Recruiting - 2013

Right, we're an enigma w/in an enigma. I think we're going to be surprised by these last two scholies. Names out of nowhere. A foreigner possibly? An unknown JUCO? A hidden gem from the playgrounds of Chicago or New York? Only the shadow knows, and I'm not the shadow.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need you and JMM to serve as expert witnesses for a court case next week. Let's do lunch.

You know I can't do lunch with you guys. I only do lunch with captains of industry and other distinguished gentlemen with significant economic and political power.

You know I can't do lunch with you guys. I only do lunch with captains of industry and other distinguished gentlemen with significant economic and political power.

Fine. I'll tell my helicopter pilot to not pick you up. JMM will get two lobsters.

Fine. I'll tell my helicopter pilot to not pick you up. JMM will get two lobsters.

Having your kid in the backseat making helicopter noises while you drive Boytoy to Red Lobster does not qualify you as a 'captain of industry', sir.

Oh, we're rolling now. Rammer is Iron Man 3. If there's a God, he will end the Spring signing period... like yesterday.

No, the Rammer is the original; he just made others stand in for him.

It's hard to say yes to something when there is nothing to say yes to. I will let you read between the lines.

I know this should go in the D is T thread; however, one side of the story can be told. I'm sure that one would never publicly reveal on Twitter that their GPA was on life support at best and didn't really feel like putting in effort in their life in an all around fashion. People will always put their best foot forward even if it is prosthetic.

Well, I'm hoping SLU's APR doesn't take a hit, then. It already took one with Carter's transfer and now if Drew adds poor progress on top of his transfer....

Well, I'm hoping SLU's APR doesn't take a hit, then. It already took one with Carter's transfer and now if Drew adds poor progress on top of his transfer....

Why did the APR take a hit with Carter's transfer? I thought it was assumed we were fine because he is going to Valpo which is another D-I school. If he wasn't on track at SLU, then he wouldn't be eligible to play at Valpo and likely would have gone D-II or lower like Brett Thompson, right?

Sounds like you might be able to join my regular lunch group. Will you and JMM have hookers and blow as well?

Isn't that normal for a businessman lunch? I know a great spot to dump the bodies afterwords too.

Why did the APR take a hit with Carter's transfer? I thought it was assumed we were fine because he is going to Valpo which is another D-I school. If he wasn't on track at SLU, then he wouldn't be eligible to play at Valpo and likely would have gone D-II or lower like Brett Thompson, right?

Also, he finished out his fall semester before transferring from SLU and picked up right away the following semester with Valpo, so he is still on track, as of right now, for graduation. He didn't leave mid-semester and fall behind,a s far as I can tell. Considering he was sitting on the Valpo bench, in uniform, during their conference schedule should be a good indication that he was enrolled at the time and going to class.

while i dont pretend to know any specifics about carter, i could see a scenario where he wasnt on pace to graduate (flunked or incompleted classes) however valpo took knowing between the spring and summer classes they felt they could "catch him up" with the academics. if that was the case, he would indeed be a hit to our apr.

plus isnt the apr subject to a hit just for a player leaving the program then a second hit if they are academically behind at the moment? pretty sure that is the case.

man, i just noticed the wiz is actually following this topic... (button at top right of page) what a psycho. does that mean he's received as many as 3,520 emails keeping him abreast (yuck yuck yuck) of the goings on here? i can only imagine the analysis he's conducting... sh!t, he might be dead... nobody could handle that much spam e-mail. not on strong acid, man...

i just cant decide if i want to hang out at a corner old man's bar with MB or not. on one hand i think he would be one crabby old fouck on the other hand, i think just to listen to him rant would be pretty good entertainment. i guess if he is buying shots i'd hang. who's with me?

Jethro Beaudine was studying to be a brain surgeon, while I was busy studying Elly Mae's mammograms. But I'd never let him cut on me, nor would I want to cut on anyone either.

You know, back when TLC used to be about learning they ran a show about brain surgery. It really didn't look that hard. I couldn't diagnose the problem or come up with the plan of action but the actual surgery I could probably do. One incision, retract the scalp out of the way, drill one 3mm hole through the skull using a freaking dewalt drill with a collar to control depth, get a rotozip tool with a foot attached and put the foot under the skull and gently cut out a 5cm chunk of bone, find a vein in the retracted scalp that can be attached to the chunk of brain that's not getting enough blood, suture that into place, enlarge the original drilled hole to accomodate the vein from the scalp, screw the bone chunk back in with titanium errector set pieces and that same Dewalt drill/driver and stitch up the scalp. Easy Peasy.......

i just cant decide if i want to hang out at a corner old man's bar with MB or not. on one hand i think he would be one crabby old fouck on the other hand, i think just to listen to him rant would be pretty good entertainment. i guess if he is buying shots i'd hang. who's with me?

I'm in......

Roy,

My understanding (from reading the guidelines) is that the NCAA makes an exception for student-athletes that transfer to another school while in good academic standing. So, therefore, you don't get an automatic hit just for the player transferring, as long as the player was academically eligible when he transferred. (The NCAA gives a point for a student-athlete on scholarship being currently enrolled and another point for that player being academically eligible.)

Yep, it is about time that you and I meet. Need to be careful, though, the goddam IRS is on my tail. Drones all around, too.