DE - A-10 Player of the Week

wow. averaged 21.5 pts and 12 boards in the two wins. that is out of control, ESPECIALLY for a guy who's 6'5". just incredible. despite being undersized, if he could average that for us next season, we'll win the national title again and he'll go to the NBA. i like toitles.

as ridiculous as it sounds, charles barkley was 6'6" (if that) 250 or so at auburn. averaged about 14 pts and just under 10 rebs per game for his career. shot 63% from the field, not a great FT shooter. was drafted 5th overall in 1984. did ok in the pros.

dwayne is 6'5" 230, and i'm sure he'll come back even bigger next year. has averaged 16.5 pts and 8.2 rebs during our win streak, against teams that know he's going to do it, too. while he doesn't have anywhere near the freakish athleticism of barkley, he definitely has smarts and a fire inside him.

serious question: with the increased exposure the bills have been getting, could SHAFT make an NBA roster if he continues to improve?

he'll definitely have to improve the jumper.

agreed, although that 19 footer he hit going to his left off a screen from just inside the top of the key against st. joe's was a thing of beauty made that perfect swish/hitting the plate underneath the rim sound as it went through. i think he's just so focused on getting into his little automatic zone where he can pop right-handed baby hooks all day that he neglects the outside part of his game a bit. sh!t, if i could score at will on the inside, even against much bigger defenders, i probably would, too.

I doubt it. He would have to develop an outside game. Because, in the league, he'd be a 3. Also, putting on more bulk this off season would be disadvantageous to his nba prospects. That bulk would certainly help him improve his college numbers, but is not the size of a guy who has to battle and keep up with long athletic 3's in the league.

I think the best current nba comparison to dwayne is Kwahi Leonard. Leonard is listed at 6'7, can board, but also has the range to stroke it from 3. So, not only is leonard more athletic, he also shoot the three and has 2 inches on evans.

Dwayne would have to play in Europe a few years and perhaps might get invited to a camp or picked up on a 10 day contract here or there, but being drafted next year is something I do not see.

I don't see an NBA future for Evans. He's a little short for the style he plays. BillyKen is right about the tools and attributes he'd need to get drafted.

That said, he can make a great living playing overseas for a while. And his sister (Wash U School of Law) is trying to get him to go to law school. Whatever the kid does, he's going to do well and I'm not worried about him.

I think he definitely has enough of a jumper (and potentially 3 ball), but due to the style of play and the non-need to work on that shot (when he can practically score at will inside), he'll get overlooked. If he starts to display that more next year on occasion, especially if he can get the 3-ball to go in at a high percentage - 35+%...he'd have a shot.

NBA teams LOVE size more then anything. that's why no one will take pressey early, to much of a gamble. That being said NBA teams love players at a 2 spot maybe 3 who can not just go down low, but be effective. I have a feeling DE is aware that next year, he will be taking even more shots, and he knows if he wants a good career ANYWHERE he has to develop a better mid range/3 point shot. Depending on how this shot develops will obviously determine where he ends up playing. Hes a smart guy, and hes very determined. I think after the break he will bust out a lethal shot.

I just don't think he'll be able to get on the NBA radar due to his height and lack of outside shooting for his position. Now, if he is able to average a double-double his senior year, along with taking more threes and hitting in the mid-30's, then he could end up getting a look. It seemed like during his sophomore season, he was working a little more on being a threat from the outside (9-26 for the season) and that he would develop that part of his game this season. However, it hasn't been really required from his this season, as he is much more valuable banging inside, grabbing boards and driving the lane.

I will say this. When it comes to Evans, I will never doubt him. His tenacity is off the charts. If he wants something, I can see him reaching for and getting it. So while it is easy for those of us on the outside to doubt his ability to get to the NBA, I wouldn't put it past him to overachieve all of our speculations and get himself drafted. He is just that type of special player.

Well deserved, not just going by the stats, but the fact that he is a "go-to" post player who wants to take the responsibility to score in the clutch... and then he does it. To boot, a ferocious rebounder and effective in most every phase of his game. Good ballplayer, a key to our success. Stepped up.