Recruiting - 2013

Bizzle's right, he's going to make sure it's a place he's comfortable. That said, I'm very, very impressed with the relatively short time frame he and his family have developed and carried out a quick, focused spring recruiting period they never anticipated facing in the first place. 4 weeks ago he was still going to Washington State. Now he's visiting his third of four final schools after getting about a dozen offers.

Whenever I see BYU pop up on the recruiting trail, I just assume the kid is Mormon. Does anyone know with Lancona? BYU really doesn't make sense for anyone who isn't Mormon, so if the Lanconas had a good conversation with Dave Rose a couple weeks ago, I hope they're aware of what the school is like outside of basketball.

Even Jabbari Parker (Duke) took a trip to Provo. No way in hell he was going there, but I guess it was a faith-based thing.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think Lancona reads this, do you?

If so, someone go back to page 94 and say SKIP AHEAD TO PAGE 97 and then I think we're all right. Then again, I think he'll understand the overall theme is, "hot women, accomplished guys, crazy institution" and pretty much agree.

But seriously, what the heck is going on with Randy Onwuasor? Is he going to vist Seton Hall? When is the Spring Signing period over (yes, i know it's been asked 10x times already)?

He's waiting to see if this thread makes it to 100 pages.

I'm waiting to be the 2000th post on this thread.

Psssh 2,000 means nothing. Post 1,981 is going to be the one that puts it up to 100 pages and 2,001 is going to put it over 100.

I suppose 2,000 will complete the 100th page, but I doubt anyone will notice until the next post puts it over 100.

If the school is paying for it and you never met any Mormons it would be a classy way to meet them on their best behavior.

Salt Lake City was a very lonely place to spend a weekend when I was in my 20s

The Native American Indians could find whiskey and hang out on the street corners; the mountains, skiing, The Tabernacle were impressive no matter what faith you have. I did find out that week night prayer meetings and church events made up most of the social

Scene. I am sure people get invited rather easily. If you like being recruited it could be habitual.

Well, the hat is now in the ring.

Yeah, I was being a little dramatic. He is still only a freshman. I generally don't like the trend of coaches making offers to younger and younger kids. It seems kind sleezy to try to recruit a kid who can't even drive. However, it seems to me that this is probably a special situation. SLU offering Tatum at such a young age, imo, is different than Kentucky offering Tatum because #1 his dad played here and #2 he is local.