Recruiting - 2013

ejh08i.jpg

This drives home the need for a guard this year. If we do not sign one for the 13-14 season or a transfer for the 14-15 season, we'll have McBroom, Crawford, and freshmen in the back court in 14 -15. My how things have changed As it stands we have 6 players on the roster for 14-15 and 4 of them are bigs.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to say yes to something when there is nothing to say yes to. I will let you read between the lines.

I know this should go in the D is T thread; however, one side of the story can be told. I'm sure that one would never publicly reveal on Twitter that their GPA was on life support at best and didn't really feel like putting in effort in their life in an all around fashion. People will always put their best foot forward even if it is prosthetic.

Maybe I am too dense, but this statement confused me. Seems like you're insinuating there are NO further offers out to the class of 2013....

Anyone else read it that way?

I don't get how a school can block a transfer. This is where someone should take the NCAA to court. You (the NCAA) say your scholarship is for 1 year. You choose not to renew, or I choose not to renew ... I'm free. The NCAA could not win. There isn't a freaking way in hell. The it's a private organization shouldn't work as most if not every school receives tax payers money of some sort. I'll never understand why there isn't a line of lawyers waiting to sue.

That's something I'm not 100% sure on with the scholarships. Is there a mutual option to not renew, or is it only in the school's hands?

Maybe I am too dense, but this statement confused me. Seems like you're insinuating there are NO further offers out to the class of 2013....

Maybe he's talking about RO.

JettFlight5 I think we are talking about a contract between a school and a player. The school writes the contract (the usual requirements are not very strict in any way that cannot be modified by the proper language) and they write whatever they decide they want to write to protect themselves and give themselves some freedom of action. The player either signs or does not sign, this is a contract of adhesion, the player cannot modify it. The player has no recourse unless they wish to take the school to court, and thereby torpedo any kind of opportunity they may have elsewhere. This is one thing Drew did wrong, by going public with his (avowedly one sided) story he is placing himself in a position he does not want to have when dealing with a new school contract / scholarship.

I was more thinking of this scenario:

Kid wants to transfer, but the coach doesn't want him to go.

In a mutual case, he could go without a problem; if it's like a baseball club option, all the school would have to do is renew the player's scholarship and he's not allowed to transfer.

Before anyone asks about this, yes, I am an MD. However I have been in court as an expert witness many many times and know a fair amount about contracts and court proceedings. Depends upon the coach and the school and what they want to do in this situation you describe.

Before anyone asks about this, yes, I am an MD. However I have been in court as an expert witness many many times and know a fair amount about contracts and court proceedings.

I doubt anyone was going to ask.

Bam Doctored!

Before anyone asks about this, yes, I am an MD. However I have been in court as an expert witness many many times and know a fair amount about contracts and court proceedings. Depends upon the coach and the school and what they want to do in this situation you describe.

Pelican's post was in response to my earlier post that I wish one of these guards we're after would say yes. His response was you can't say yes when you haven't been asked. This led me to believe we haven't officially offered any of the guards we're supposedly after. I didn't take it as we're done w/ spring recruiting, just that RO, the Nova kid, Jordan Strawberry et al have not received an offer sheet from SLU. I was under the impression we'd offered RO and the Nova kid, but Pelican's response seems to imply we haven't.

No way!

Well I am pretty important.

I often consult with medical doctors as well. Sometimes doctors offices advertise with us so I know pretty much everything about their profession.

Well I am pretty important.

I often consult with medical doctors as well. Sometimes doctors offices advertise with us so I know pretty much everything about their profession.

Jethro Beaudine was studying to be a brain surgeon, while I was busy studying Elly Mae's mammograms. But I'd never let him cut on me, nor would I want to cut on anyone either.

Pelican's post was in response to my earlier post that I wish one of these guards we're after would say yes. His response was you can't say yes when you haven't been asked. This led me to believe we haven't officially offered any of the guards we're supposedly after. I didn't take it as we're done w/ spring recruiting, just that RO, the Nova kid, Jordan Strawberry et al have not received an offer sheet from SLU. I was under the impression we'd offered RO and the Nova kid, but Pelican's response seems to imply we haven't.

If this true then I am really confused now - how could it be that we have no offers out?