@ Duquesne

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

La Salle moves squarely onto the bubble with their top 40 rpi and a big win over butler. think this was double bad news for slu tonight.

Not bad for SLU at all. There isn't a number of slots reserved for A-10 teams. IF anything, it may give us an opportunity for another top 50 rpi win.

SLU will largely determine its own NCAA fate, needs to get on a sustained A10 winning streak, steal a big win on the road, or win A10 Tournament.

I, for one, am pleased to see Butler go down. All along I've said I wanted to see how Butler does on the road in the A10. Butler is overrated, maybe its luck is finally running out.

That's a big win for the LaSalle Explorers, who right now should be an NCAA Tournament team per the RPI.

La Salle moves squarely onto the bubble with their top 40 rpi and a big win over butler. think this was double bad news for slu tonight.

Not bad for SLU at all. There isn't a number of slots reserved for A-10 teams. IF anything, it may give us an opportunity for another top 50 rpi win.

True. The bigger thing for me is that I really wanted SLU to have a shot at top 10 team when we play them next week.

The optimist in me thinks it's impressive that we won a road game when we shot 14% from 3, while the pessimist in me thinks we squeeked by a bad Duquesne team.

Whatever, we notched a road win. Need to get another on Saturday.

LaSalle beat Butler by 1!

Students rushed the court and were told to leave because the game wasn't over.

Well, with the history between those two programs...who can blame the LaSalle students for being over anxious?!

grandy glaze.

4-4 fg, 8 pts, 11 rebs, 1 ast, 2 stls, 0 turnovers.

OUTSTANDING.

0-4 FT. NOT SO GOOD.

So what's the story here? Why'd he get the start and Remekun spend more time on the bench?

So what's the story here? Why'd he get the start and Remekun spend more time on the bench?

I was sort of half listening to the post game show and I think Crews said something like Grady had looked good in practice and they wanted to change things up a little bit.

Crews wanted energy and we should give him credit for the decision. Do I think Grandy is a skilled player? No. But I think we lack energy and toughness. I thought we could replace Brian but we haven't. Maybe a little Grandy is what this team needs. We have been lacking energy.

SLU will largely determine its own NCAA fate, needs to get on a sustained A10 winning streak, steal a big win on the road, or win A10 Tournament.

I, for one, am pleased to see Butler go down. All along I've said I wanted to see how Butler does on the road in the A10. Butler is overrated, maybe its luck is finally running out.

That's a big win for the LaSalle Explorers, who right now should be an NCAA Tournament team per the RPI.

Butler is not overrated.

Do I think Grandy is a skilled player? No.

I don't know if I would say Grandy lacks skills. He clearly has the ability to rebound well and can run the floor. However, he is very very raw and seems to be an awful FT shooter.

He was the MVP tonight and hopefully will get more PT going forward especially in these physical grind it out type of games when our shots aren't falling.

Oh man, was that an ugly game. I kept thinking if we can only get a 5-pt. lead...which took forever to get. I'm not feeling very confident heading to bonawelder u.Obviously our shooting was poor but I thought we made way too many fundamental errors on defense. Any road win is a good win ? I guess, but I don't think this was very encouraging.The funny posts here were more entertaining than the game.

Just taking a quick glance at the box score. We shot 39 free throws. WOW. Glad we got the ball inside and got to the line. I could get used to that. Opens up the 3 ball too.

Just a quick side note. I feel like Rob Loe should get more than 0 rebounds in a game.

True. The bigger thing for me is that I really wanted SLU to have a shot at top 10 team when we play them next week.

We are struggling with bottom tier unranked teams. What makes you think we will beat a top ten team? It really does not matter where they are ranked as long as we beat them. However, I understand that was your desire.

We are struggling with bottom tier unranked teams. What makes you think we will beat a top ten team? It really does not matter where they are ranked as long as we beat them. However, I understand that was your desire.

We've proven to play to the level of our opponent a lot over the last couple years. I kind of expect that again against Butler, VCU, etc. And it really doesn't matter what they're ranked and its actually more important what they're ranked at the end of the season but it just adds excitement and it would be huge to a program to beat a Top 10 team.

Just taking a quick glance at the box score. We shot 39 free throws. WOW. Glad we got the ball inside and got to the line. I could get used to that. Opens up the 3 ball too.

Just a quick side note. I feel like Rob Loe should get more than 0 rebounds in a game.

The three ball was open enough for us to miss 18 of 21! Pretty amazing that we could pull off a road victory with that kind of horrible shooting. Hopefully that means it will even out and we'll hit a bunch against St. B. If it doesn't, Saturday will be a rough day.

All in, any day that we win on the road has to be considered a good day.

Grandy reminds me of Conklin as a sophomore. He has tons of energy and try's hard but is rough around the edges. However, around the basket he is decent, not missing easy shots. His hustle on the mitchell loose ball resulted in an easy two points....... He is rebounding which is something remekun is not doing.