Villanova Transfer Expresses Interest in Saint Louis

Taj79

well it is good to see i am the program cheerleader again and the rest of you can wear the pessimist hat for awhile now.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not talking about history. i am talking about right now. 2013.

Ok, but by that logic, we're better than Kentucky, Georgetown, and UCLA, and at least as good as UNC. Come on, dude. History is necessarily part of the discussion whenever we're comparing programs. How else do you think Nova is able to pull these **** recruits? From any objective standpoint (that considers more than just the events of the past month), Nova is the superior program.

All those transfers worked out pretty well for Mizzou this year now didn't they?

Transfers worked out well for Wichita State, which had 6 players from last year's team move on. There's no point in saying transfers absolutely work or they absolutely don't. Like every other type of recruit, it's case by case.

well it is good to see i am the program cheerleader again and the rest of you can wear the pessimist hat for awhile now.

By your logic, we are a bigger program than just about all but the 13-15 teams seeded ahead of us this past season. Kentucky, North Carolina, etc. we have passed them all by!!!!

All those transfers worked out pretty well for Mizzou this year now didn't they?

Considering the number of seniors that moved on from the previous year's team, and Dixon getting kicked off, they most likely don't make the tournament without the 3 transfers they brought in.

By your logic, we are a bigger program than just about all but the 13-15 teams seeded ahead of us this past season. Kentucky, North Carolina, etc. we have passed them all by!!!!

FGCU is probably one of the top 15 programs in the country now! Wichita St. is one of the top 4!

roy, I love the fact that you have come around to fully appreciate the great impact RM had on our program. ;)

Without Rotnei Clarke transferring to Butler, the Bulldogs would have been fighting for a CBI or CIT bid.

$hit ACE! We almost went one entire day without mentioning that friggin guy. :)

ok. i like that thinking. :D

roy, I love the fact that you have come around to fully appreciate the great impact RM had on our program. ;)

ace for the one millionth time. i always said rickma was a good basketball guy and that i had no doubt he would win. my issues were not directly basketball related. so if you think i am somehow endorsing rickma, other than the fact we currently have one of the top 15 programs in the country, there is nothing about rickma i like.

ace for the one millionth time. i always said rickma was a good basketball guy and that i had no doubt he would win. my issues were not directly basketball related. so if you think i am somehow endorsing rickma, other than the fact we currently have one of the top 15 programs in the country, there is nothing about rickma i like.

majerus was a saint, lighten up.

Come on roy. I know where you stand. That's why I put the winky guy ;)

So, yes or no, are you glad we hired RM?

I find it interesting that you tend to be a fan of Biondi, yet were so disgusted by RM. I suspect when the good Father kicks it, he will not be remembered as fondly as RM was.

Doesn't the fact that many if not most of the players loved him mean anything to you? Clearly he cared about his players and their success on and off the court. I can understand your saying you disagree with and dislike some of his antics. However, "other than the fact we currently have one of the top 15 programs in the country, there is nothing about rickma i like." this statement seems a bit ridiculous and over the top

Come on roy. I know where you stand. That's why I put the winky guy ;)

So, yes or no, are you glad we hired RM?

I find it interesting that you tend to be a fan of Biondi, yet were so disgusted by RM. I suspect when the good Father kicks it, he will not be remembered as fondly as RM was.

i am glad he changed a bit of the mindset of the university. i am happy we had a couple of good seasons. there is nothing else good about rickma. and i tend to think over time, rickma's current glow will greatly fade.

the run we just had was no better than the run spoon had in the mid 90's and judging by our current roster, if we dont have a good recruiting class, the top 15 program we are now could easily settle back to a level that would equate to pre grawer. very critical time and the reason i am for a longer term fix on players than jucos and transfers.

btw, before anyone goes off on my attacking saint rick, ace specifically asked my opinion, so i answered. he doesnt ask, i dont bring it up.

Doesn't the fact that many if not most of the players loved him mean anything to you? Clearly he cared about his players and their success on and off the court. I can understand your saying you disagree with and dislike some of his antics. However, "other than the fact we currently have one of the top 15 programs in the country, there is nothing about rickma i like." this statement seems a bit ridiculous and over the top

skip are you including the 20 players he ran off and the players he kept around but constantly referred to as "not my players" his first two years when you say, "most of the players"? my guess is that the number of players that he truly cared for and had the on and off court success isnt the glowing "most" you seem to think.

ace, as to biondi, i dont know if i consider it a fanship as much as a level of respect for his accomplishments. i will say i am greatly disappointed with the fact he did not get us in the new big east. i pin 100% of the blame on biondi. and it definitely doesnt put his being in my top echelon of people these days.

ace, as to biondi, i dont know if i consider it a fanship as much as a level of respect for his accomplishments. i will say i am greatly disappointed with the fact he did not get us in the new big east. i pin 100% of the blame on biondi. and it definitely doesnt put his being in my top echelon of people these days.

I think I agree with Roy on something. The board may explode. Asia for me was the big miss.

Villanova has made the tournament 32 times, the Final Four four times, and has a championship to boot. They have two **** recruits this year, two **** recruits last year, and three **** recruits the year before that. I like SLU as much as the next guy, but let's not kid ourselves.

It seems like it would be better to say "4-star" or "4*" than "****"; The four consecutive asterisks look like you're censoring profanity.