Woolard's Replacement

got to wonder if botthoff isnt campaigning for the job with the media being on the bandwagon as such. i hope we look around and truly conduct a national search for the best guy. if after investigating all options, botthoff is truly the best we have to get, great, but if they name him in a relatively short time, that would have made a search almost impossible, we got cheated imo.

Seems to me USF found no shortage of very qualified candidates, and I would not think SLU would either. If this Botthoff dude was the person responsible for the current p!ss poor TV deal for the basketball team then I sure hope that we look the other way when he calls.

What are our chances of stealing an experienced ad from a DI program. Do we have the money to steal such an ad. Maybe go after Gonzaga's. He would be used to dealing with a private university and they just built a new arena. Or someone else like that. What do you all think?

Okay okay guys enough hints...."dynamic, fresh look, energetic, go getter" You guys are so persistent, of course I'll be the new SLU AD. All you had to do was ask.

Don't they still give you those reports in the military that explain how the $2000. per month you make is rally $50k per year.

I feel you should be paid according to what you think you might accomplish ...

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

A Bomb, don't forget to add $7 to $12K for insurance for you and your lovely wife. Most companies don't offer comprehensive BC/BS like you have in the army. When you come through St. Louis, give me a ring. I'll set you up with the Dept. of Energy Radiation Controls Tech Study guide and Safety study guides. You can walk into a $18 to $22/hr job in St. Louis, Oak Ridge, or Paducah with your experience and qual certs. Just shoot me an e-mail when you are around!

Just to start some conversation, how about Charlie Spoonhour? He is revered by the city and let's face it, the new AD is going to have to sell basketball tickets (down almost 10,000 a game since he left) and raise funds for the new arena. Give him a three-year contract and at the same time, hire a guy to be his right-hand man (or woman) who will inherit the job when Charlie retires.

He wouldn't be coaching, so his health shouldn't be an issue.

Any other thoughts?

>Just to start some conversation, how about Charlie

>Spoonhour? He is revered by the city and let's face it, the

>new AD is going to have to sell basketball tickets (down

>almost 10,000 a game since he left) and raise funds for the

>new arena. Give him a three-year contract and at the same

>time, hire a guy to be his right-hand man (or woman) who

>will inherit the job when Charlie retires.

>

>He wouldn't be coaching, so his health shouldn't be an

>issue.

>

>Any other thoughts?

If Charlie could host funraisers at Cardinal games and Jimmy Biffet concerts it might work. Although he never put much effort into recruiting so I don't think he'd put much effort into fundraising.

The last time SLU had a celebrity AD was when they hired Jim Bakken. What a disaster. SLU paid for a membership at Algonquin CC for him to entertain and raise money from big wigs . All he did was play golf by himself,never was in the office and brought in no money.

it is my understanding that spoon didnt leave on good terms. let spoon ride off into the sunset. we dont need a glad hander. we need a tireless worker that isnt looking for a retirement job.

frank c mentioned today on his show that santa clara's ad, cheryl levick was a possibility.

her is a link to her bio from santa clara site:

http://santaclarabroncos.collegesports.com...vickcheryl.html

i think this is more in line with what we want.

local ties, success at two separate high academic schools with one being a jesuit environment, a recently completed new basketball arena and a capital fundraising drive and a list of "firsts" a mile long. go after this woman.

it's been so long and she has since spent all that time at santa clara in a true jesuit collegiate atmosphere, i am hoping she has washed the bad experience and horrible college choice of her youth out of her system.

...not!

You should not associate a person who has a degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia with the misdeeds of the Missouri athletic department. There's nothing wrong with Mizzou, the university. My degree is from UMSL (the University of Missouri-St. Louis), which is in the same system -- does that mean something is wrong with me?