Villanova Transfer Expresses Interest in Saint Louis

Taj79

It may have already been said but just saw a tweet from ben that said Ben Weixlmann@BWeixScout4 Apr

It should be noted that Nova's Yacoubou went to Long Island Lutheran. The #SLU staff has a very good relationship with his HS coaches.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am glad he changed a bit of the mindset of the university. i am happy we had a couple of good seasons. there is nothing else good about rickma. and i tend to think over time, rickma's current glow will greatly fade.

the run we just had was no better than the run spoon had in the mid 90's and judging by our current roster, if we dont have a good recruiting class, the top 15 program we are now could easily settle back to a level that would equate to pre grawer. very critical time and the reason i am for a longer term fix on players than jucos and transfers.

btw, before anyone goes off on my attacking saint rick, ace specifically asked my opinion, so i answered. he doesnt ask, i dont bring it up.

A simple yes or no, are you glad we hired RM?

No comparison to how Spoon left the program and what RM built. The year following the end of the RM era, we just had the best season in the modern era, plus the roster is set up again to make the Dance for a 3rd straight time, a first in school history and better than what Spoon was able to accomplish. Also, Spoon's success was built on two key players from the previous coach, plus transfers and jucos (remember, you're not real fond of jucos and transfers). What RM's permanent replacement does with that type of success RM built is on them. The new coach will be able to sell back-to-back trips to the Dance and a good chance at a 3rd.

skip are you including the 20 players he ran off and the players he kept around but constantly referred to as "not my players" his first two years when you say, "most of the players"? my guess is that the number of players that he truly cared for and had the on and off court success isnt the glowing "most" you seem to think.

Can you name the 20 he ran off? How about 10? Yea, probably not.

imo we have surpassed villanova.

That's ludicrous, B'roy, and you know it. We aren't in the same Zip Code as Nova. Not even based on back to back tourney appearances. They are a name school in hoops. Heck they didn't have any problem in releasing a 4 star guard. We are struggling to get there. Evidence: What we're doing with JC, how much RM whined about certain things such as charters and recruiting budget. As long as we have El Supremo we will struggle, because he simply doesn't get the fact that a high athletics profile is a marketing tool and not a drain in a school's resources.

Another snippet from my Nova buddy .....

"He can shoot the three and is supposedly is our best perimeter defender. Why he did not play more when we absolutely sucked in defending the 3 is a big mystery. He got into Jay's dog house for some reason................................Jay seems to pick on one guy a year to be his whipping boy and that guy ends up transferring out. That's now 3 out of 4 recruits from this recruiting class that have opted out in the last calendar year. Marcus Kennedy, Tyrone Johnson and now Yacoubou. Seems like Jay has a serious retention problem."

Just FYI.

i stand by my opinion our program has surpassed villanova. i also think that it is just as easy to say that some high school junior out there could be our best player on the roster after this next season. however if we take lesser program nova's end of the bench guy, we might not have a scholarship for that very good now 17 year old junior in high school.

I would posit if you think we have passed 'Nova that it follows that you think JC is worth 800k+ if not here somewhere else.

Come on roy. I know where you stand. That's why I put the winky guy ;)

So, yes or no, are you glad we hired RM?

I find it interesting that you tend to be a fan of Biondi, yet were so disgusted by RM. I suspect when the good Father kicks it, he will not be remembered as fondly as RM was.

no

skip are you including the 20 players he ran off and the players he kept around but constantly referred to as "not my players" his first two years when you say, "most of the players"? my guess is that the number of players that he truly cared for and had the on and off court success isnt the glowing "most" you seem to think.

Still looking for the names of the 20 he ran off? Heck I'd take 10 or even 5

The Bills .....A+

Nova...........A-

In A-10 speak....Nova is closest to Butler.....both A-

Closest player on Butler to Yacoubou is guard Alex Barlow

............................GP........Min.......PPG.........RPG..........APG.......FG%.......FT%......3P%

Yacoubou...........31..........12.........2.9............2.6..............0.5.........41.8%......50%......39.6%

Barlow.................35..........19.4......2.3............2.7.............1.9..........43.1%......73.3%.....25%

This is for comparsion only. I am not advocating for Yacoubou or Barlow.

Bottomline ....If you would be happy taking a guard from Butler like Barlow then yoiu should be happy with a player like Yacoubou from Nova.

The Bills .....A+

Nova...........A-

............................GP........Min.......PPG.........RPG..........APG.......FG%.......FT%......3P%

Yacoubou...........31..........12.........2.9............2.6..............0.5.........41.8%......50%......39.6%

Barlow.................35..........19.4......2.3............2.7.............1.9..........43.1%......73.3%.....25%

Bottomline ....If you would be happy taking a guard from Butler like Barlow then yoiu should be happy with a player like Yacoubou from Nova.

This isn't really a good way to look at it. It doesn't take in potential or why the minutes were low. In addition the stats aren't even that similar. In equal minutes Yac would score double what Barlow did if the stats per minute stayed the same. In addition one shoots 40% from 3 and one shoots 25%

I'm sure you can find similar stats from many players without the players being equal

This isn't really a good way to look at it. It doesn't take in potential or why the minutes were low. In addition the stats aren't even that similar. In equal minutes Yac would score double what Barlow did if the stats per minute stayed the same. In addition one shoots 40% from 3 and one shoots 25%

I'm sure you can find similar stats from many players without the players being equal

I could have found a more similar player in the Pac-12 but I tried to find an A-10 team that was similar to Nova with a player who was at least in the same ball park. I fugured it would be better if people at least have some recognition rather than choosing another completely obscure player.

I could have found a more similar player in the Pac-12 but I tried to find an A-10 team that was similar to Nova with a player who was at least in the same ball park. I fugured it would be better if people at least have some recognition rather than choosing another completely obscure player.

But your comparison provides no recognition as the players aren't remotely similar. Barlow is a 5'11" walk on guard and Yacoubou is a 6'4" highly recruited guard. To say if we'd be happy with Yacoubou means we should be happy with Barlow is simply ridiculous.

But your comparison provides no recognition as the players aren't remotely similar. Barlow is a 5'11" walk on guard and Yacoubou is a 6'4" highly recruited guard. To say if we'd be happy with Yacoubou means we should be happy with Barlow is simply ridiculous.

Well Butler is not the same type of team that Nova is....but from a numbers point of view they are similar....both A-. Yacoubou is different type player than Barlow but they are both guards from like ranked teams with similar stats which is why I used them for comparision purposes. I listed some stats so posters could see some similarities and some differences. Of course numbers never speak to hidden potential or growth or development

The Bills .....A+

Nova...........A-

This is your post. Sorry but you missed the boat on this one. The players aren't even remotely similar except they are both guards and your last sentence is way wrong and misleading. I get what you were trying to do, but you missed.

This is your post. Sorry but you missed the boat on this one. The players aren't even remotely similar except they are both guards and your last sentence is way wrong and misleading. I get what you were trying to do, but you missed.

So is it your opinion that Yacoubou is a star player that got lost in the Nova system? Where do you think he would have fit in on this year's Bills team? Would he have been a starter?

So is it your opinion that Yacoubou is a star player that got lost in the Nova system? Where do you think he would have fit in on this year's Bills team? Would he have been a starter?

That's not what I said at all. This is like arguing with someone who says 2+2=5. Nevermind, You're right if you'd take Yacoubou you should be willing take take Barlow as they are similar players with similar stats and 2=2 is actually 5

That's not what I said at all. This is like arguing with someone who says 2+2=5. Nevermind, You're right if you'd take Yacoubou you should be willing take take Barlow as they are similar players with similar stats and 2=2 is actually 5

Not arguing....just asked a few questions to get your opinion.