A Jersey Guy Update - BE & C7

RiseAndGrind

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Marquette push for Creighton over us?

Obviously because they want exposure in that basketball rich recruiting environment of....Omaha?

This really does not make sense unless one assumes that Marquette looks at SLU and says, "SLU is really coming on strong in terms of commitment to basketball, we don't want to have to compete with them, but Creighton, although a good program, doesn't have the high end potential that SLU has, at least on paper." That is the only thing that makes sense to me. Getting to Omaha is not easier than getting to St. Louis. There is no historic rivalry there to the extent that there is with SLU. Creighton will not be as big of a draw as SLU would be, especially in Milwaukee. And Marquette doesn't have nearly the focus on recruiting students from Omaha relative to St. Louis.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="grunky" data-cid="345113" data-time="1361496717"><p>

if this is the case... the A-10 should be fine as long as we can add Cinci and/or Memphis</p></blockquote>

+1

This is the same guy who broke the original C7 news. Hope he is wrong.

He may have broke the original C7 news but pretty much everything he has written since then has been wrong. For example, he was the one that wrote that Cinci and UConn could join the 10 basketball only schools in the new conference. I don't put much stock in it.

Once again - blah, blah, blah. I'm gonna keep enjoying this season and not give a **** about this BS talk. Go Bills in 2013!!

Sage advice, besides I heard through a convoluted grapevine they're adding Zaga, St. Marys, and Portland to truly make it a national conference. That means the A-10 stays intact and will have a higher RPI than the C7.

My head is spinning over this whole issue - I have no idea who is right or who is wrong anymore. Right now I just want to know the outcome. If VCU and Dayton stay in the A10 and we have to stay then I guess we could be OK - not great. Why would Memphis or Cincy join the A10 - they still have football to worry about.

I would hate to lose the opportunity to play Georgetown and Marquette and continuing with X and Butler but Seton Hall, St. Johns, Providence, DePaul??? They all seem to have alot more downs than ups in the recent past. Is there a BCS team that has underachieved and been more anonymous than DePaul in this century?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="cheeseman" data-cid="345230" data-time="1361551075"><p>

My head is spinning over this whole issue - I have no idea who is right or who is wrong anymore. Right now I just want to know the outcome. If VCU and Dayton stay in the A10 and we have to stay then I guess we could be OK - not great. Why would Memphis or Cincy join the A10 - they still have football to worry about.</p></blockquote>

There is zero chance cinci and Memphis would join the a-10.