travel someplace. In fact their travel expenses are probably less then for you since they are busing around and staying at economical places and eating at the same. They often bus from Columbia Mo to StL and then on to Chicago or Champagne so the costs are not nearly as great. 3-4 buy games make us about $300-375K without our kids traveling, missing school, padding our record, and giving us a full home schedule. Now you can argue if the buy game should be a team with a 200 ranking or a 300 ranking - my point is I agree with those who say you can have buy games but still minimize your RPI hit.

We should get a home and home with Bradley.

hahah I wore out that connection with Ken Kavanaugh when he was on the Hilltop. Maybe I could send him an email about Florida Gulf Coast bringing Dunk and the Gateway Cities together for a clash??

• 1 month later...

Looks like we're trying to start 2 home and home series against top 75 opponents.

Updated as of last Friday

http://www.basketballtravelers.com/game-schedule-board/?e_type=1

St. Louis Michael Lepore 3149174587 [email protected] Looking for 2 H/H series with Top 75 RPI opponents. Willing to start 1 on the road, but need 1 at home as well. Please call with any interest or email [email protected]. Thanks! 2013-2014, Home & Home 2013-05-10 15:48:56

hahah I wore out that connection with Ken Kavanaugh when he was on the Hilltop. Maybe I could send him an email about Florida Gulf Coast bringing Dunk and the Gateway Cities together for a clash??

My intrest in FGC disapperaed when Enfield took his talents, and when I say talents I mean his wife, to USC.

It would seem like Chris May should be able to get Colorado or maybe some of his old connections in the Big 12?

Colorado is in the Pac12.

"Or" is a conjunction joining two things. His saying, "Colorado or one of his old Big 12 connections" in no way claims Colorado is still in the Big 12.

I thought it was a nice goodwill gesture for us to do this with SIUE. Getting us to play in their gym is a nice boost for a new D-I program. It gives our guys an early season road game in a facility much like a lot of the A10 gyms without much travel hassle.

Our soccer programs have a long shared history, too.

Plus, it's an easy road trip for the fans, especially Roy.

White Pelican, to answer your question: http://www.siuecougars.com/facilities/Vadalabene_Center - Capacity is just over 4,000. Record crowd was 4,157, which was for the ESPNU Murray State game in 2012. We should try to beat it for the SLU game.

I don't want to be the fan base that complains that the one bigger program in the area won't play us, and then turn around and talk down to the other smaller area programs. I'd happily keep doing 2-for-1 series with SIUE.

Well said.

People will not want to schedule us now since we asked a player to leave against their will...we are the first team to ever do that so people will never play us again - oh my!

Their coach helped Alford cover up all the Pierre Pierce things. So they've got that going for them.

I can't decide if this is one of the top 75 h&h that we were looking for. It fits the description but seems to have a quick timeline from the post on 5/10.