Mike Crawford

Our lone recruit for next year Mike Crawford led Tipton HS to victory tonight over Madison grant 70-58 to advance to the regional semifinals in class 2A. Crawford poured in 35 points and also became just the 43rd player in Indiana HS basketball history to score over 2000 points in their career.

With Drew, MacBroom they could be real assets, as always we need that large body rebounder when DE graduates we are going to have a double-double and 35 minutes to fill

I saw Mike play and he has it; drive, presence, walks and conducts himself in a really noticeable way-he is smart and an athlete. He will play a lot next year. He is most like Scott Highmark in size but is more explosive than Scott. He has strong legs and goes to the hoop like JJ.

We'll have to wait to see him. I saw him differently than you did. As to Scott Highmark, he was one of my favorite Billikens of all-time; steady, stable, smart. I just don't recall an explosive move to the basket like JJ has. He was aggressive, I do recall that. All I am saying is that Crawford seems to be the type of player RM looked for.

I saw Mike play and he has it; drive, presence, walks and conducts himself in a really noticeable way-he is smart and an athlete. He will play a lot next year. He is most like Scott Highmark in size but is more explosive than Scott. He has strong legs and goes to the hoop like JJ.

to infer crawford is "an upgraded" scott highmark is quite the statement. highmark was a superb leader, a top ten all time scorer and a solid billiken hall of famer. call me apprehensive, but imo you are treading on hallowed territory. i hope you are right.

We'll have to wait to see him. I saw him differently than you did. As to Scott Highmark, he was one of my favorite Billikens of all-time; steady, stable, smart. I just don't recall an explosive move to the basket like JJ has. He was aggressive, I do recall that. All I am saying is that Crawford seems to be the type of player RM looked for.

Yes, very smart. Would prefer to shoot outside, but when his shot wasn't falling, was not afraid to take it to the hoop...especially his Sr yr.

Agree with Roy...he would have to be VERY special to be an upgrade over SH.

mhg

Didn't infer that at all. I just thought MC was more explosive to the hoop than I recall SH being. Obviously, as I said , SH was one of my all time favorites. Scott Highmark's shooting from outside was great; he was a good defender, and a steady rebounder. Read it again. I just said it appeared to me after watching Crawford several times he had a quicker move to the hoop that I recall Scott had--could be wrong. SH had many skills I haven't seen yet in this kid.

Just just to clarify, Roy, you inferred, Fan may have unintensionally implied

i wasnt an english major. in fact i hate english majors. mf'rs always worried about the right word, punctuation, spelling, etc. f that.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fansince59" data-cid="348799" data-time="1362339888"><p>

We'll have to wait to see him. I saw him differently than you did. As to Scott Highmark, he was one of my favorite Billikens of all-time; steady, stable, smart. I just don't recall an explosive move to the basket like JJ has. He was aggressive, I do recall that. All I am saying is that Crawford seems to be the type of player RM looked for.</p></blockquote>

I saw his photo. Looks like a very cerebral ball player.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BACKHANDtheRICAN" data-cid="348826" data-time="1362349062"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fansince59" data-cid="348799" data-time="1362339888"><p><br />

We'll have to wait to see him. I saw him differently than you did. As to Scott Highmark, he was one of my favorite Billikens of all-time; steady, stable, smart. I just don't recall an explosive move to the basket like JJ has. He was aggressive, I do recall that. All I am saying is that Crawford seems to be the type of player RM looked for.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

I saw his photo. Looks like a very cerebral ball player.</p></blockquote>

I hear he's a scrappy gym rat.

Highmark was outstanding; kinda early to put this recruit into anything close to Scott's category.

ESPN: Crawford is a 2*, "65 ESPN points" on the scale, 6'4", 195 SG, offers from Yale, Stetson, Lamar, and Gardner-Webb.

• 4 months later...

Crawford tweeted this earlier today:

Scored a 5 on my AP Calculus

Very impressive. That AP Calc test is no joke. Good to hear that Crawford is very smart and also that he is already knocking out some college credit.

Depending on which AP calc he took that could already knock out 10 hours or so. Looks like we won't have to worry about young Mr. Crawford hurting our APR score.

Depending on which AP calc he took that could already knock out 10 hours or so. Looks like we won't have to worry about young Mr. Crawford hurting our APR score.

Lets hope he gets us into the AP Top 5 that matters! Nice work, MC.

10 hours? Back when I was in highschool AP tests were worth 4 hours at most. What gives?

10 hours? Back when I was in highschool AP tests were worth 4 hours at most. What gives?

The calc test can be worth a lot more depending on where you go to school. I only got 3 hours at most for mine, but I think SLU will give you a lot for calculus.

The calc test can be worth a lot more depending on where you go to school. I only got 3 hours at most for mine, but I think SLU will give you a lot for calculus.

I got a ton of credit for my AP classes at Rockhurst. I think it was 8 for BC Calc.