Crawford signs

SLUDrew

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new coaching staff will sign up to 3 players in the spring. Maybe 1 transfer, 1 juco and one hs player or something like that.

Does anyone know of any names of possibilities?

We have to get another big with losing CE and CR. That's over 50 minutes/ game of combined play lost.

Getting into the BE would have to help a lot attract some solid players regardless of our coaching situation.

The nice point guard from belleville east was there, reddick.

The father of junior center, justin diecker was at the ut martin game

The nice point guard from belleville east was there, reddick.

The father of junior center, justin diecker was at the ut martin game

How good are either of these two players, since I don't see many high school games and follow it as much as some of you?

How good are either of these two players, since I don't see many high school games and follow it as much as some of you?

reddick gets lost in malcom hills shadow (hill is spectacular. i believe he is the best player in the metro area.) but reddick is legit. he is big for a high school point guard. probably around 6'2" and at least 180-190 lbs. i would take him. i have no idea who is chasing reddick.

diecker is only a junior. he is listed as 6'9" he might be that. he is definitely bigger than his father who is 6'5". he is a true back to the basket big (which i love). he goes strong to the basket when he get the ball. personally i think he is better now than manning was last year as a freshman at slu. he could use more muscle but he isnt skinny skinny. this summer, bonner spent a lot of time working with him, i assume as a favor to the eagles. but what i like best about diecker is his hands. he catches the ball. a lot of underclassmen bigs dont. he is not playing on a good team right now. so he gets mugged double and triple teamed every time he gets the ball every time a shot goes up yet he still is averaging 17 ppg and 8 rpg. the two schools that have shown him the most attention so far are missouri state and south dakota state. imo we should be after him also.

i have not seen the cahokia and east st louis kids this year yet. cahokia has a couple of D1 kids at least. Darius Austin (only a junior) is 6'7" . and keenan minor is a lazer beam point guard. eastside has two kids that should be D1 players, Johnnhy McCray a big kid 6'4" and everybit 240 lbs or more. Deshawn Munson is the point guard. both average about 15-16 points a game. Munson has been in trouble. and rumor is his mom got the previous coach fired. there is a reason munson isnt committed yet because the kid is a player. (probably only hill from Belleville east is better). i dont know if he is an academic risk, or his troubled past, or his mom, but for some reason, no school has picked him up yet. mccray is a late bloomer rising to the top of the team this year. so i dont know much about what he is going to do either.

There were 2 kids waiting to see the coaches after the game. One was about 6-3, the other 6-7 or 6-8. Unfortunately, the tall kid was wearing a creighton jacket.

There were 2 kids waiting to see the coaches after the game. One was about 6-3, the other 6-7 or 6-8. Unfortunately, the tall kid was wearing a creighton jacket.

Only because the SLU jackets are not in the store, yet

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Crawford: His team went 3-1 at the Richmond holiday tournament losing to the 4th ranked team in 4A(highest class). They had a lead with 2 minutes to go. He finished that game with 32 pts and 12 rebounds. He broke the Richmond tournament record for most points in the tourney. He went into last weekend needing 41 points to break the school scoring record. He got 34 points on Friday then broke the record the following night with 24 points. He passed former Purdue standout Matt Waddell. His team is now 12-1 and ranked 3rd. He's averaging 29 ppg and 10 rbg. Tough game this weekend against another ranked 4A team in Kokomo. So anyone questioning the level of competition should stop. Here's an article on Mike.

http://m.kokomotribune.com/kokomo/db_264991/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=tNGoi3kv

Now let's sign a big guard or small forward and a power forward to compliment Mr. Crawford.

We also need a center who is a banger and strong on the boards who is not a project. I have seen a number of good big men playing for teams that are not high major teams. We should be able to find one. When I say good I mean players who are tougher than our big men. broy, or anyone else who may know, is the East St. Louis player Munson a high D1 player talent wise and does he have the grades to qualify for a SLU scholarship?

-I will wonder about the competition if he is playing the Beach Boys "down in Kokomo", unless they bring out Kevin Love

-stay healthy Mr Crawford

-I wonder what coaches are kicking themselves over letting him get two states away to play in college??

Crawford also just became Tipton's all-time leading scorer, with a good amount of season left to play. His trend line is going way up from everything I've read this season. Seems like a really good signing in what otherwise has been a rough recruiting period for us.

Apparently he is a very bright young man and a talented player. I am impressed that he signed with the Billikens because of our academics and our prospects in basketball without knowing who the coach will be. Sounds like an ideal Billiken to add to our outstanding crew of young men who are good at basketball and intend to achieve championships.

Apparently he is a very bright young man and a talented player. I am impressed that he signed with the Billikens because of our academics and our prospects in basketball without knowing who the coach will be. Sounds like an ideal Billiken to add to our outstanding crew of young men who are good at basketball and intend to achieve championships.

Hopefully, the next "ideal Billiken" will be about 6'10 260 with a 4.0 GPA.

Now let's sign a big guard or small forward and a power forward to compliment Mr. Crawford.

We also need a center who is a banger and strong on the boards who is not a project. I have seen a number of good big men playing for teams that are not high major teams. We should be able to find one. When I say good I mean players who are tougher than our big men. broy, or anyone else who may know, is the East St. Louis player Munson a high D1 player talent wise and does he have the grades to qualify for a SLU scholarship?

Munson is high major talent but will go JUCO.