When will an announcement be made?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally embarrassed right now.

Has our sarcasm become so advanced that this is a joke and I'm just not recognizing it? Because sometimes that happens to me. People think I'm serious and just FYI I'm never serious.

This still falls back on Biondi he has no love for athletics until it comes time to collect the money it produces! It is a total embarrassment for the program, fans and school.

Possible reasons for delay...

1) Ramsey and Doc Chaifetz are making a covert run at Howland or some other big name coach

2) Biondi is trying to manufacture an issue which might distract people for a moment away from his other problems

3) Biondi is just being a d!ck for his own twisted amusment.

Am I missing any other possible reasons?

1) Ramsey and Doc Chaifetz are making a covert run at Howland or some other big name coach

2) Biondi is trying to manufacture an issue which might distract people for a moment away from his other problems

General incompetence.

Perhaps we are having The Veteran's Administration handle the paperwork.

Seriously the SLPD article (online) reports that according to CBS it appears something will be announced before the Final 4 games tomorrow. Good.

Now get a few quality recruits (at least one BIG) and get into the new BE and we are in good shape.

Seriously the SLPD article (online) reports that according to CBS it appears something will be announced before the Final 4 games tomorrow. Good.

Now get a few quality recruits (at least one BIG) and get into the new BE and we are in good shape.

Kind of sad that the local paper has to rely on CBS for what is going on with the local coach.

maybe the parties concerned would just rather be out recruiting instead of taking a day off to have a a signing ceremony

Kind of sad that the local paper has to rely on CBS for what is going on with the local coach.

I think they are just going off of this less than definitive report - http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22007415/saint-louis-expected-to-lift-interim-tag-off-crews

SLU "expected" to lift interim tag AND the school "could" make an announcement before the Final Four

so you think it would help if we got into the new big east? that would be an advantage?

4) Biondi has a flat on his golf cart and won't walk to Chaifetz to the press conference.

We're finalizing the details of a 12 year $80 million contract with John Calipari. Bobby Knight will be a senior advisor and Mike Rice will be hired as the lead assistant coach.

No Kelvin Sampson? Disappointing at best.

No Kelvin Sampson? Disappointing at best.

Bingo. My inside sources say Kevin was the hold up. He was set to be named the head coach until the subject of phone bills came up. Biondi thought he should pay for his and his asst's per SLU tradition. When Kevin tried to make good Father aware of the size of his phone bills, the entire deal unraveled.

maybe the parties concerned would just rather be out recruiting instead of taking a day off to have a a signing ceremony

Quit being positive dammit!!! Don't you know this is FearAndLoathing.com!!!!

Could it be they really were waiting for the COY's to be announced and that it's been a done deal for awhile? That they wanted to make a big splash at the presser by announcing SLU's new HC is JC, the Naismith COY? And if he doesn't win it, there's really no problem in holding back the announcement if it truly is a done deal?