Recruiting - 2013

Yeah, I was being a little dramatic. He is still only a freshman. I generally don't like the trend of coaches making offers to younger and younger kids. It seems kind sleezy to try to recruit a kid who can't even drive. However, it seems to me that this is probably a special situation. SLU offering Tatum at such a young age, imo, is different than Kentucky offering Tatum because #1 his dad played here and #2 he is local.

I agree with what you've said. This is a special case for the reasons noted.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Psssh 2,000 means nothing. Post 1,981 is going to be the one that puts it up to 100 pages and 2,001 is going to put it over 100.

I suppose 2,000 will complete the 100th page, but I doubt anyone will notice until the next post puts it over 100.

WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF POOTER D!CKHEAD!?!?

i've been here for 13 hours. i'm going the fuok home. haven't even got to read the recruits thread until just now. fuok me.

any thought as to whether Randy Onwasaur is waiting on a test score or not?

I doubt very much that this is an issue. If it were a concern, there would probably be some whispers about him possibly going to prep school, JUCO or maybe looking towards other schools with easier academics. As it stands right now, he is deciding between schools such as SLU, Seton Hall, Pitt and Miami-OH, all of which have decent to excellent academic reputations. I'd also state that making a statement like this is nothing more than pure speculation. You might want to be careful bringing up questions like this, even if innocently, as it doesn't take much for speculation to spread as if the truth.

But seriously, what the heck is going on with Randy Onwuasor? Is he going to vist Seton Hall? When is the Spring Signing period over (yes, i know it's been asked 10x times already)?

Doubtful. Seton Hall is now out of scholarships to give. Unless they're shoving someone out the door, they don't have room for Randy Onwuasor.

Achraf Yacoubou alert! Two tweets in the last 5 minutes after nothing for weeks:

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria 5m

Transferring Villanova G Achraf Yacoubou visited St. Louis and is planning visits to Pitt & Georgia Tech, LuHi coach John Buck tells @SNYtv

Ceese Carcieri @CESPN1 4m

Nova guard Achraf Yacoubou visited St. Louis and he is planning visits to Pittsburgh and GT.

Anyone know exactly when he was here?

Was he one of the "juco" guys on campus this week?

No, he is not a juco. I hadn't heard that he visited. I would be fine taking him over Randy. Even though he will only have two years of eligibility, he is a higher rated player than Randy. The list of schools interested in him coming out of high school, plus the schools interested now are strong indicators that the kid has game.

One way to keep this thread going for years and years is to provide updates on how the recruits we failed to land are doing. I always keep an eye on that. A couple of recent misses, Patrick Ingram and Iowa and the kid at Tennessee... Ingram didn't play much, but the Chievous (sp?) kid at Tenn started contributing late in the season as a redshirt freshman. I saw him a couple times and he looks like he would have been a nice player for us. I will try to catch Djambo when Clemson in on the tube and hope that he is he not very good. I will also keep on eye on the Price kid at TCU. I watched Crossland a few times, would have been a decent role player for us, but would not have made a big impact.

Not sure how much stock to take in that site. They don't even list him on Miami's page.

True, but I would rather see us upgraded to "High" than downgraded to "Low".

I think it has more to do with SLU's interest in Onwuasor and Lancona that got upgraded from Medium to High, not the other way around.

Knight should be downgraded back to medium, at best. The algorithm will catch up eventually.