Bills by 10 over NMSU

The Wiz

First, to cleanup a few old matters

We finish the season at 15th ranked. Our numbers improved a lot during the tourney but we are in rarified air and it is difficult to move much in the top 15. However, if we keep winning we will move higher.

Great wiin over VCU. On my earlier post I was looking for us to hold them to 30% from the arc. Final total--16.7%....another super effort against a good 3 pt team....BTW, whatever happened to all the VCU trolls...they didn't even come back to wish us well. I guess it is like cockroaches when you turn the lights on....they scatter.

As for our upcoming game with NMSU, on paper they look scary big....but in real life they are scary bad. Well, maybe bad is a bit harsh. They are a B team similar in ranking to Richmond. They are not a very good shooting 3 pt team. Magic numbers for this game are 8 and 27...8 or less shots from the arc with a shooting % of 27 or less.

If we set the tempo and control the game and not get freaked out by Shrek then we should Crews to victory.

I'd rather have OK State. Neutralize the crowd factor. Although, the crowd factor didn't matter much today.

And add another ranked team to the win list, but I think it will be duck hunting on Saturday.

Duck Dynasty is foucking hilarious. I heard Phil was a QB for LSU back in the day. Happy, Happy, Happy

The thing we better be leary of and our trainers better be on top of is the travel. Travel to NYC what Wed or Thurs. Play 3 games in 3 days, 2 of them against tourney teams. Fly back to Stl on Sunday evening/night and them Monday afternoon back to San Jose for a Thursday afternoon tip off. I don't care who we play, I honestly believe we are a top 10-12 team in the country. However, that is a lot of travel and if we are very proactive, the guys are going to have trouble getting their legs under them

Yeah, New Mexico State is terrible. Maybe NMSU should just forfeit.

What do you expect when you come to hang out on our board? You have a solid squad, you made the tournament so congrats but of course we think we are going to beat you.

Duck Dynasty is foucking hilarious. I heard Phil was a QB for LSU back in the day. Happy, Happy, Happy

The thing we better be leary of and our trainers better be on top of is the travel. Travel to NYC what Wed or Thurs. Play 3 games in 3 days, 2 of them against tourney teams. Fly back to Stl on Sunday evening/night and them Monday afternoon back to San Jose for a Thursday afternoon tip off. I don't care who we play, I honestly believe we are a top 10-12 team in the country. However, that is a lot of travel and if we are very proactive, the guys are going to have trouble getting their legs under them

It was actually LaTech where he started in front of Terry Bradshaw.

I am not a hunter whatsoever, but that show is pretty damn funny. Very staged at times, but still pretty damn funny!

I wasnt trying to knock anyone here, I think it was a funny out come giving the height difference. obviously they must have done damage from mid range and out.

The only real decent team NMSU played this year was UNM, and they got handled both times (Though they did play Southern Miss early in the season and won). They won the WAC conference, but the WAC is not a good conference (13 on real time RPI). 13 of the teams they played had an RPI of over 200.

I do think they will be absolutely overwhelmed by the level of our defense, and I suspect them toplay a zone as their big man won't be able to run with Loe on the perimeter. Whether they play a zone or not, I dont know but I dont know how their 7'5 guy will roll with Loe being able to crush it from the 3.

If our guys don't lay an egg like Rhode Island, I predict a double digit win. I just hope our guys aren't looking past NMSU.

@wgstl...Denver (B+) is a better team than NMSU ( B )

@ slufanskip....I hate that the A-10 runs their tourney till minutes before Selection Sunday. Other teams are celebrating Selection Sunday in their arenas...we are at a Best Buy store in NJ. A lost publicity opportunity for the Bills and the A-10. Plus, as you mentioned in your post, it puts us at a physical disadvantage with no break between tournys. Look at a team like Creighton. They have have a 10 day break to rest and recover and get ready to travel. Hopefully, the new BE will not have their tourney stretch to Selection Sunday.

Here, let us feign nervousness when we went 8-2 against tournament teams...

No game is a sure win, but we have had a great season. Honest question, has the big guy broken any backboards in his career with you guys?

a 7'5" 330lb guy on the perimeter=open paint for our killer back-court to have their way with.

Rob Loe for 13 with three 3 pointers and 5 assists coming off of the swing pass to him on the wing, and a nice little bounce pass to Kwam or Evans cutting post.

What do you expect when you come to hang out on our board? You have a solid squad, you made the tournament so congrats but of course we think we are going to beat you.

I'm not complaining. I don't have a problem with Bilikin fans or the "experts" predicting a St. Louis win. That's to be expected in a 4-vs-13 matchup. The WAC gets no respect and neither does NMSU. I don't think this Aggie team goes will go into the game with a chip on their shoulder, but they do welcome the chance to prove the experts wrong. While we can expect the usual "coaches speak" in which opposing coaches tell the media how great the other team is, listen to what they'll have to say about NMSU.

That being said, I think the game will be won in the backcourt where St. Louis appears to have a big edge. If the Bilikins are hitting jumpshots and threes and can slow down the NMSU guards, St. Louis will win. If NMSU can control the paint and put pressure on the St. Louis guards, NMSU will have a chance.